Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2279 2280 [2281] 2282 2283 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456457 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34200 on: August 02, 2011, 10:01:39 pm »

Chances are that it still has the default password anyway. If not, routers all have a reset button on them in the back. You usually have to use a pen or something to poke it.

No, they regularly change it, and like I said, it's not my router.

Don't reset it unless you are sure there is no setting required. And once you reset it your parents will definitely know you did something to it. One way you can try is to pull the plug for like 30 secs to a minutes, and replug it. Sometimes it helps.

Oh yeah, we've tried both of these things. They usually don't help.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:24:56 pm by freeformschooler »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #34201 on: August 02, 2011, 10:14:37 pm »

When you say it goes out, do you mean it isn't connected to your pc, or it is just disconnected from the internet? If it's the latter, it could just be the isp messing with something.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34202 on: August 02, 2011, 10:23:41 pm »

When you say it goes out, do you mean it isn't connected to your pc, or it is just disconnected from the internet? If it's the latter, it could just be the isp messing with something.

The latter. It can't get a DSL signal. This has been going on for months, some days like today are worse than others. We have AT&T, whenever we call their crew over here (the router's under warranty so having a crew come take a look is free), they always find some little problem with the router or the phone jack or something else entirely, tell us the router can't be fixed (either that's true or they don't really know how to solve the problem or couldn't figure out what it was), leave and then AT&T sends us a new router that's almost exactly like the old one. We hook it up and it makes no difference, we still have the same problems. So we just have extra routers that are meaningless backups.

I have been in the business of software troubleshooting (and a bit of hardware too) for the last several years and wouldn't mind getting into networking when I go to college for real. I just hope it's not all nonsense like this.

We would switch providers but we have a great plan with AT&T for very cheap that we were grandfathered into, and the same thing for the other providers in our area (most of which are pretty terrible anyway) would be a lot more money that we don't have to spend.

Oh, and my last post contained failquoting, but when I went back to change it earlier my internet went out again.

I feel like an old person that doesn't under computers when I say "my internet went out".
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:25:53 pm by freeformschooler »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34203 on: August 02, 2011, 10:58:21 pm »

Fucking no one gives me any sort of advice without being smug and condescending and assholes. I get real fucking inspired with these 15 minute long speeches about all my failures and shortcomings. Not any mention of anything good about me. Just, "hey, you're a piece of shit with a bad track record and no work ethic, go get em".
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #34204 on: August 02, 2011, 11:41:15 pm »

Next time your internet goes out, do a traceroute on 97.107.128.126 (that's bay12's ip). It may give you more of a starting point to figure out what's wrong. I suspect it isn't on your end, but it's at least interesting to find out what it is, and if it persists could help your isp figure out what's wrong.
Not sure whether you've done a traceroute before; in order to do one, open command prompt and type

tracert insertIpHere

Depending on the results, you may be slightly more enlightened, or at worst in the same befuddled state you started.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34205 on: August 03, 2011, 01:14:02 am »

I just generally feel sad and depressed knowing my best friend won't be around for a few days...

Maybe I should just drown my sorrows in FPS games or something... I dunno...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34206 on: August 03, 2011, 03:37:48 am »

Total Jerkface just fucked up after I was about to save a level that I've been working on for most of the day.

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34207 on: August 03, 2011, 04:56:57 am »

I have sunburn and my body is covered with insect bites.

It makes me a little sad.
[Signature]

Weary Exile

• Bay Watcher
  • Beard Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34208 on: August 03, 2011, 12:03:25 pm »

I have the exact same problem, Tharwen.

The bites aren't healing because I can't resist the urge to scratch at them.
so sad
It's like regular childcare, except with more dogs, and less care.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34209 on: August 03, 2011, 02:14:21 pm »

NPR posted a story on Facebook about Jiangmen city "banning dogs", and the resulting shitstorm of comments makes me facepalmrage. I really expected better out of an NPR audience. Is everbody else on the planet (outside of 99% of this forum, it seems) a fucking moron?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34210 on: August 03, 2011, 02:18:33 pm »

Theres quite a decent chance of that, we've got nearly 38k members here (though the majority aren't very active at all)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34211 on: August 03, 2011, 02:21:45 pm »

Theres quite a decent chance of that, we've got nearly 38k members here (though the majority aren't very active at all)
Wait...so everyone outside of our 38k is a moron? (that's kinda what I was trying to say). Thirty-eight thousand's actually quite a lot of bright people. Enough, I daresay, to found a new nation. Strike the earth!  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34212 on: August 03, 2011, 02:32:23 pm »

Only like 2-3% of the people on this forum are real users, the rest are spam bots that inexplicably don't post.

Anyway, my sad today is everything is speeding up way to fast, I had to/have to do today what I thought I was going to do over the next two weeks. I don't really like it when shit speeds up without my prior knowledge.

Eh. That is a exaggeration, More like 18k real members and 20k bots, but still.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:38:24 pm by Criptfeind »

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34213 on: August 03, 2011, 02:34:20 pm »

It's not the world, just a huge group of stooges with about 38k more members then bay12.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34214 on: August 03, 2011, 03:59:19 pm »

Well it turns out that I'm gonna be out of contact with BOTH my best friends till Friday. Not just one...

Eh... Just... Fuck my life. Seriously.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 2279 2280 [2281] 2282 2283 ... 8167