Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2309 2310 [2311] 2312 2313 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442061 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34650 on: August 09, 2011, 02:20:05 pm »

It's a veritable creep-fest around those eager to spout their views on rape in Vector's PRT. Guys have no idea how fucking creepy they are.

I think they must think PRT stands for Progressive Rape Thread. And that's honestly a terrifying concept since I have no idea what it means.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34651 on: August 09, 2011, 02:22:57 pm »

I don't even know how that topic keeps going back to rape. It's the first time I've actually stuck around to that conversation though, and I'm not really liking what I'm seeing in some lines of discussion.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34652 on: August 09, 2011, 02:24:23 pm »

One thing I have to wonder though. Sexual content isn't allowed on this board at all, so... Is the topic even open for discussion? Or are they rampantly breaking guidelines?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34653 on: August 09, 2011, 02:24:37 pm »

Someone already made that joke a couple weeks ago Janet.

I typically try to avoid the thread when it goes that direction.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34654 on: August 09, 2011, 02:25:21 pm »

I find it quite difficult to avoid a discussion when people feel the need to drag it into another thread.
*Hugs*

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34655 on: August 09, 2011, 02:27:45 pm »

Posted my short comment and I'll leave it at that.
I just hope the topic dies and we can move on to something more productive.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34656 on: August 09, 2011, 02:28:17 pm »

People aren't supposed to be discussing other threads in this thread at all. Beyond being impolite, it tends to start greater conflicts, and makes taking care of altercations much more difficult for the Moderators because they have to clean shit in multiple places. Please people, take it to PMs, IMs, or anywhere that is not a sad/rage/happy/confused/apathetic thread.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34657 on: August 09, 2011, 02:29:01 pm »

It's a veritable creep-fest around those eager to spout their views on rape in Vector's PRT. Guys have no idea how fucking creepy they are.

You would think people would know better by now. :/

I've been thinking of taking meds to help me focus. I really hate the idea of that though. When I was taking Ritalin for ADHD it eventually gave me tics, or so they say, not to mention the change in my personality. I dunno, things would be so much easier if I just took the easy route for once :(.
Well, this trip taught me that my pills aren't as 'magic' as I thought they would be.
They only help with the most basic stuff. Anything more complicated is still hell.
So yeah, there's no easy way with some issues.

Aye, I agree. I just find it extremly annoying to forget what I've learned or to have to reread a paragraph three times to actually understand it. With Ritalin I was able to learn at a very fast rate...

They're not supposed to provide a high (even through the ones that are derived from amphetamines do. There are alternatives, though). Their purpose is to stimulate parts of the brain that are underoperative in ADHD sufferers. Feeling high (or, conversely, nervous, or being unable to sleep) is a side-effect.

Yeah. Stimulants tend to have a calming, sedative like effect on people with ADHD from what I've heard. I can confirm it myself on caffiene and ADHD meds.
My personality profile.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34658 on: August 09, 2011, 02:29:23 pm »

:(

Lets talk about something else that is depressing then.

This is the 6th day in a row I have had blinding migraines.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34659 on: August 09, 2011, 02:38:27 pm »

Spoiler: The Rage Thread Thing (click to show/hide)

Sorry for that; I agree that it really shouldn't be dragged into another thread, but since it has, I thought I'd post something to try and coax it back into its original thread. Anyway, I don't have any sad to express that wouldn't just continue the derail, so good wishes to those of you who actually do have appropriate material for this thread, and I apologize again to those of you who really don't want to be talking about this.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34660 on: August 09, 2011, 02:42:24 pm »

Aye, I agree. I just find it extremly annoying to forget what I've learned or to have to reread a paragraph three times to actually understand it. With Ritalin I was able to learn at a very fast rate...
I'm just concerned that my behaviour today would justify another visit to my psychologist, since it was far from normal. But it's just expensive and causes trouble.

I just need to stay away from groups I don't fully trust, or learn to leave when they start making me feel uncomfortable, before it escalates.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34661 on: August 09, 2011, 03:12:55 pm »

... Feh.  Serves me for going to class and trying to get an education.

Oh, well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34662 on: August 09, 2011, 03:14:40 pm »

May I be curious?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34663 on: August 09, 2011, 03:22:49 pm »

May I be curious?

Thread explosion y'all were discussing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34664 on: August 09, 2011, 03:30:27 pm »

Hey guys, look what I found: an online Personality Disorder Test.  Let 71 yes or no questions from the Internet tell you just how screwed up in the head you are across ten axes.

I love these things, they're such crazy magnifiers.  I remember taking them all the time as a teenager and getting depressed and paranoid because my results sounded so much worse than other people, before I figured out that these things are total bunk.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 2309 2310 [2311] 2312 2313 ... 8167