Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1974 1975 [1976] 1977 1978 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494768 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29625 on: May 08, 2011, 07:56:25 pm »

Lordy.

This movie is even worse than I remember =/  I hope y'all are really, really good at riffing...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29626 on: May 08, 2011, 07:57:40 pm »

My laptop is here and there's a good internet connection so I am ready to riff, Miss Vector!!!

((What are we going to riff?))
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29627 on: May 08, 2011, 07:58:22 pm »

My laptop is here and there's a good internet connection so I am ready to riff, Miss Vector!!!

((What are we going to riff?))

Probably next Saturday.

Hunchback of Notre Dame, Disney version.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29628 on: May 08, 2011, 07:58:39 pm »

What movie do you happen to be watching by the way Vector? I'm sorry if you announced it and I missed it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29629 on: May 08, 2011, 08:00:28 pm »

Hunchback of Notre Dame, Disney version.

^ That one.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29630 on: May 08, 2011, 08:00:50 pm »

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29631 on: May 08, 2011, 08:03:35 pm »

Probably next Saturday.
Could you time it to somewhere around 2:00 pm EST? My math finals end somewhere around 1:00 and I want to be around to see this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29632 on: May 08, 2011, 08:06:57 pm »

Probably next Saturday.
Could you time it to somewhere around 2:00 pm EST? My math finals end somewhere around 1:00 and I want to be around to see this.

Yeah, I'll try.  It's definitely not going to be earlier than that.

EDIT: Oh my god ._.  Good job, Disney.  Just... good job.  I'm just going to sit here slow-clapping.

EDIT2: Yes, I think this may officially be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 08:30:42 pm by Vector »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29633 on: May 08, 2011, 09:18:29 pm »

For those of you basing Gender on Chromosomes, I supply this for reading and mild surprise.

Also this

Apologies if this moved elsewhere.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29634 on: May 08, 2011, 09:20:24 pm »

No, it didn't, but that's a good angle to look at it from as well.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29635 on: May 08, 2011, 09:27:32 pm »

Vector, why are you torturing yourself with Disney movies? You know they're about 30% watered down story and 70% made up stuff that makes no sense. (I was considering going over 100% with music, but I was afraid you'd beat me for it.)

Anyway, I really don't want to cram for my programming final, but I probably should. I'm very, very nervous about it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29636 on: May 08, 2011, 09:36:11 pm »

Vector, why are you torturing yourself with Disney movies? You know they're about 30% watered down story and 70% made up stuff that makes no sense. (I was considering going over 100% with music, but I was afraid you'd beat me for it.)

I thought it would be at least a little bit good, seeing as it has so many fanboys who go "OMFG it is better than the original novel."

I enjoyed this less than Plan Nine from Outer Space.

It also made less sense.  I preferred the Frollo that flagellated himself and went prematurely bald.  He had personality.  And the Quasimodo who was really, really ugly, who had developed a little bit of an ugly personality to boot.  And... moral gray zones.

That's what I miss most of all.

Gray zones of morality.

*fountains of tears*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29637 on: May 08, 2011, 09:40:16 pm »

What do you expect, watching a movie for kids as an adult?  Kids don't need gray morality.  Let them have their silly movies, they'll face reality soon enough, no need to rush them.

By the way, I thought Hellfire was the best Disney song before it was cool.  I have it on vinyl.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29638 on: May 08, 2011, 09:43:02 pm »

What do you expect, watching a movie for kids as an adult?  Kids don't need gray morality.  Let them have their silly movies, they'll face reality soon enough, no need to rush them.

Mostly because the expressed "point" of the movie was that things weren't all that black and white.

And then they made the evil characters ugly, as usual.  All the side characters were "odd-looking."  The main characters, other than Quasimodo, were classically Disney-beautiful.

And the dude's 20, but of course they made him smaller than the "good powerful men," just like the women are always tiny in relation to them... all of this crudmonkeying.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29639 on: May 08, 2011, 10:30:54 pm »

You have an awful lot of valid criticisms of the movie, and Disney-styling in general Vector, but I feel it's objectionable to compare it to the book. It was meant to be it's own thing, so enjoy it for being exactly that.

Just my two cents.
Pages: 1 ... 1974 1975 [1976] 1977 1978 ... 8168