Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2233 2234 [2235] 2236 2237 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443967 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33510 on: July 25, 2011, 02:18:39 pm »

Urgh.. Feeling absolutely crappy about pretty much everything right now
*Hugs*

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33511 on: July 25, 2011, 03:20:56 pm »

I am freaking out. I have not been able to focus.  I have not been able to think.

My mother is disabled and on social security disability payments, this disqualifies her from most medicare/medicaid benefits. She is already choosing to let her medical conditions go untreated because it would take her entire income to take care of it. My little sisters unemployment isn't being paid regularly and she can not afford to go to a doctor and have her medical conditions treated either. They are desperate, drowning in debt, just from trying to survive the shitty hand my family has been dealt and can not even afford to pay rent, electric, food, phone and car every month. Without a car and phone, my sister will not be able to job hunt and will not get the unemployment even if the state got off its ass and sent it out regularly. I don't need to tell you this is incredibly complex and I know nothing about your state.

The only thing I can do is rent/buy a large enough house to let them move in with me, that only lets them live not recover. I don't live in a state with social medicine, and they cant afford to move to one because of their dire straits. Even this option is completely contingent on my job as a federal contractor continuing and the debt limit issue and military cuts put that in incredible jeopardy.

My grandmother is dieing and my grandfather going through a mental breakdown over that plus he can not take care of her or himself any more.

I have no hope, i have no options. There is nothing I can do but wait, and even then I am only waiting to put a greater burden on myself and potentially sacrifice everything I have worked for and be dragged back down to the slow death of grinding poverty. I have so little in my life that is positive, and it is completely overwhelmed by all this chaos and negativity.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE, MERELY A REFERRAL.

You need to shop around for a lawyer who gives the first consultation for free my workplace has committed people to nursing homes etc via medicaid etc. The downside is that the state will often do "medicaid recovery" and take any assets the person has in what is called "spend down." Of course, if you have no assets, then no problem.... It is also complex because it varies by state as the federal government just provides the money and the states unfortunately have a crapload of control in how to spend it.

It is a shitty situation, no doubt and you have my sympathies for whatever those are worth. If its time for a nursing home for grandma and grandpa that might be doable if overly complex. The sister is a harder issue, unfortunately. :( I hope this helps. Of course it is infinitely harder if grandma and grandpa don't want this to happen and are of sound mind.... God I hate this part of my job.... The last person we did this to was a paranoid schizophrenic and literally bit me....

http://lawyers.justia.com/lawyers/elder-law/mississippi/hattiesburg
http://caremississippi.org/list18_mississippi_elder_law_attorneys_lawyers_medicaid_advice.htm

« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:15:16 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33512 on: July 25, 2011, 04:04:39 pm »

I greatly wish there was something I could do for you, Nadaka, but I can't even think of any advice to give. At the very least, you have my sympathies, as useless as they might be. I hope something comes along, or that you find a way to solve it.
Love, scriver~

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33513 on: July 25, 2011, 04:10:16 pm »

Depressing movie night, part 1:
No End (Bez Konca), a drama about Poland under martial law.

A great movie it was, felt like crying a couple of times.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #33514 on: July 25, 2011, 04:43:32 pm »

My grandmother almost completely lost the ability to create memory about 7 years ago. She can maintain a continuous bout of consciousness for a couple minutes at most. At first this meant that a typical conversation with her was answering the same couple questions a dozen times in a row. Now she has deteriorated to the point that she does not open her eyes, much less get up even for visitors and randomly stops breathing in her sleep. Last year she was suffering from indigestion and pain from over prescribed medication and begging that we just let her die. With less medication her physical health is nearly gone, but at least she is at peace. I don't think putting her in a home will do her any good.

Aside from being torn up by grief and feeling emasculated my grandfather is mentally fine, his hearing and arthritic hands are almost useless. He is an old southerner born nearly a hundred years ago. He is the kind of guy that is incapable of showing weakness, and right now he can barely stop crying. They do have people come in twice a week for housekeeping, bathing and medical treatment thanks to him retiring from an insurance company, plus their church brings them food on Sunday. The other days my grandfather makes sandwiches or leftovers because he doesn't have the strength or dexterity to cook or clean much of anything. While putting my grandmother in a home would ease his burden, he definitely could not stand to let her go. I don't know what he will do when she dies or is committed, probably suicide.

I don't have an answer for any of these problems. But my grandparents only present an emotional burden at the moment, however extreme it may be. I won't be asked to save them, my Aunt and Uncle are the ones that would handle that. I will be asked to save my sister and mother. I don't know if I can even if I tried. I spent most of the weekend with them, and we had almost nothing to talk about that wasn't horrible and depressing.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33515 on: July 25, 2011, 05:26:11 pm »

Due to god knows what, my internet connection for the past few days cn be described as "spotty" (at the best) or "more holes than a styrofoam block hit by a chain gun" (at worst).

It took 7 refreshes to load this page to a useable state
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33516 on: July 25, 2011, 05:36:33 pm »

I'm sad that this is starting to run out of days to be funded while only being a fourth there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33517 on: July 25, 2011, 06:33:26 pm »

Gwar.

Life is meh at the moment.

Gwar.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33518 on: July 25, 2011, 08:53:03 pm »

I went out for a walk today in the sunlight... I'm burnt red :'(. I hate the sun so much. Always burning my pale skin and blinding my sensitive eyes.

-EDIT-

Oh yeah, almost forgot to complain about something. Now I have to deal with this stinky, greasy cream my family talked me into putting on. Ugh, I wish I drank. I would get shit faced right this moment, it would take care of my headache too.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:18:38 pm by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33519 on: July 25, 2011, 09:49:02 pm »

It is 5:30. I awoke half an hour ago because of probably the hugest nosebleed I have ever had. This is possibly a sign that no human could hold this much hate and stress. Which reminds me that these are emotionally difficult times for me. Fucking emotions...

There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33520 on: July 25, 2011, 10:07:55 pm »

It is 5:30. I awoke half an hour ago because of probably the hugest nosebleed I have ever had. This is possibly a sign that no human could hold this much hate and stress. Which reminds me that these are emotionally difficult times for me. Fucking emotions...
Nose bleeds?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33521 on: July 25, 2011, 10:21:08 pm »

[23:17:29] 了凉気: http://i.imgur.com/lzf8q.jpg
[23:18:34] Jonah "Iceball3" Ceballos: XD
[23:18:39] Jonah "Iceball3" Ceballos: Who is the birth giver?
[23:18:58] 了凉気: I... wait... wtf?~ D:
[23:19:07] 了凉気: Carmen Sandiego?~
[23:19:14] Jonah "Iceball3" Ceballos: Who?~ X3
[23:19:25] 了凉気: Good gods I feel old~

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33522 on: July 25, 2011, 10:38:49 pm »

Nose bleeds?
Yeah, they exist outside of fiction. :|
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33523 on: July 25, 2011, 11:43:22 pm »

It would appear that I've run out of episodes to watch. Accursed series binges.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33524 on: July 26, 2011, 12:43:36 am »

Google+

I refuse to move to it, and more and more of my friends are going there from Facebook.  No company should be allowed to have that much information from me.  But I've enjoyed being able to keep in touch with my friends.

Also, I have to cut pretty much all processed sugar from my diet.  It's really not doing good things for me.  But I'll miss my candy, honey, and jam =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2233 2234 [2235] 2236 2237 ... 8167