Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2339 2340 [2341] 2342 2343 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443835 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35100 on: August 14, 2011, 12:42:08 am »

Meh, it isn't even that good for hax0r music. Try this! That will keep you up all night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35101 on: August 14, 2011, 01:14:55 am »

a. I seem to have become basically lactose intolerant, due to spending a mere 8 months or so with almost no milk intake.

b. Apparently, to a young and unmethodical mind, JRPGs are hard.  I miss the days when I had a really hard time with these sorts of games.  Haven't had a single fight in Chrono Cross that was anything like difficult, thus far =/

c. Bah.  Going to start man-hunting a bit harder.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:18:17 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35102 on: August 14, 2011, 01:40:37 am »

b. Apparently, to a young and unmethodical mind, JRPGs are hard.  I miss the days when I had a really hard time with these sorts of games.  Haven't had a single fight in Chrono Cross that was anything like difficult, thus far =/
Have you considered the possibility that the problem lies in the game?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35103 on: August 14, 2011, 01:52:36 am »

Well, maybe I'll have a harder time with something else, but I feel like these games have started to come off a lot easier with age.

Maybe it is just CC, though.  Hurm.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35104 on: August 14, 2011, 02:05:23 am »

The newer the game, the likelier it is to be easier. More recent JRPGs tend to focus a lot more on storyline than difficulty. Note that this is not neccessarily a bad thing, and the trend does seem to be reversing.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35105 on: August 14, 2011, 02:07:19 am »

My FF6 nostalgia roadtrip has stalled at the Opera House for just this reason.  I'm finding things to do instead of continuing to play the game.

Which given else going on in my life, is a sad commentary on basically everything, but now's not the time for that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35106 on: August 14, 2011, 02:10:15 am »

Yeah.  I'm currently playing the game because I want to burn time, to relax my overtired brain a little, and so on.  But it's not exactly... fun.  Not right now, anyway.  I still have hopes for it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35107 on: August 14, 2011, 02:14:31 am »

I can't get my new Kobo to stop putting every file I add to it in the "currently reading" section. That means that, as I add my large existing library to it, the section becomes useless.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35108 on: August 14, 2011, 02:19:50 am »

Though I had a good time watching Conan the Barbarian, and chatting while driving some friends I haven't seen in a while home, I'm afraid I was about 3 hours later than I'd hoped... which kept me from being able to Livestream Amnesia as I'd promised to do.

Internet or no, I feel like I let people down. :/

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35109 on: August 14, 2011, 02:28:43 am »

Feh.

I think I'm getting pretty tired of the "here, have lots and lots of dead ends!" area design for this, too.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35110 on: August 14, 2011, 02:43:03 am »

Feh.

I think I'm getting pretty tired of the "here, have lots and lots of dead ends!" area design for this, too.

Well, look at it this way. You're not continually forced to avoid bird crap or plummet to your doom.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35111 on: August 14, 2011, 02:47:03 am »

But, see, that was so much fun.  Especially cartwheeling into the stairs.  And shooting guard after guard in the back of the head with the M9 tranq.  And, yeah, honestly, even the seagull shit.

Faaaabuuuuu~

On the other hand, I didn't get to play as a female mad scientist in the game, so Chrono Cross does have some advantages.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35112 on: August 14, 2011, 02:48:38 am »

...and now I'm wondering what MGS would be like if Snake was a female mad scientist.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35113 on: August 14, 2011, 02:55:01 am »

...and now I'm wondering what MGS would be like if Snake was a female mad scientist.

I don't suppose you've ever played FF7 Dirge of Cerberus have you?  I only really mention it because that's the only game I can think of with a female mad scientist character.

Or, I suppose you could have some kind of MGS4 side story where you play as Naomi to try to explain her batshit crazy motivations.  Kojima would probably enjoy making that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35114 on: August 14, 2011, 02:56:14 am »

I do my best to stay away from any official derivative works of sequels. Sturgeon's Law applies to the official stuff, too.

Pages: 1 ... 2339 2340 [2341] 2342 2343 ... 8167