Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2258 2259 [2260] 2261 2262 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446340 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33885 on: July 30, 2011, 10:59:09 pm »

It always seems like I know the one person who falls outside the bell curve, even though I never do.  Not that I take chances, intentionally at least.  I try not to think about stuff like that, since I'm paranoid and worrying enough as it is.

In other Sad, I think I had a large part in ending a online tabletop game before it started, because I started the five of us to drawing penises and swastikas on the gameboard, because that's what you do with online drawing programs.  Then the GM left and won't answer me.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33886 on: July 30, 2011, 10:59:20 pm »

Chastity all the way. Pregnancy, STD's and such are way too much of a risk as far as I'm concerned.

To each their own, man, and I'm certainly not going to knock you for it.

Also, Janet, I think you should talk to my wife. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33887 on: July 30, 2011, 11:01:11 pm »

Chastity all the way. Pregnancy, STD's and such are way too much of a risk as far as I'm concerned.

To each their own, man, and I'm certainly not going to knock you for it.

Also, Janet, I think you should talk to my wife. :P

Nope, my way is best. Now, please show us to your dresser so we can start sowing our harlot-symbol into your clothing.  :P.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #33888 on: July 30, 2011, 11:06:26 pm »

In other Sad, I think I had a large part in ending a online tabletop game before it started, because I started the five of us to drawing penises and swastikas on the gameboard, because that's what you do with online drawing programs.  Then the GM left and won't answer me.
As an online GM myself, I will attempt to console you by telling you that if a GM can't handle their players drawing penises and swastikas when not otherwise involved, they can't handle running a game that doesn't follow strict railroads anyway.

I am afraid of snapping turtles, ever since the time one nearly detached my pinky.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33889 on: July 30, 2011, 11:07:42 pm »

I was in a horrible wreck when I was about two years old.  For years (i.e. until I was about 19 or so) I'd occasionally have dreams about driving a car when it went out of control.  Inevitably, I killed person after person in so doing.

So... yeah.  I'm afraid of cars.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33890 on: July 30, 2011, 11:10:04 pm »

I think I misread that post, hehe.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:14:14 pm by ToonyMan »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33891 on: July 30, 2011, 11:10:34 pm »

I was in a horrible wreck when I was about two years old.  For years (i.e. until I was about 19 or so) I'd occasionally have dreams about driving a car when it went out of control.  Inevitably, I killed person after person in so doing.

So... yeah.  I'm afraid of cars.

*e-hugs* I know how you feel, oddly enough. I was terrified of cars as a kid. My father was a race car driver up until I was about 15. Thankfully, he no longer goes careening around in circles and occasionally smashing into walls and setting his car on fire and whatnot.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #33892 on: July 30, 2011, 11:15:13 pm »

Every serious relationship I have had has been poly, open or occasionally open with complications. I've never been looking for that, but that is just the way it worked out. All of those, it was the girl/girls who approached me. The few "normal" girls I have dated either never really got interested in me, or just freaked out and ran away when I told them about about my past. Maybe I am just not good at finding people, and now that I don't get out much anymore the odds of someone finding me are pretty near 0. So yea, sad thread time.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33893 on: July 30, 2011, 11:19:04 pm »

Never been in an 'open' or complicated relationship...

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33894 on: July 30, 2011, 11:24:46 pm »

Never been in an 'open' or complicated relationship...

I can't say its better, its just different, I would actually appreciate the simplicity of monogamy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33895 on: July 30, 2011, 11:26:10 pm »

Every serious relationship I have had has been poly, open or occasionally open with complications. I've never been looking for that, but that is just the way it worked out. All of those, it was the girl/girls who approached me. The few "normal" girls I have dated either never really got interested in me, or just freaked out and ran away when I told them about about my past. Maybe I am just not good at finding people, and now that I don't get out much anymore the odds of someone finding me are pretty near 0. So yea, sad thread time.

Have you tried a "Yeah, I used to be like that in the past, but this is what I'm really looking for," approach? When I met my wife, it was a huge joke among my friends that I...had made a lot of connections. It didn't faze her, and next month, we'll have been together six years. Relationships are weird like that, but just be up front and honest with the big picture, and things will work out.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33896 on: July 30, 2011, 11:28:38 pm »

I guess I was cheated on that one time. That wasn't fun.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33897 on: July 30, 2011, 11:31:27 pm »

I guess I was cheated on that one time. That wasn't fun.

Yeah, that sucks, but it doesn't happen every time, and you can't be suspicious of everyone or you'll just drive them all away. Cautiously optimistic is probably the best way to go into any relationship.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33898 on: July 30, 2011, 11:32:08 pm »

Have you tried a "Yeah, I used to be like that in the past, but this is what I'm really looking for," approach? When I met my wife, it was a huge joke among my friends that I...had made a lot of connections. It didn't faze her, and next month, we'll have been together six years. Relationships are weird like that, but just be up front and honest with the big picture, and things will work out.

Yea, I have been like that. And it hasn't worked out. It has either resulted in someone just running away, or someone who feels they can get away with using me, cheating and blaming me for everything she did.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33899 on: July 30, 2011, 11:34:50 pm »

Yeah, that sucks, but it doesn't happen every time, and you can't be suspicious of everyone or you'll just drive them all away. Cautiously optimistic is probably the best way to go into any relationship.
It wasn't heart breaking enough to kill the relationship. Basically this guy was moving out of town, and had had a thing for my girlfriend since anybody could remember, so he confessed it to her and she slept with him out of sympathy of something. I was deeply annoyed for a few days, then forgave her... Still, not something I enjoyed finding out about.
But that was a few relationships back.
Pages: 1 ... 2258 2259 [2260] 2261 2262 ... 8167