Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2296 2297 [2298] 2299 2300 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466902 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34455 on: August 06, 2011, 06:45:15 pm »

So, day went pretty well, got some good sales in. About half an hour before the end of my shift, I walk past a store associate and a customer. Said associate grabs me, says, "This guy knows everything computers," looks at me with the 'help me' look in his eyes, and backs away slowly. Said customer begins grilling me about benchmarking on specific processors. *brain asplode* I'm not sure what's worse, feeling like a total impostor, or having to say, "I'm sorry ser, but there are so many computers that I deal with on a daily basis that I can't possibly know everything about every one," and leaving it at that. :/

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34456 on: August 06, 2011, 07:01:21 pm »

My brother is infected with Rubella.

Haven't had enough sleep since then.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #34457 on: August 06, 2011, 07:33:58 pm »

So lonely tonight ;_;

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34458 on: August 06, 2011, 08:21:27 pm »

...Why on earth would you do this, Bethesda. Just... why.

Not even Play The Wind can make me feel better.

I understand that it still might be a great game, and I'm still looking forward to it, but seriously. A port. It's a slap in the face.

EDIT: Irrelevant. I have decided on further reflection that I will play the game anyways, and I will enjoy it anyways, port or no. Maybe I'll blaspheme and get the console version.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:32:34 pm by Vertigon »

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34459 on: August 06, 2011, 09:13:01 pm »

I gave into my feelings in that depression topic in life advice. I'm usually really good at distancing myself emotionally from subjects but I actually got really angry. I find my inability to control myself in this situation saddening. Bleh :(, at least I handled it well I guess.
My personality profile.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34460 on: August 07, 2011, 12:22:39 am »

My Cat ran away... I think it is dead... and if not it will be dead soon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34461 on: August 07, 2011, 12:26:48 am »

My Cat ran away... I think it is dead... and if not it will be dead soon.

:(

I hope your cat comes back soon.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34462 on: August 07, 2011, 12:27:23 am »

I hope it comes back before the morning. There is going to be a serious Lightning storm then....

Thanks Angel of Death
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:44:30 am by Neonivek »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34463 on: August 07, 2011, 12:33:24 am »

Feel funky.  All emotional and shit.

I'm pretty sure I could make someone really happy.  Until that day, I'm going to keep educating myself and trying to get better at cuisine and all those other things.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34464 on: August 07, 2011, 12:46:39 am »

I hope it comes back before the morning. There is going to be a serious Lightning storm then....
Good luck. We're lucky enough that ours fled indoors upon seeing lightning, but I know how rough it is worrying about a lost pet. They can come back, though! Our cat was gone for a week when he was a kitten, and managed to find his way back in one (underweight) piece. So there may yet be hope.

I'm pretty sure I could make someone really happy.  Until that day, I'm going to keep educating myself and trying to get better at cuisine and all those other things.
Good luck to you, as well. Self-improvement for the win! Gonna have to follow your lead, I think. I've too much room for improvement.

EDIT: I could say you make a number of people here on the boards pretty happy, but while technically true I'm pretty sure it misses what you actually mean by a fairly wide margin. But, don't think I'm implying by omission that you don't. Also, further disclaimer disclaimers x infinity, just to save myself the trouble of typing them out.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34465 on: August 07, 2011, 12:49:18 am »

Yeah, thanks!  I'm starting to think about how nice it was the first time I tried dating, or the other times when someone was interested in me and I showed a little interest.  It felt good to cook for other people and feel appreciated, or ... just all of that stuff.  And it was nice to have someone to hug, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34466 on: August 07, 2011, 12:52:24 am »

Feel funky.  All emotional and shit.

You're a nerdface. You make a lot of strangers on the internet happy every day. :P Now to just take it to real life!

/ninja'd

The other day I was going to give you a hug, but I figured I shouldn't jump on you the first time I met you. ^-^

*awkward hawkward*

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34467 on: August 07, 2011, 12:53:07 am »

Dating, huh?
University can't start soon enough...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34468 on: August 07, 2011, 12:57:49 am »

Yeah, thanks!  I'm starting to think about how nice it was the first time I tried dating, or the other times when someone was interested in me and I showed a little interest.  It felt good to cook for other people and feel appreciated, or ... just all of that stuff.  And it was nice to have someone to hug, too.

Now you've got me thinking of similar feelings. Not sure whether that's sad or not, but it's interesting to reflect on how much I've done for myself as a consequence of feeling that sort of thing. Even though, after a while, that stopped being the motivation, so many of the interests and good habits I've picked up grew out of that kind of want. I dunno. Happy or sad, thanks for the excuse for self-evaluation. :)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34469 on: August 07, 2011, 01:01:16 am »

Cat is back she somehow squeezed into the backyard and my brother and sister caught her.

She is in a REALLY lousy mood but I am glad she is back.
Pages: 1 ... 2296 2297 [2298] 2299 2300 ... 8167