Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2157 2158 [2159] 2160 2161 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442077 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32370 on: July 03, 2011, 11:55:57 pm »

I'm feeling blue for no discernible reason. It could have something to do with a number of things but I think it's more general than specific. It happens every once in a while and usually passes in a day or so. ho-hum.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32371 on: July 04, 2011, 01:58:25 am »

The Solifuge livestream was ruined by [SOMEONE] deciding to be bigoted and dogmatic, ironically enough, about accusing religion of being dogmatic, and religious people of being bigoted. First Scaraban left, then eventually I gave up. I popped back in for a second to get this quote:
Solifuge: I'm getting tired of arguing tolerance -against- someone who is convinced of his own open-mindedness... it's a lack of empathy and understanding that causes us to fail to reach an understanding.
:-\
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #32372 on: July 04, 2011, 02:01:17 am »

I don't know if I've just been ignorant of it before but there seems to be more bigoted language on the sites I frequent lately. Even the Moderation Log topic on here is testament to this.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32373 on: July 04, 2011, 02:08:30 am »

Are you still living in your family's area-about, Truean? If so, maybe you could do well by getting some distance between you and them - they don't seem like very gainful people to be around. Kinda screws with your plans and such I guess, unfortunately.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Unfortunately distance means nothing to them, they harass by phone, in person, whatever seems to piss me off most. Technology is wonderful.... Rather it is when I can caller ID them on my cell. Voicemail is summarily deleted, but it sucks getting 24 ranting messages a week on average from them lately. I really don't want a restraining order but damn it all.... At the very least I'm seriously considering blocking all of their cell phone numbers, but then I imagine they will just call my mom's phone and ask her to get me....

Also my dad was channel flipping, saw this, and thought it was great.... Fuck.
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/08/ac360-the-sissy-boy-experiment/

Good to know he hasn't enlightened one bit. Saves me the trouble of wondering. Naturally he blamed the unfortunate gay man subjected to the experimental treatment psychological torture outright mindscrew at 5 years old....

Where is this doctor and why hasn't his medical license been revoked at the very least?

They keep getting arrested and sued and expect my magic wand to fix it.... *headdesk*
You're a lawyer. Which, as with every other profession, means they think you can magic up a solution to any problem even tangentially related. That law applies to pretty much every profession which has any sort of in-home use.

A: I'm a programmer.
B: Fix my computer!
A: -.-

True, but my asshole cousin was arrested for rape and he not only probably did it but did so while leaving behind a trial of evidence even Barney Fife could follow.... Ain't no fixin' that.... They simply don't like the simple reality of what the Public Defender has told them.

You have an... odd family.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32374 on: July 04, 2011, 07:24:09 am »

Yup
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32375 on: July 04, 2011, 07:27:52 am »

The Solifuge livestream was ruined by [SOMEONE] deciding to be bigoted and dogmatic, ironically enough, about accusing religion of being dogmatic, and religious people of being bigoted. First Scaraban left, then eventually I gave up. I popped back in for a second to get this quote:
Solifuge: I'm getting tired of arguing tolerance -against- someone who is convinced of his own open-mindedness... it's a lack of empathy and understanding that causes us to fail to reach an understanding.
:-\
Wait, could you explain what exactly went on? I had to miss The Solifuge Livestream last night for Pre-Fourth of July celebrations. Nothing exciting ever happens while I'm around.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32376 on: July 04, 2011, 10:41:38 am »

I just marathoned 39 episodes of a show in a few days, and now I'm caught up and have to abruptly switch over to waiting for one episode a week.
And the show has two-episode-long story arcs.
And left off in the middle of one.
Baw.
 :'(

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32377 on: July 04, 2011, 10:50:41 am »

I just marathoned 39 episodes of a show in a few days, and now I'm caught up and have to abruptly switch over to waiting for one episode a week.
And the show has two-episode-long story arcs.
And left off in the middle of one.
Baw.
 :'(

That's why one should never watch more than 2-3 episodes per day :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32378 on: July 04, 2011, 11:46:22 am »

My vision is completely blurred today. Fantastic.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32379 on: July 04, 2011, 11:52:29 am »

Go see a doctor already.

Why? Why do you insist upon prolonging your unhealth?!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32380 on: July 04, 2011, 11:54:21 am »

Go see a doctor already.

Why? Why do you insist upon prolonging your unhealth?!
Because it's metal.
 Seriously though, what the hell?
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32381 on: July 04, 2011, 11:56:32 am »

I'll see a doctor in a few hours.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32382 on: July 04, 2011, 12:18:03 pm »

I'll see a doctor in a few hours.
"Few" better be defined as "~3" here, instead of "approximately 4,682."
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32383 on: July 04, 2011, 12:29:57 pm »

The only time a certain mathematical "friend" of mine has ever posted on anything of mine on Facebook was yesterday, in order to audit my gender.

I said something about feeling like an old man; he wrote "*woman."

What a jackass.  That one wasn't even very iffy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #32384 on: July 04, 2011, 01:00:17 pm »

Felling tired and depressed. My friend just left, and even though I had a good time, I feel worse than before he got here. It's also loud noises day today (July 4th) so I also have that to look forward to. Sometimes I wish some holidays never existed.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 2157 2158 [2159] 2160 2161 ... 8167