Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2020 2021 [2022] 2023 2024 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9474144 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30315 on: May 20, 2011, 11:50:14 pm »

Horrible headache. And this is not a suitable day for horrible headaches
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30316 on: May 20, 2011, 11:54:04 pm »

I've had periods of restlessness where I want to do too many things at once and can't settle on anything, which I imagine is kinda like boredom, because I become less active than I should be.

The only time I'm really bored, though, is when circumstances prevent me from doing anything meaningful, like when I'm tied up with social obligations that don't really interest me or... at work.  In these cases, boredom isn't really the central issue.

I have never been bored in my life when I had the freedom to do whatever I pleased, even when my parents were dirt poor and busy and I had no friends.  I can stare at a wall for hours, and so long as no one is telling me what to do, it will take me a very long time to get bored.  I have just as much daydreaming material as there are books in the world that I'll never get to read.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #30317 on: May 21, 2011, 08:47:53 am »

I don't know if it's just that I woke up early instead of at my usual time, but damn I don't even know. Random downer out of nowhere feeling... I hate it when this happens.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30318 on: May 21, 2011, 09:29:56 am »

And just think... there's this thing called boredom that plagues some people.  Such an ailment I cannot comprehend.
You and me both brother.  If I was actually left with nothing to do the world would have eroded by then.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30319 on: May 21, 2011, 09:32:49 am »

Respiratory problem no longer fun.  Now it just sucks and my feet are killing me with fire.  Breathing would be nice.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #30320 on: May 21, 2011, 09:33:20 am »

Realised I'm going to have to give an ultimatum to certain people in my DnD group because they're ruining it for other people - problem is that they're good friends to me and the rest of the group.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30321 on: May 21, 2011, 11:39:44 am »

Realised I'm going to have to give an ultimatum to certain people in my DnD group because they're ruining it for other people - problem is that they're good friends to me and the rest of the group.

Faced a similar situation before.  Tried to stick with a campaign after having our first kid, when suddenly everyone else in the group had schedules that couldn't possibly interact with ours.  Our DM who is one of my best friends was really gullible and thought they were being honest.  After we left the group, they admitted that they just wanted us out because they were annoyed that we were bringing a kid along.  DM disbanded the game immediately.  Haven't been in a campaign since.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30322 on: May 21, 2011, 02:42:15 pm »

My eyesight has gotten worse, and my left eye is nearly worthless now. I can't make hardly any use of it by itself, it just wont focus anymore. Well, atleast it still contributes slightly when I use both eyes. Hmph, wouldn't surprise me if I was blind by the time I'm 40 or 50. Its a shame, I was a great shot with rifles back when I was a kid. Well, there is always glasses or eye surgery. Actually, screw that, I'm waiting for cybernetics.
My personality profile.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30323 on: May 21, 2011, 02:42:59 pm »

I need to go to the dentist sometime soon because anything I eat a cube of ice, my teeth hurt Dx

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30324 on: May 21, 2011, 02:44:02 pm »

Can you eat solid chocolate?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30325 on: May 21, 2011, 02:44:19 pm »

My eyesight has gotten worse, and my left eye is nearly worthless now. I can't make hardly any use of it by itself, it just wont focus anymore. Well, atleast it still contributes slightly when I use both eyes. Hmph, wouldn't surprise me if I was blind by the time I'm 40 or 50. Its a shame, I was a great shot with rifles back when I was a kid. Well, there is always glasses or eye surgery. Actually, screw that, I'm waiting for cybernetics.

Glasses are sexy.
Always.
Any time they aren't, the person just doesn't have the right frames.
Luckily for me, both of mine are equally bad and I'm still a good shot (lefty too).

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30326 on: May 21, 2011, 02:47:35 pm »

Can you eat solid chocolate?
Sure. As long as it isn't liquid and hot/cold it's no problem.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30327 on: May 21, 2011, 02:48:31 pm »

Without your teeth hurting?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30328 on: May 21, 2011, 02:50:17 pm »

Yeah. It's only my lower molars that hurt, and even then only if I eat ice cubes or drink tea.

And sips of tea are easier to keep away from those teeth than chunks of ice.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30329 on: May 21, 2011, 02:54:22 pm »

You're probably going to need a filling then...
Pages: 1 ... 2020 2021 [2022] 2023 2024 ... 8167