Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2287 2288 [2289] 2290 2291 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462738 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34320 on: August 04, 2011, 04:41:03 pm »

This is the post from toady in question. To be fair, it describes what happened pretty well.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #34321 on: August 04, 2011, 05:08:03 pm »

Just noticed the update to the mod log... I see you are all a step ahead of me. Sad to loose another.

Moderator log, whats that?
I'm a bit saddened about these bans and mutes lately, though they were probably given for good reasons. They should just have thinked more before posting something unacceptable. Or they just didn't care.
Edit: The loss of interesting posts is the problem sad thing, but if they break rules then theres no option. Probably. So tired, off to sleep ->
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:17:49 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34322 on: August 04, 2011, 05:31:57 pm »

Just noticed the update to the mod log... I see you are all a step ahead of me. Sad to loose another.

Moderator log, whats that?

It's stickied here in GD.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34323 on: August 04, 2011, 07:52:57 pm »

Sleepy, mildly nauseated, tired, lonely, head full of theology.

Bad combination.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34324 on: August 04, 2011, 07:55:40 pm »

Oh hey, sleep, I guess I'm happy you come over from time to time, but you really need to pick more unreasonable hours to visit.
*Hugs*

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34325 on: August 04, 2011, 07:57:06 pm »

So I asked my contact at my college about the drawing portfolio I need to make.  And when it will be due.  He doesn't give a deadline, and pretty much says don't worry about it.  Flash forward to today, when I get a call from someone who will be directing the open house this weekend for my degree.  He's asking for my progress on my portfolio >_<  *sigh*

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34326 on: August 04, 2011, 08:00:17 pm »

I was supposed to go get a few beers after work with my coworkers. I had a headache so I skipped it.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34327 on: August 04, 2011, 08:16:25 pm »

Sleepy, mildly nauseated, tired, lonely, head full of theology.

Bad combination.

Are you doing a degree in it, or just reading up on it?

I'm doing a degree, and I'm loving it. Learning Latin and Greek for doubleplusgood!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34328 on: August 04, 2011, 08:26:37 pm »

I'm edifying myself.  I'm a math and rhetoric student, but I think the link between religion and social contract theory (by extension, game theory) is fascinating.  At the moment I'm polishing off The Confessions of Saint Augustine.

Unfortunately, no one else I know personally who's read it seemed to get anything out of it, though I consider it pretty cool.  One of my personal rules for reading texts is that you try to get the most out of it, and ignore everything unsavory unless it actively teaches you something new in its errors... their point of view seems to be that because he spent a little bit too long making a parable of his pear-stealing, the entire thing is just a round of self-flagellating muck.  Forget the theories on time and memory, of course, and their relationship to the creation myth!  No, we're just going to make him into a preppy private university inside joke, to be laughed at by the materialistic atheists in all their wisdom and distaste for ascetic monasticism.

Lucky for me that I follow Tarski's Litany:

If it is true, let me believe it to be true.  If it is false, let me believe it to be false.

So, er, anyway, rants aside, I'm learning a lot.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34329 on: August 04, 2011, 08:27:15 pm »

More crap to deal with...

My sister has 1 hand covered in 2nd degree burns now, so she may not be able to start that job.

My uncle had a heart attack and will die soon.

So yea, 2 unhorrible days is all I will get for a while.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34330 on: August 04, 2011, 08:30:24 pm »

I'm edifying myself.  I'm a math and rhetoric student, but I think the link between religion and social contract theory (by extension, game theory) is fascinating.  At the moment I'm polishing off The Confessions of Saint Augustine.

Unfortunately, no one else I know personally who's read it seemed to get anything out of it, though I consider it pretty cool.  One of my personal rules for reading texts is that you try to get the most out of it, and ignore everything unsavory unless it actively teaches you something new in its errors... their point of view seems to be that because he spent a little bit too long making a parable of his pear-stealing, the entire thing is just a round of self-flagellating muck.  Forget the theories on time and memory, of course, and their relationship to the creation myth!  No, we're just going to make him into a preppy private university inside joke, to be laughed at by the materialistic atheists in all their wisdom and distaste for ascetic monasticism.

Lucky for me that I follow Tarski's Litany:

If it is true, let me believe it to be true.  If it is false, let me believe it to be false.

So, er, anyway, rants aside, I'm learning a lot.

That's good to know. I haven't had a chance to properly read it, but I'm looking forward to it. What else are you reading?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34331 on: August 04, 2011, 08:37:11 pm »

My physique bothers me.

Well, I've been getting progressively shorter throughout the years, I used to be 5'10, then 5'9, and now I'm 5'8. This is very concerning to me.

Also, I haven't had the chance for rigorous exercise very often, and my lifestyle has been getting more sedentary. This actually doesn't make me happy, since over the course of the last two weeks of my temp job, my diet consisted of almost nothing buy sugary coffee, cookie dough, smores, no bake cookies, pizza, and fried chicken. My waistline did not escape from that one unscathed. I might have gained 10-15 pounds from how I was before.

Really, the only exercise that I could get into was playing table tennis, but now that I'm back home, there's no one to play with, and my life has reverted back to it's lazy, former self. Atleast for another month and ten days. This makes me very sad, since I don't like letting my skills rust, and I'm concerned over how much weight I'm gaining.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34332 on: August 04, 2011, 08:38:45 pm »

Well, I think that may be it for strict Christianity for the next little bit--I need a break.  I think I want to read more about the Greek myths and, perhaps, the emergence of Christianity in the Roman empire.  I'm kind of fuzzy on that.

Additionally, I really do need to read the Bible entire at some point, rather than just relying on rough knowledge of its contents (my grandfather on one side was a Lutheran minister/missionary to China and Japan, and my great-grandmother on the other side was a Catholic nun, so I kind of grew up with a fair amount of faithiness going on).  The Torah... the Talmud... the Qur'an.  I also have a copy of the Tibetan Book of the Dead lying around somewhere, and the analects of Confucius.  I don't really have a comprehensive list on me right now, since most of my books are in a different house. 

I guess this next semester may be the Semester of Religion, just as last semester was the Semester of Progressivism.  Or maybe the semester of Religion and Monsters, because I think their study is a crucial part of social contract theory as well.  Hurm...

Well, anyway.  I don't really know what-all I'll be reading, but I'll be sure to keep posting about it if people are interested.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34333 on: August 04, 2011, 08:50:23 pm »

Please do. I, at least, would be interested.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34334 on: August 04, 2011, 08:51:06 pm »

Happy Wheels messed up again.

NOOOOOOO.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 2287 2288 [2289] 2290 2291 ... 8167