Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2031 2032 [2033] 2034 2035 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471702 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30480 on: May 24, 2011, 08:20:23 pm »

So no livestream as I promised I would do tomorrow; apparently my job had different plans and I'll be working one last week/morning-late afternoon.

Sorry anyone who was going to stop by. Maybe next time. I could make up for it Thursday or Friday if I'm up to it.

I may be able to substitute, due to my new headset.
EDIT: Probably not, as Livestream refuses to stream.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:46:56 pm by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30481 on: May 24, 2011, 08:54:40 pm »

Welp.  Three different tornado-spawning storms moving across North Texas right now.  One headed straight at me, one at my grandmother, and one at my father.  I'm not really worried about that in itself, that's pretty common.  Mostly I'm just worried about hail.  My car is too cherry to be turned into a golfball.

Meanwhile across the park, some Mexican kids (I'm the only gringo on this side of the block) are setting off fireworks.  Rock on you crazy kids, but it's not cheering me up too much.

EDIT: Pfft.  Well, that succeeded in scaring the crap out of my family before doing jack shit, and now I can't even claim it's bad enough out to stay home from work.  Pfft.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:02:21 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30482 on: May 24, 2011, 10:30:23 pm »

Firstly, now I have to go see Ghost Dad.

Secondly, I'm sad today because my ring finger on my left hand has inexplicably become swollen and sore. My nurse's money is on an infection, and has given me some antibiotics and epsom salts to soak the finger in. It's just so weird though, since there's no reason for it to become infected and bother me like this, I just woke up and there it was, infected finger.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30483 on: May 24, 2011, 10:34:36 pm »

It's just so weird though, since there's no reason for it to become infected and bother me like this, I just woke up and there it was, infected finger.

That's how both of my infections started.  First one occurred where I had fallen down on a gym floor two weeks prior, and the scratch on my elbow was barely visible and not the slightest bit open when the infection occurred.  The second one was just some dry skin on my other elbow.  Woke up both times to only dull pain, which escalated into the joint being swollen to double size a few hours later.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30484 on: May 24, 2011, 10:57:03 pm »

The inner-soles in my shoes are fucked and as a result, my feet now really, really hurt.

Fucking rip-off inner-soles
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #30485 on: May 24, 2011, 11:28:16 pm »

I checked my BMI, and it's 15.4 . I feel pretty shitty about that, and it's the fourth percentile for weight.
I have heard that BMI is terrifically inaccurate. I'm at about 17.2, myself, and while I am indeed skinnier than it seems I should be, I'm not unhealthy in the least. I rarely win arm wrestling bouts, but I can run places instead of driving. It's not an indicator of health, it's an indicator of proportion.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30486 on: May 24, 2011, 11:39:01 pm »

BMI can be innacurate, but in general terms, and for most people, it's still useful as an initial approach. There are other, more accurate methods avaiable, but none that can be used anywhere with just a weight scale and a measuring tape.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30487 on: May 24, 2011, 11:43:00 pm »

It's generally more accurate for underweight measurement than overweight measurement, where other factors like muscle weight can take hold.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #30488 on: May 25, 2011, 02:03:58 am »

I outright ignore those "you must weigh this much if you're this tall" charts 'n such these days.  I'm supposed to weigh around 175 pounds, which was my max weight in junior high school.  I'm at 210 pounds, eat reasonably healthy and I'm reasonably active.  I'd essentially need to live off rabbit food and pump iron hardcore for a year to get the proper "muscular but emaciated" look.  I tried working out for 6 months at college, and I neither gained or lost actual weight, although I was visibly losing fat and gaining muscle.  I say the charts lie.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30489 on: May 25, 2011, 02:19:34 am »

If you're not exercising regularly and rank as 20kg overweight, then perhaps you should consider reducing your intake.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30490 on: May 25, 2011, 03:36:25 am »

I'm apparently supposed to weigh between 130-160 pounds.
*Hugs*

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #30491 on: May 25, 2011, 03:37:53 am »

I've no idea how much I'm supposed to weigh, but I weigh about 50kg. I'm about 5'4" if anyone knows.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30492 on: May 25, 2011, 03:43:17 am »

My mum thinks that the world is going to end because America and Isreal are no longer allies.

According to her, it says this somewhere in the Bible.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #30493 on: May 25, 2011, 04:00:42 am »

My mum thinks that the world is going to end because America and Isreal are no longer allies.

According to her, it says this somewhere in the Bible.
But... America didn't exist... what... I...

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #30494 on: May 25, 2011, 04:26:02 am »

I recently read the mermaid farming thread and it made me sad. Not because of killing mermaids for their bones but for the fact that its no longer possible.

:'(
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 2031 2032 [2033] 2034 2035 ... 8167