Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2162 2163 [2164] 2165 2166 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446481 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32445 on: July 05, 2011, 08:22:00 pm »

Finished up my 2nd full game of Crusader Kings: Deus Vult, and it's got some intriguing possibilities for future play. Russia is split mostly between a feudal principality (Cheremisa) and a massive bishopric/metropolitan, to the point where the AI might be able to get a Russian unification in EU3 as a Theocracy.

Or at least, it could if I could find a damn converter that works. Seeing as how I wanted to convert to EU3:DW, and there's no converter for that yet, I figured I could convert for an older version and then use a save editor to tweak it enough for DW usage. But I can't even get a conversion to an older one working. So finally I said "f**k it, I'll do it by hand" and spent about 30 hours over the past holiday weekend creating charts and spreadsheets and going over maps to do the province conversion (working from the cvmod.txt from the existing converters as a guide), only to discover what every other modder has already figured out -- it's damn near impossible. Germany is a complete clusterf*ck when it comes to map conversion, and while I could convert economy and manpower and then guesstimate a rough split of values across provinces.....it'll take me YEARS to get a decent conversion by hand.  :'(

CK2 will probably be out long before I finish this conversion (and yes, I'm still going to keep pushing forward with it)

If you need help and/or would be willing to give it to me once you're done, I would be grateful.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32446 on: July 05, 2011, 08:24:21 pm »

My avatar is gone.

;-;
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32447 on: July 05, 2011, 08:32:10 pm »

I can see it fine though!

In other news, the avatar I have been forced to use is horrifying.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32448 on: July 05, 2011, 08:34:10 pm »

Oh, never mind, I can see it again.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32449 on: July 05, 2011, 08:36:39 pm »

Apparently, the no vertical limit was a bug and when they were first implemented, community consensus on avatar size was 80x80.
Wasn't sure if it was just me, but a friend confirmed it over Skype.
Forums now use vertical scaledown on avatars, confining them to a small box.

It was always supposed to put them in an 80x80.  They just fixed a bug for this.  Back when we added avatars, 80x80 was the community consensus.  I'm not going to be able to alter this.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32450 on: July 05, 2011, 08:42:21 pm »

T_T

Man I'm going to miss them.

No chance of using a smf plugin or something?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32451 on: July 05, 2011, 08:45:23 pm »

No massively vertical avatars? NOOOO!

I'm going to miss my tall, Voldemort wannabe.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #32452 on: July 05, 2011, 11:19:11 pm »

By my knowledge, stem cell research hasn't even reached the point where it is really conventional for it's price, in the US at least. Not sure on the specifics exactly, but...
Graaaaah...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32453 on: July 06, 2011, 12:03:44 am »

Yeah I had to crop my avatar now since the vertical bug is gone.  ;_;

Anybody with vertical avatars now just shrinks them down and it's funny looking.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32454 on: July 06, 2011, 12:05:20 am »

I switched to the only thing I already had cropped to a square.
I was also considering looking into a user script to reverse the bugfix on the user's end.
Shouldn't be too hard, I've done shit like this before.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32455 on: July 06, 2011, 12:07:46 am »

I miss John being all tall and stuff :c
He doesn't look too awful shrunk though, I'll keep it for now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32456 on: July 06, 2011, 01:00:32 am »

I am a really amazingly spectacularly foul mood today.  I don't think I've ever felt quite this medley of guilt, disgust, shame, fear, sadness, and anger.

I want to go back in time, to when I was a child, and life was simple, and there were no secrets.  I want to go back to the time before I had nightmares every night, before I was afraid of being touched, and before I knew what it's like to be betrayed, over and over, by a friend.

I want to go back to the years when I could love without questioning every minute of it, asking: am I hurting this person?  Would they be better off with someone else?  Am I worthy?

Before tainting first kisses and knowing what it's like to be grabbed against your will.

Before feeling that there was a standard to which I would never live up, no matter how much I wanted to.

I want to be a little girl again, back in kindergarten when we all wore dresses and I didn't know there was anything strange about only having male friends.

Before I started being nerve-wrackingly afraid of pregnancy.

Before I knew quite what it's like to have someone trying to force their way into your room, in the middle of the night, and being the only one who can do anything because you weigh 90 pounds and you're the bigger of the two girls sleeping there.  I shouted and banged right back, and never told anyone.

I want to be seven again, back when I was sure I would grow up to be a knight, and I found the most pressing obstacle to this my inability to do cartwheels.

I want to remember what it was like before anyone told me I was stupid, evil, cold, worthless, or crazy.

I am so tired, and the only thing I want is to forget all of this and study.  But it won't go away.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32457 on: July 06, 2011, 01:03:36 am »

My God.

My sympathies, even though they must be empty and worthless, Vector.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32458 on: July 06, 2011, 01:14:32 am »

Sympathies are not empty and worthless. If we do not try to understand the feelings we each give to our lives then life would be a meaningless existential hellish void.

*tentatively pokes the tip of Vector's nose*

Smile button! :3?

*blinks and runs off in a cloud of dust*

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32459 on: July 06, 2011, 01:19:41 am »

I want to be seven again, back when I was sure I would grow up to be a knight, and I found the most pressing obstacle to this my inability to do cartwheels.
There's a Don Quixote joke in here but the rest of the post is too saddening for me to make light of it without earning stares and glares.
Pages: 1 ... 2162 2163 [2164] 2165 2166 ... 8167