Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2235 2236 [2237] 2238 2239 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443196 times)

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33540 on: July 26, 2011, 11:11:02 am »

I woke up today with a strong urge to try to contruct a device. I then realized I don't even have the tools I would need to make it :'(. I'm going to go throw myself into the moat now...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:16:25 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33541 on: July 26, 2011, 11:21:42 am »

I woke up today with a strong urge to try to contruct a device. I then realized I don't even have the tools I would need to make it :'(. I'm going to go throw myself into the moat now...

ERROR: TOOLS MISSING
SOLUTION: IMPROVISE
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #33542 on: July 26, 2011, 11:24:55 am »

My first thought was to lock your door. >___>

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33543 on: July 26, 2011, 12:03:57 pm »

I'm cutting out simple refined sugar because it makes me crazy and incapable of rational thought.  I have extremely delicate brain chemistry, and much like anything higher than a minimal dose of caffeine, I really can't handle any more than a minimal amount of sweetener and keep control.  Fruit should still be okay, but I have to stay away from the stuff that's really just sugar now.

I'm aware that Facebook sells my information, but unless it's selling information about who I'm friends with to Google, I'm not going to worry about it.  The information about me on Facebook is not nearly significant enough to worry about in any other context.

It's just... yeah, it's sad to see everyone going "Ooh, invite me to Google+!"  It's the new "hot trend" I'm watching unfold, and I can already sort of see that the result will be more social isolation.  First Facebook, then Twitter, then Formspring, then Tumblr, now this.  I just kind of wonder how many social networking sites one needs to belong to... and this is the point where I'm really putting my foot down and saying no.  I've got better stuff to do.

Kinda sucks, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33544 on: July 26, 2011, 12:10:43 pm »

You don't need to "be on" any social networking site.  Just do what you want.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33545 on: July 26, 2011, 12:11:41 pm »

I am.

Wish I could keep in touch with my high school friends without it, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33546 on: July 26, 2011, 12:20:42 pm »

I am.
It's the new "hot trend" I'm watching unfold, and I can already sort of see that the result will be more social isolation.  First Facebook, then Twitter, then Formspring, then Tumblr, now this.  I just kind of wonder how many social networking sites one needs to belong to... and this is the point where I'm really putting my foot down and saying no.  I've got better stuff to do.
Kinda sucks, though.
Saying no won't help when you're trying to do what you want.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33547 on: July 26, 2011, 12:42:33 pm »

ERROR: TOOLS MISSING
SOLUTION: IMPROVISE

I guess you are right. I should try to make it anyways, it will probably take me awhile to get the parts right that I have the tools for anyways lol.

In other news, I've actually been thinking of closing my facebook account. I never actually wanted to make it, but I felt pressured into it. Facebook is a liability anyways.
My personality profile.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33548 on: July 26, 2011, 01:14:18 pm »

So, breadblocks and noah both got week mutes.

WHAAAAAAT THE FUUUUUCK
noah as well? wonder what that was for. why bread was should be a couple pages back in either here, or the wtf thread~
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33549 on: July 26, 2011, 01:35:06 pm »

noah as well? wonder what that was for.
Extremely tasteless and now purged comment about the Oslo bombing in Dwarf Fortress terms.

Anyway, for sad, I fell asleep and wasted most of my morning. Not only that, but I woke up rather exhausted, as my laptop was sitting right on top of my lungs the whole time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33550 on: July 26, 2011, 01:35:57 pm »

Blaaaaargh blackout ate a post of mine and I just don't feel like redoing all of it -_-

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33551 on: July 26, 2011, 02:04:02 pm »

noah as well? wonder what that was for.
Extremely tasteless and now purged comment about the Oslo bombing in Dwarf Fortress terms.

Srsly?  ::) Some people....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33552 on: July 26, 2011, 04:46:32 pm »

I just don't have energy today for any more bullshit.  Oh, and guilt.  That too.

Back to German, I guess.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33553 on: July 26, 2011, 05:06:06 pm »

I have so much stuff to do. But all I want to do is lay down and sleep. Why so exhausted.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33554 on: July 26, 2011, 05:18:08 pm »

I failed.

Pages: 1 ... 2235 2236 [2237] 2238 2239 ... 8167