Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2051 2052 [2053] 2054 2055 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9458527 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30780 on: June 01, 2011, 04:42:14 pm »

Got in another accident today.

We were exiting a parking lot and the light wouldn't change for like ten minutes, judging from how many songs passed on the radio. Today was a really hot day and a bit of a line of irritable drivers was forming. Eventually the guys in the rightmost lane that was turn left only lane decided to move out. Traffic on the main street thinned and and we moved out. When my dad moved out he decided to make a U turn because there were no cars anywhere. A car behind us sped up and collided with our rear as he was turning.

This wouldn't have been much of a problem if not for the other person insisting that my dad admits guilt and signs something saying so, so we had to wait for a police car to come and sort out insurance info. It took an hour for one to come around. In the heat of the parking lot nearby. Blerrrg.

Here in Oz, or at least Victoria, if someone hits you in the back, it's their fault. Even if you're barrelling down the freeway backwards an the middle of two lanes.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #30781 on: June 01, 2011, 04:55:44 pm »

Same in Sweden. The driver behind always has responsibility to make sure he doesn't hit the car in front, no matter what. In theory, at least.

One good thing about This Troper is that now we know why Jesus didn't come back on the 21st.
Those gave me a bad headache, followed by a deep fear that I could be/become like that. I don't want to.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30782 on: June 01, 2011, 04:57:55 pm »

One good thing about This Troper is that now we know why Jesus didn't come back on the 21st.
Those gave me a bad headache, followed by a deep fear that I could be/become like that. I don't want to.
You know the best part? The creator has promised to stop at Episode 100, but he also promised that for 25 and 50. It will never end untill Troper Tales is nuked to ash.

What I'm saying is that we need to nuke Troper Tales to ash. Now. Like right now, why are you still reading this?

EDIT: Look what I found.
Quote from: From CrazyGoggs's Channel Page
  AklyonX (2 days ago) Thought of doing the Dwarf Fortress page? That would be interesting to hear.
Oh Aklyon, you really do care about us!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:07:12 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30783 on: June 01, 2011, 07:06:06 pm »

Apparantly, my sister's going to get a Bengal kitten.

Why am I sad? She's shit with animals.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:12:06 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30784 on: June 01, 2011, 07:19:13 pm »

So my day, in spite of starting very badly with a terrible headache, and being lethargic, unhappy, and wanting to go back to bed (but I couldn't even do that since my alarm was still beep beep beeping) all morning, it actually turned out to be very good once I hit noon. At that  time, I had to be a tour guide and lead some people around MCTI and tell them about all the facilities and trades. My group was both small, and very happy and good natured. For some reason, I really perk up in front of crowds, and I gave one of my best tours to date. They were so happy at the end that all of them thanked me, one recommended that I apply for a job at AT&T after I get out of school (since she worked there), and that one said that she'd write to ask that I receive two meal tickets for pay instead of the usual one. A farfetched idea, but the thought pleases me greatly.

Then I got to talk about my resume and portfolio with my instructor. I feel so happy thinking about preparing for my future and eventually gaining my independence. I also got some really, unexpectedly good lunch, pasta bake Rotini.

EDIT: Also, when I asked to have my smoke detector looked at, I realize the friends I've made that can actually get things done. The guys in charge of maintenance and dorm work really like me, since I work with them sometimes. My detector's now all better, and the day is very good.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:20:52 pm by JoshuaFH »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30785 on: June 01, 2011, 07:20:27 pm »

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30786 on: June 01, 2011, 07:22:03 pm »

I feel so happy
Wrong thread?

I'd feel bad referencing a sad thread post in the happy thread, since some of the people that frequent one might not frequent the other, and so my message might be lost due to people not knowing what the hell I'm talking about.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30787 on: June 01, 2011, 07:25:38 pm »

I wish I could talk to you on Steam Josh, arrrrrrrrgh.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30788 on: June 01, 2011, 08:40:21 pm »

My sister thinks the world is ending...

???

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30789 on: June 01, 2011, 08:43:49 pm »

Is there any particular reason why your sister thinks the world is ending?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30790 on: June 01, 2011, 08:48:07 pm »

Stupidity, I assume.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #30791 on: June 01, 2011, 08:54:00 pm »

Stupidity, I assume.

Welcome to the rest of your life.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30792 on: June 01, 2011, 08:56:41 pm »

Stupidity, I assume.

Welcome to the rest of your life.
Now, please put the knife down. I say this because that is usually the point where people despair and try to stab themselves. If you have not yet tried to stab yourself, remember this advice then. If you have already tried to stab yourself, congratulations on surviving your massive knife wounds.

Have a nice day, citizen.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #30793 on: June 01, 2011, 09:01:01 pm »

I ... WAT ... Was there a coherent sentence in there somewhere?

Anyway, I'm kinda nervous cuz EU3 and Bay12 ate my studying time. The summative should be hella easy, but still.

Bay 12, WHY ARE YOU SO DAMN INTERESTING?!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #30794 on: June 01, 2011, 09:02:14 pm »

Bay 12, WHY ARE YOU SO DAMN INTERESTING?!

The truly sad part is... It really isn't.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 2051 2052 [2053] 2054 2055 ... 8167