Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2029 2030 [2031] 2032 2033 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472305 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30450 on: May 24, 2011, 01:24:30 pm »

Parents again, it's becoming old by now really, but it still makes me sad and rage at the same time.

Right now it's studying for these exams that will get me into a university or something, not really that hard and i know most of the stuff, plus i've studied a bit over the last few days.They are still bugging me about studying more though, and when i do tell them that i studied earlier (which i did) they basically dissmiss it as nothing telling me that it was probably some 12 seconds or so of studying.

Well fuck you then, if you want to know how much i really study how about you check every once in a while, don't go off somewhere then call me out on not studying if you weren't even here to confirm it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30451 on: May 24, 2011, 01:30:44 pm »

Speaking of people hovering, every single day my dad comes to visit.  Every single day he sits around in my room, and three or four times a day he asks "What would you do if you looked over here and I was floating?"

Why?  Why does he do this?
Shoes...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30452 on: May 24, 2011, 01:41:50 pm »

Parents again, it's becoming old by now really, but it still makes me sad and rage at the same time.

Right now it's studying for these exams that will get me into a university or something, not really that hard and i know most of the stuff, plus i've studied a bit over the last few days.They are still bugging me about studying more though, and when i do tell them that i studied earlier (which i did) they basically dissmiss it as nothing telling me that it was probably some 12 seconds or so of studying.

Well fuck you then, if you want to know how much i really study how about you check every once in a while, don't go off somewhere then call me out on not studying if you weren't even here to confirm it.
I know what ya mean. I study like, a few hours, and then every time I take a break they ask me if I shouldn't be studying. Then I tell them that I did study, towards which they usually reply "I never seen you do it though"

<_<

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30453 on: May 24, 2011, 01:50:06 pm »

Applies to chores, eating greens and basic hygiene as well.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30454 on: May 24, 2011, 01:52:21 pm »

Eh, chores usually involve taking care of the animals or washing the dishes. And They have long since lost hope that I'd ever eat greens that aren't peas.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30455 on: May 24, 2011, 01:57:16 pm »

I mean, putting peas on your plate, eating them and finishing the meal, then being told to eat some peas because they didn't see you eat any.

I'm almost 20 I know damn well enough to eat my own greens. And not smelling like a wet barn should cue them off to me being able to take care of basic cleaning needs.

Although this seems like a trust issue over anything, so I'll have to see if there were any habits I was involved in to make them not trust me somehow.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30456 on: May 24, 2011, 01:59:40 pm »

Heh. I only eat rarely (unless you count sweets, and even then) but if I do, I fucking eat. Like, one of those thick crusted pizzas within  five minutes or something.

... and that made me realize that I'm hungry and that there's nothing in the house that I eat. Bluh D:

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30457 on: May 24, 2011, 02:26:28 pm »

My parents are pretty fine with me, they'll be helpful and stuff.  But they absolutely hate each other which sucks.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30458 on: May 24, 2011, 02:50:52 pm »

Speaking of people hovering, every single day my dad comes to visit.  Every single day he sits around in my room, and three or four times a day he asks "What would you do if you looked over here and I was floating?"

Why?  Why does he do this?

Okay, I've had the experience of my Dad coming to my place, and getting so knackered on pot and Bloody Mary's while sitting on my bed that he couldn't remember leaving.  And that thing you said scares the crap out of me.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30459 on: May 24, 2011, 03:07:56 pm »

Maybe he's gently trying to break the news that he's a ghost.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30460 on: May 24, 2011, 03:09:55 pm »

Finally, my childhood can be complete.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #30461 on: May 24, 2011, 03:22:21 pm »

I'm almost 20 I know damn well enough to eat my own greens. And not smelling like a wet barn should cue them off to me being able to take care of basic cleaning needs.
My parents know that I've bathed because they've seen what it's like when I haven't for several days. That and they know if I have/haven't been doing schoolwork because the site tells them. I can't lie to my parents anymore because there are so many things in place that prevent me from lying. So I just tell the truth, and they don't really get mad at me as much anymore.
Also, my parents are pretty cool. I think my dad even said during a dinner conversation that he wouldn't mind if I smoked pot.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30462 on: May 24, 2011, 03:40:42 pm »

Finally, my childhood can be complete.

Thanks. I had actually burned those neurons completely out of the memory loop. Now I have to sacrifice new ones that were storing something far more useful, like the capital of Uruguay. (I'll miss you, Montevideo...)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30463 on: May 24, 2011, 03:41:00 pm »

My parents need to re prioritize the restrictions they place. They are constantly on my case about studying, exercising, and working. Out of their four children, I make the most per hour, have the most hours per week, have the highest grades in the toughest classes, and am the strongest and most fit. They never pester my brothers. Aside from those things though, they will let anything happen. They know about my brother doing under aged drinking and driving, and his pot smoking, and do nothing about it. Our household is seriously the most dysfunctional thing. I can't even talk to them about stuff, because they are either wrath-of-the-gods-angry or just don't give a flying fuck. I've just stopped regarding them as parental/authority figures, and started taking life lessons from a smattering of actual good role models.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #30464 on: May 24, 2011, 05:07:31 pm »

Although this seems like a trust issue over anything, so I'll have to see if there were any habits I was involved in to make them not trust me somehow.
In my not so humble opinion, it just comes down to routine-making, and since they can't bother to change their view of you/us, they won't. Unless you basically start a fight about it with them, and then they'll still chide you for over-reacting, then go back to their navel-gazing.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 2029 2030 [2031] 2032 2033 ... 8167