Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456481 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3225 on: March 05, 2010, 07:51:32 am »

Demonophobia is a game that has... issues...

http://www.youtube.com/user/DDRMANIAC007#p/a/64B0D494B181C465/0/5eT3v-lh86c

Is probably the best Demonophobia lets-play.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: March 05, 2010, 08:08:11 am »

...yeah, I think I will stick to Diablo 2
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: March 05, 2010, 12:49:39 pm »

I hit someones car and their not even mad about it. :(

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: March 05, 2010, 01:21:09 pm »

My cat is asleep on my lap.

If I disturb her, I'm going to be stabbed in, at best, the leg.
My tea is almost ready.

Help.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: March 05, 2010, 02:15:43 pm »

Throw a toy.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: March 05, 2010, 02:28:43 pm »

Woke up late today (9) and had to wait around for lunch (now) to start my day so that I lost time (2.5 hours) putzing around on the forum rather than studying math  >:(  Why must bodies need to sleep and eat?!  It's such a waste.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: March 05, 2010, 02:34:05 pm »

Speaking as a person that needs at least 13 hours of sleep a day I feel your pain.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: March 05, 2010, 02:41:58 pm »

Meh.

I just found out that Diablo II doesn't work on Vista...
So... yeah...
There's a week of depression right there. I mean, that tiny fact, just, ruins my life. Forever.
Runs fine on my Vista. You just need to have it patched, I think.

Other than that, right click > properties > compatability > Windows XP.
Then,
Right click > run as administrator.

After I got it patched, it worked fine without the above steps. I also have myself as an administrator, and I tend to run into almost no problems on Vista.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: March 05, 2010, 02:46:42 pm »

Woke up late today (9) and had to wait around for lunch (now) to start my day so that I lost time (2.5 hours) putzing around on the forum rather than studying math  >:(  Why must bodies need to sleep and eat?!  It's such a waste.
Seconded!
DF players are engineering minds, I say we fix this!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: March 05, 2010, 03:30:28 pm »

Maintenence of your physical body and mental well-being too much for you? Without maintanence, any machine falls appart, without defragmenting, any computer becomes exceedingly slow.

It is definately necessary, yet inconvenient. For you at least.

(It may be though, that you can train yourself to stay up longer, or something. I do not know, and do not reccomend this, at best you become irratable, at worst, you become mentally scarred for life and might even die.)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: March 05, 2010, 03:46:06 pm »

20 minute nap every four hours.  For the first week or so your life will be hell, but then your body will adjust and that's all you will need.  20 minute nap.  Every four hours.

As for eating, you could try a nutrient IV.
Shoes...

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: March 05, 2010, 04:12:07 pm »

I opened the conservapedia thread. Granted, there are liberals who are just as crazy, but wow... that much stupidity hurts. It's been closed for 20 minutes now and I can still feel brain cells curled into a fetal position and whimpering.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: March 05, 2010, 05:42:36 pm »

Speaking as a person that needs at least 13 hours of sleep a day I feel your pain.

Good god, how can you live like that?  I wake up naturally most mornings after 5.  This morning was an exception.

Maintenence of your physical body and mental well-being too much for you? Without maintanence, any machine falls appart, without defragmenting, any computer becomes exceedingly slow.

It is definately necessary, yet inconvenient. For you at least.

(It may be though, that you can train yourself to stay up longer, or something. I do not know, and do not reccomend this, at best you become irratable, at worst, you become mentally scarred for life and might even die.)

Yes, I know... I lived through all of last semester in a haze of hunger and exhaustion.  I'm not doing that again.  I do, however, wish that I didn't have to eat or sleep.  It'd make life much easier.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: March 05, 2010, 06:02:27 pm »

I do, however, wish that I didn't have to eat or sleep.  It'd make life much easier.

If we could only find the raws to add in [NO_EAT] and [NO_SLEEP]...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: March 05, 2010, 08:28:52 pm »

If I go to bed before midnight I'll wake up at 1 AM fully refreshed.  I'll then be unable to sleep until 7 or 8 (You know, when it's too late to just go back to bed) at which point I'll become so tired I can't function.

Also, I finally got around to playing Majesty 2.  It's... disappointing.  It's a lot like the old one, and I know they recycled some sound effects, but at the same time it doesn't have the same feel.

Majesty did have a bit of a quirky sense of humor, but this one's tongue is firmly planted in cheek.  The big fluff blurbs for every monster, upgrade, and character are gone, replaced with stuff that's certainly silly, but not as interesting.  Rangers are silly now, rogues are female, clerics are available as a base guild and the lack of gnomes disturbs me.  Also, the old game had kind of a dark color scheme, this one is bright and cheery.

It's still fun, but the changes make me sad.

ALSO YOU CAN'T DOUBLE CLICK TO SET A REWARD FLAG ANYMORE WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!

Also also, weird/broken/placeholder tooltips abound.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:09:32 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 8167