Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2192 2193 [2194] 2195 2196 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453393 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32895 on: July 14, 2011, 07:05:36 pm »

I think you should enjoy the time you spend with your brother since you're putting so much effort into seeing him.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32896 on: July 14, 2011, 07:16:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm sorry to hear about your brother, Haschel, and about the situation you are in. I tried to formulate something bigger, but I'm not that good at saying stuff, so I couldn't make it come out very well. In the end, I guess, I just wanted to make sure you knew that somebody had read it and sympathises with you.

preedit: I see Toony posted before me. I guess I'll just post it anyway.
Love, scriver~

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32897 on: July 14, 2011, 08:14:56 pm »

Thanks guys and/or girls, I appreciate the sympathy. I'm actually feeling better now, just one of those moments when stuff catches up to you, you know? I'm pretty sure things will work out even if I have to suffer through some crappy moments. The future isn't entirely bleak, anyway.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32898 on: July 14, 2011, 08:17:02 pm »

I offer whatever aid I can, although that is pretty much limited to internet hugs. So I hope you like those.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32899 on: July 14, 2011, 08:36:54 pm »

Sudden jolt again when I realized that I don't look like a guy.  Oh, lordy... gonna be one of those days.

...why would you look like a guy?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32900 on: July 14, 2011, 08:43:30 pm »

...why would you look like a guy?

Dunno, I just get shocked when I look in the mirror sometimes.  Don't expect to see a woman, haha.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32901 on: July 14, 2011, 09:20:07 pm »

Dunno, I just get shocked when I look in the mirror sometimes.  Don't expect to see a woman, haha.

No offense, but that's weird. Very very interesting, but weird. The psychologist in me wants to pick your brain, but the person in me realizes that'd probably be uncomfortable.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32902 on: July 14, 2011, 09:26:09 pm »

Nooooo since Youtube updated its player, the little Nyan cat in the loading bar of the original Nyan cat video is gone T.T

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32903 on: July 14, 2011, 09:27:37 pm »

No offense, but that's weird. Very very interesting, but weird. The psychologist in me wants to pick your brain, but the person in me realizes that'd probably be uncomfortable.

Hehe, I guess.  I'll answer your tacit question with "it'd be okay to ask around a little," but don't expect to find anything interesting =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32904 on: July 14, 2011, 09:29:00 pm »

Sometimes I also get shocked when I look into the mirror.
But that's for entirely different reasons.  :P

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32905 on: July 14, 2011, 09:57:41 pm »

George Clooney's image satellites discover piles of bodies and mass graves on the ground in Sudan.

Also, my new friend left SF and who knows if we'll meet in this life ever again. :) So it goes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32906 on: July 14, 2011, 10:03:31 pm »

Hehe, I guess.  I'll answer your tacit question with "it'd be okay to ask around a little," but don't expect to find anything interesting =)

I don't see anything but the same face I see on everyone when I look into mirrors. Apparently, that's weird, too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32907 on: July 14, 2011, 10:18:19 pm »

[insert John Malkovich joke here]
Love, scriver~

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32908 on: July 14, 2011, 10:33:30 pm »

After apparantly being uninfected for a few weeks, maybe even months, my toe is infected again... Urggh.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32909 on: July 14, 2011, 10:33:41 pm »

Asked for some clarification about some political stuff (some anti-Republican rally thingamajig), told "if you have to ask, this isn't the place for you". Bleehhh, I would've expected a better response from somebody trying to gather support.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2192 2193 [2194] 2195 2196 ... 8167