Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2288 2289 [2290] 2291 2292 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462709 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34335 on: August 04, 2011, 08:52:31 pm »

Happy Wheels messed up again.

NOOOOOOO.
Dude, all you're missing is 200 levels of "Herp derp kill justin beebir cuz hes gaylol"
*Hugs*

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34336 on: August 04, 2011, 09:03:28 pm »

Happy Wheels messed up again.

NOOOOOOO.
Dude, all you're missing is 200 levels of "Herp derp kill justin beebir cuz hes gaylol"
And 100 levels of fun. And the ability to make levels.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34337 on: August 04, 2011, 09:14:18 pm »

Wake up at 4am. Roommate snores. Attempts to seep fail. Exam tomorrow.
Dry throat. Out of water. Get dressed. Go downstairs. Plunder vending machine.
Browse bay12.

To-Do:
Go back up and sleep.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34338 on: August 04, 2011, 10:21:24 pm »

Additionally, I really do need to read the Bible entire at some point...
I managed to do it once by reading one chapter a day.  That's not actually all that much.  Yeah it does take a whole year, but it's better than putting it off forever, or trying to get through all GAJILLION pages of it in a reasonable amount of time.  Or you could read two chapters a day and get through it in six months... ish?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34339 on: August 04, 2011, 10:23:13 pm »

I was going to do something like that, yeah.  Maybe read 100 pages a day for a couple of weeks.  Something like that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34340 on: August 04, 2011, 10:31:24 pm »

Being awake for too long has given me a headache. Time for bed I think.

I've read the Old Testament twice but never managed the New "cover to cover", I have read good chunks of it, though.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34341 on: August 04, 2011, 10:34:09 pm »

I read a children's version of the Torah cover to cover a few times when I was a little kid, and started on the Gideon Bible in motel rooms a couple times, but never managed to get very far... but I guess I've finally got a pretty good revision of the King James, which is cute.  I read a little just to check my speed, and honestly, I don't think it's going to take all that long.

At the very least, it seems like a pretty cool story, and I am quite looking forward to the Song of Solomon >_<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34342 on: August 04, 2011, 10:43:06 pm »

The OT has some awesome characters with big personalities. I found it a bit dry in places and a little difficult to comprehend in others but it's certainly not bad.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34343 on: August 04, 2011, 10:57:36 pm »

My own idiocy saddened me today.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34344 on: August 04, 2011, 11:12:54 pm »

A while back I posted about my cousin accused of raping a girl. He got out on bail and just shot himself in the head.... He never quite made it to trial or was convicted.... He never will. His mom is taking it really hard and though she was often mean to me, she didn't deserve this. I'm not letting myself feel anything right now.

There's a lot of speculation that this means he did it. I admit I thought he probably did it when I heard about it, but it sort of leaves a terrible taste in my mouth when I hear people say "it's better this way." Even if he did it the death penalty was never on the table--he may have deserved prison, but people are going to say death when they know his family is within earshot?  It's also possible he didn't do it but knew he had little to no chance of not being convicted. Factually, it would depend on how drunk she was and how drunk she wanted to be as well as what they both actually did.... Tactically, she's a lot more believable than he is in general.... I don't really know what to think and I'm not sure it matters anymore. Whether or not he did it is kind of moot.... I don't know how to feel about this and I'm not sure I want to.

There's just no closure here for anyone really. None of this really makes sense.... All of it is really a waste....
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:52:31 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34345 on: August 04, 2011, 11:17:23 pm »

I'm suddenly feeling so small and worthless for reasons I can't put on here because of guidelines. ... Just... What the hell me... Is that really what's with all the downloading?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34346 on: August 04, 2011, 11:21:09 pm »

I'm suddenly feeling so small and worthless for reasons I can't put on here because of guidelines. ... Just... What the hell me... Is that really what's with all the downloading?
Everybody downloads "those" things from time to time. You're not small or worthless because of it.

Well, that's what I assume you're sad about. I'm pretty tired right now so I probably misread something.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34347 on: August 04, 2011, 11:25:00 pm »

Eh kinda. It's... Well I feel like I'm being a bad girlfriend to be honest. I'm worried I'm making her feel insufficient. .<

Edit: Also a bit late... But honestly AoD. I've come to think of you as a decent guy on here. Sorry if I ever went out of my way to bother you before.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:26:33 pm by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34348 on: August 04, 2011, 11:56:05 pm »

.... My date this weekend just canceled on me by email, just now. No explanation, no offer to reschedule, just .... The email actually reads:

"I can't go out with you."

I don't understand; he asked me.... He seemed nice.... I don't think I said or did anything to make this happen, but I know I'm going to be staying up tonight wondering if I did. I'll be going over every single word I said to him in my mind and mentally examining them in my head for any mistakes. I just want to call and ask him why to calm my nerves but I know it's too late and that might seem desperate.

I don't understand men at all. :(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 12:01:12 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34349 on: August 05, 2011, 12:16:50 am »

Don't worry, I don't understand women.

Or people, for that matter, but that's a different story :P
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 2288 2289 [2290] 2291 2292 ... 8167