Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2138 2139 [2140] 2141 2142 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431668 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32085 on: June 28, 2011, 03:45:59 pm »

We could start the next one together.
Although if this isn't anytime soon, I might be a bit tricky.
Probably still manageable though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32086 on: June 28, 2011, 03:46:24 pm »

I'll post or something around when the next beginner's game starts.  We had one start recently, so it'll be a little while =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32087 on: June 28, 2011, 03:58:02 pm »

Hmmm Mafia, I might be interested to give that game a go myself.

Anyway was reading that a certain Ms Bachmann suffers from Palin Syndrome with regards to history:
(I'm posting this here to annoy/amuse Red King)

"Earlier this year you said that the Founding Fathers who wrote the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence worked tirelessly to end slavery. Now with respect Congresswoman, that’s just not true. Many of them including Jefferson and Washington were actually slaveholders and slavery didn’t end until the Civil War," Stephanopoulos said.

But after reminding the host and the television audience that "we no longer have slavery" and  "that’s a good thing," Bachmann explained that John Quincy Adams, as a young boy, "tirelessly worked throughout his life to make sure that we did in fact one day eradicate slavery...."

Stephanopoulos cut the lawmaker off to correct her and give her a chance to back away from her misstatement.

"He wasn’t one of the Founding Fathers," Stephanopoulos said. "He was a president, he was a secretary of State, he was a member of Congress, you’re right he did work to end slavery decades later. But so you are standing by this comment that the Founding Fathers worked tirelessly to end slavery?"

And just like Palin's interesting take on Paul Revere, Bachmann stubbornly stuck to her guns.

"Well, John Quincy Adams most certainly was a part of the Revolutionary War era. He was a young boy but he was actively involved," Bachmann said.

Now, I'm a Computer Science Major and Punk Rock/Anime/RPG/Video Game nut who lives in Australia. How on Earth do I know more about US history than a US Presidential Candidate?

Tuesday the congresswoman also made an appearance on CNN's “American Morning,” where on one hand  she acknowledged that she is human and capable of misspeaking, but on the other hand she refused to say she goofed Monday when she said that beloved actor John Wayne, and not the infamous serial killer John Wayne Gacy, was from her hometown of Waterloo, Iowa.

Oh yeah that's funny! She apparently doesn't even know the history of her own hometown. Is she a crack-head or something?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:01:27 pm by Reelyanoob »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32088 on: June 28, 2011, 04:00:27 pm »

Hmmm Mafia, I might be interested to give that game a go myself.

Anyway was reading that a certain Ms Bachmann suffers from Palin Syndrome with regards to history:

"Earlier this year you said that the Founding Fathers who wrote the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence worked tirelessly to end slavery. Now with respect Congresswoman, that’s just not true. Many of them including Jefferson and Washington were actually slaveholders and slavery didn’t end until the Civil War," Stephanopoulos said.

But after reminding the host and the television audience that "we no longer have slavery" and  "that’s a good thing," Bachmann explained that John Quincy Adams, as a young boy, "tirelessly worked throughout his life to make sure that we did in fact one day eradicate slavery...."

Stephanopoulos cut the lawmaker off to correct her and give her a chance to back away from her misstatement.

"He wasn’t one of the Founding Fathers," Stephanopoulos said. "He was a president, he was a secretary of State, he was a member of Congress, you’re right he did work to end slavery decades later. But so you are standing by this comment that the Founding Fathers worked tirelessly to end slavery?"

And just like Palin's interesting take on Paul Revere, Bachmann stubbornly stuck to her guns.

"Well, John Quincy Adams most certainly was a part of the Revolutionary War era. He was a young boy but he was actively involved," Bachmann said.

Now, I'm a Computer Science Major and Punk Rock/Anime/RPG/Video Game nut who lives in Australia. How on Earth do I know more about US history than a US Presidential Candidate?

Tuesday the congresswoman also made an appearance on CNN's “American Morning,” where on one hand  she acknowledged that she is human and capable of misspeaking, but on the other hand she refused to say she goofed Monday when she said that beloved actor John Wayne, and not the infamous serial killer John Wayne Gacy, was from her hometown of Waterloo, Iowa.

Oh yeah that's funny! She apparently doesn't even know the history of her own hometown. Is she a crack-head or something?

LOL. You ninja'd my post on the election thread.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32089 on: June 28, 2011, 04:17:54 pm »

Okay, done PMing for now.  If I missed you or you replied to something, never fear--I still have about 7 or so I'll reply to this evening.

Thanks for being bros, and I'm going to work hard to take care of myself and, you know, not have this happen again ._.  Damned embarrassing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32090 on: June 28, 2011, 06:45:58 pm »

Want to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic right now and find out why the internet loves it.
Don't want to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic at the moment. Want to play Terraria.

Can't decide. Hate indecision.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32091 on: June 28, 2011, 09:16:43 pm »

The SC2 (Starcraft II) Terran AI on Insane Level has between 800 -3600 APM (Actions Per minute). Divide that by 60 and you get about 13 - 60 APS (Second)  I can't copy its build order, I can't belt out the stuff it can and you only get further behind as time goes on. Just wow....

I'm not even gonna focus on that, cause it just....  I seem to compare myself to it and guess who's coming up short?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:20:20 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32092 on: June 28, 2011, 09:23:31 pm »

Scaraban: I. KNOW. NOTHING!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32093 on: June 28, 2011, 09:38:03 pm »

No-one wants to suggest an action in GreY....  :(
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #32094 on: June 28, 2011, 10:37:51 pm »

Grah, there's suddenly no one to chat with tonight... D:
So quiet... Lonely feeling.
Hrm...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32095 on: June 28, 2011, 10:38:20 pm »

Maybe you should get some sleep.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #32096 on: June 28, 2011, 10:39:33 pm »

But I don't want toooooo....

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32097 on: June 28, 2011, 10:39:41 pm »

My relative, the only relative that mattered, since most of them are haughty, is diagnosed of having Lupus.

F**k.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #32098 on: June 28, 2011, 11:01:16 pm »

My birthday. Yes, this is the right thread.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32099 on: June 28, 2011, 11:13:10 pm »

But I don't want toooooo....
If I was at home, I'd have a fitting picture for that.
Darn.
Pages: 1 ... 2138 2139 [2140] 2141 2142 ... 8167