Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2274 2275 [2276] 2277 2278 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452936 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34125 on: August 01, 2011, 11:03:48 pm »

I've tried to make it clear to my family that instead of putting themselves in debt to give me a funeral, they should sell my body to Science! instead and make a profit. Unfortunately, no matter what they say about it, I'm almost certain they'll let their sentimentality win out should I die.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34126 on: August 01, 2011, 11:07:00 pm »

I just want to be used as compost (or have all my organs sold on the black market,) and for them to spend the money on fun stuff instead of a funeral. Go karting, bowling, video games, a vacation, stippers and booze...ah, the list is endless.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34127 on: August 01, 2011, 11:07:39 pm »

Cremation here. Cheaper, no wasted space, and it's more in keeping with my religious beliefs.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34128 on: August 01, 2011, 11:21:13 pm »

Live fast and die never, I'll be young forever.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #34129 on: August 01, 2011, 11:23:27 pm »

When I die I want to be put on a boat with all of my valuables and be sent off to sea, and then have the boat lit on fire. I don't believe in Valhalla, but wouldn't that be an awesome funeral?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34130 on: August 01, 2011, 11:25:17 pm »

Not if your family is valuable to you  :-\. I'd think also that maybe you would want a weapon. Imagine showing up to Ragnarok without one. "Oh hey, Thor, you got a spare hammer man?" would not go over well.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34131 on: August 01, 2011, 11:36:35 pm »

My family already has my burial plot, no need for me to worry very much about it. My end of the bargain is to make sure that I leave a life worth mourning behind.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34132 on: August 01, 2011, 11:38:03 pm »

I'm going to live forever or die trying. If I die trying, I've already signed up to have my organs donated. Hell, most of my body can go to science. But not my right eye. My right eye shall be encased in an airtight and transparent sphere, so that I can creep the hell out of people after I die. (Metaphorically. I'll personally be dead, but you get the idea.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34133 on: August 01, 2011, 11:40:46 pm »

Getting antsy, want to date someone.  Be appreciated.  Have someone to appreciate without having it turn out like last time.

Forgot what this feels like.

EDIT: AUUUGH fuck I forgot I'm meeting a person tomorrow.  I mean, not forgot-forgot, just didn't register that it's happening.  People.  Tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:44:59 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34134 on: August 01, 2011, 11:44:03 pm »

I'm going to live forever or die trying. If I die trying, I've already signed up to have my organs donated. Hell, most of my body can go to science. But not my right eye. My right eye shall be encased in an airtight and transparent sphere, so that I can creep the hell out of people after I die. (Metaphorically. I'll personally be dead, but you get the idea.)

Dude, why do you still even have your right eye? You do those scholastic events, right? Pluck out your eye and gain knowledge and wisdom.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34135 on: August 01, 2011, 11:50:38 pm »

I am so sick to my stomach today. It's very rare that I see anything that makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and puke my guts out at the same time, but...

My Mom has this wound on her back, as she's still recovering from her back surgery, but the healing keeps getting interrupted by these infections, most likely from her horridly unclean home and lifestyle, and the wound just keeps getting worse and worse as it gets infected, and the doctors dig in further and further to cut out dead and infected flesh and tissue.

I got to see the wound on her back, and I just haven't been right for all of today. It was clean, there was no blood coming out, but you could see cleanly in, and see the bones that make up her spine, and the huge amount of red flesh and tissue leading the way in... And she wasn't in pain either, she was just like "Hey Josh, want to see this?" and I did, thinking it wouldn't effect me much, but I looked at it for 3 seconds and I head to turn away and hide in my room... I can't get the image out of my goddamn head.

I just feel sick to my stomach. It doesn't help that I've been thinking about my own mortality lately, and that just pushed me over the edge, and I just feel like shit today. Fuck, that was disturbing. Nothings ever done that to me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34136 on: August 01, 2011, 11:53:57 pm »

Have the eye be mounted on the wall of your room, and connected to an electric diode that makes it track any movement it detects. Tiny holes in the walls hooked up to canisters of fake blood, also triggered by the motion sensor, are optional.

That said, I will also be trying to live forever if I reach old age. I can just see my 95 year old self now, having my failing body parts gradually removed and replaced with mechanical substitutes. I shall have the old parts soaked in formaldehyde and hang them in jars from my ceiling, just to mindfuck people.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34137 on: August 01, 2011, 11:58:58 pm »

When I die I want to be put on a boat with all of my valuables and be sent off to sea, and then have the boat lit on fire. I don't believe in Valhalla, but wouldn't that be an awesome funeral?

I wanted that at first, but that's not legal here. Ah, well. Family would have been able to keep/sell the valuables, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34138 on: August 02, 2011, 12:09:52 am »

I have a feeling this sadness as I see a certain friend turn in for the night is gonna be... A lasting thing...

Ugh I've beaten this once before and Ill do it again. Just you wait me.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34139 on: August 02, 2011, 12:11:25 am »

I am so sick to my stomach today. It's very rare that I see anything that makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and puke my guts out at the same time, but...
My Mom has this wound on her back, as she's still recovering from her back surgery, but the healing keeps getting interrupted by these infections, most likely from her horridly unclean home and lifestyle, and the wound just keeps getting worse and worse as it gets infected, and the doctors dig in further and further to cut out dead and infected flesh and tissue.
I got to see the wound on her back, and I just haven't been right for all of today. It was clean, there was no blood coming out, but you could see cleanly in, and see the bones that make up her spine, and the huge amount of red flesh and tissue leading the way in... And she wasn't in pain either, she was just like "Hey Josh, want to see this?" and I did, thinking it wouldn't effect me much, but I looked at it for 3 seconds and I head to turn away and hide in my room... I can't get the image out of my goddamn head.
I just feel sick to my stomach. It doesn't help that I've been thinking about my own mortality lately, and that just pushed me over the edge, and I just feel like shit today. Fuck, that was disturbing. Nothings ever done that to me.
I've had a few images ingrained into my brain that were plenty disturbing.  I'm not sure what a solution would be besides time though.  :\
Pages: 1 ... 2274 2275 [2276] 2277 2278 ... 8167