Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2277 2278 [2279] 2280 2281 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455170 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34170 on: August 02, 2011, 03:08:35 pm »

Yeah, that's almost as much a crock of shit as the classic "you must always, without question, respect your elders."
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34171 on: August 02, 2011, 03:17:00 pm »

Yeah, that's almost as much a crock of shit as the classic "you must always, without question, respect your elders."
Yeah. At least mis madre gives some headway in the thought that "If a girl is coming at me with a knife, I must simply push them out of the way and seek help."
If I may, in some circumstances that JUST ISN'T POSSIBLE. Of course, being the personal shut-in I am, I've never been in such situations, but I know easily that they exist.
I feel lucky that I won't let myself be so vulnerable to such an irrational physical restriction that exists just because "That's the way it is". Of course, people may find that ethically refutable, but I don't really socially associate myself with such people beyond the internet anyway.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34172 on: August 02, 2011, 03:25:59 pm »

I'm meeeeeeeltiiiiing. Hot laptop, sealed windows, warm night.

Augh.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34173 on: August 02, 2011, 03:31:12 pm »

Yeah. At least mis madre gives some headway in the thought that "If a girl is coming at me with a knife, I must simply push them out of the way and seek help."
If I may, in some circumstances that JUST ISN'T POSSIBLE. Of course, being the personal shut-in I am, I've never been in such situations, but I know easily that they exist.
I feel lucky that I won't let myself be so vulnerable to such an irrational physical restriction that exists just because "That's the way it is". Of course, people may find that ethically refutable, but I don't really socially associate myself with such people beyond the internet anyway.

There is actually another side to this matter. Besides the obvious implication of "You should not hit women, they are the weaker sex and men bearing violence against them reveals him to be an unchivalrous brute and bully", there is a legal complication as well that necessitates heeding.

I'm not sure how many times you've been in a situation like this, but I've watched my Mother beat the shit out of her boyfriends without provocation. They are bloodied and battered and beaten, and they fight back too, but they leave few marks on my Mom in comparison to the abuse they receive. When the police arrive, they quickly haul the boyfriend away, and they console my Mother and ask if she wants to press charges against him, and she says no cause she loves him, and all the rest of the spiel.

Those are just my experiences, I don't want to sound sexist.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34174 on: August 02, 2011, 03:34:52 pm »

There is actually another side to this matter. Besides the obvious implication of "You should not hit women, they are the weaker sex and men bearing violence against them reveals him to be an unchivalrous brute and bully", there is a legal complication as well that necessitates heeding.

I'm not sure how many times you've been in a situation like this, but I've watched my Mother beat the shit out of her boyfriends without provocation. They are bloodied and battered and beaten, and they fight back too, but they leave few marks on my Mom in comparison to the abuse they receive. When the police arrive, they quickly haul the boyfriend away, and they console my Mother and ask if she wants to press charges against him, and she says no cause she loves him, and all the rest of the spiel.

Those are just my experiences, I don't want to sound sexist.
Yeah I've seen some of this sort of bullshit as well. Fortunately it's getting a bit more well known; maybe in a decade or so people will realize domestic abuse is a two way street.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34175 on: August 02, 2011, 03:37:14 pm »

I've been pummeled by at least two women. Rare instances, but they do occur. Granted, I actually embodied the sexist trope by taking the high road and not retaliating. Of course, that had a hell of a lot more to do with being in a relationship with the person doing the pummeling, in both instances.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34176 on: August 02, 2011, 04:01:15 pm »

Hrmph. The only three people I've ever been hit by have been women. I'm a nonviolent kind of guy, so I only punched back at the one trying to knock me out. The others I just ignored, walking away as they flailed at me. Lots of bruises, but they never did it again.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34177 on: August 02, 2011, 04:29:37 pm »

Scheduled downtime for steam while I was talking with someone. O(

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34178 on: August 02, 2011, 05:01:01 pm »

Whz is there no cat? I was told there would be a cat! You lied to me dad D:

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34179 on: August 02, 2011, 05:20:51 pm »

I started smoking, bought my first pack today, not sure why i did it, i kind of hate cigarettes and their stench :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34180 on: August 02, 2011, 05:26:28 pm »

I started smoking, bought my first pack today, not sure why i did it, i kind of hate cigarettes and their stench :I
Well then, stop smoking them. I don't think its too late.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #34181 on: August 02, 2011, 06:13:19 pm »

Well then, stop smoking them. I don't think its too late.
Throw the pack away and make a good decision. You'll thank us in the future.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #34182 on: August 02, 2011, 06:18:08 pm »

This post, WHY?!

I have never even tried it, only watched people be miserable and poor because of it, I don't fathom this decision.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34183 on: August 02, 2011, 06:21:17 pm »

I smoke for relaxation. Always have. I know I can actually quit, since I have before. But I actually like to smoke.

How weird I know, someone that actually likes to do it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34184 on: August 02, 2011, 06:28:39 pm »

I smoke for relaxation. Always have. I know I can actually quit, since I have before. But I actually like to smoke.

How weird I know, someone that actually likes to do it.
Wait, didn't you technically not quit successfully because you started smoking again? :/
Pages: 1 ... 2277 2278 [2279] 2280 2281 ... 8167