Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1968 1969 [1970] 1971 1972 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9493287 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29535 on: May 07, 2011, 04:23:36 pm »

Not quite sure how I feel about that.
Be afraid. Be very, very, afraid.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #29536 on: May 07, 2011, 04:33:20 pm »

Vector: It sounds like this guy is worthless... No, sounds like he has negative worth.

My father was an abuser, I know exactly what you mean about victims being silent and rewarding the behavior and taking a long damn time to get wrap your mind around it. My childhood was a horrors show that I almost never talk about or think about because of the injustice of it all.  And yes, we were all made to feel like we deserved it, if we didn't feel that way, there is no way you could accept it and allow the abuse to continue.

Any apology he is offering is insincere. To make him look better to others, to get the opportunity to abuse you again, or just so he can pretend that it absolves him of any responsibility for the damage he did to you.

This is normally the part where I would tell you to have some pride because you know all the  bullshit he put in your head was wrong. And that feeling good about yourself is the thing that you really deserve. But I know that isn't something you are looking to hear.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29537 on: May 07, 2011, 04:43:59 pm »

*bites own eyes out in frustration*

I hate Saturdays.  Upper management here insists on running our production formulas the same as any other day of the week, while completely ignoring

1.  We have half the staff (at most) available.
2.  Most Saturday work is of almost no urgency.  Most of the day we are only required to be here as a precaution, and do semi-optional stuff in the meantime.
3.  Almost everything that doesn't fall under #2 is also the most difficult stuff possible to process.  We get stuck with all the stuff that people have been unable/unwilling to process over the week.

It amounts to a day loaded with pressure with more than twice the workload and twice the difficulty as any other day of the week for no real reason at all.  I don't know why they think it's acceptable to single out one shift (mine is the only one that ever has to deal with this) and force us to work at more than twice the expected rate under more difficult circumstances without any justification.

Oh yeah, and this is all while being even more sleep deprived than usual, as I'm forced to come in two hours earlier than every other day.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:50:24 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29538 on: May 07, 2011, 04:49:32 pm »

Thank you.

No, I appreciate your statements.  I really, really appreciate them.  I'd like to hear things like that because I feel really ashamed of myself for not just dumping him, but I was too naive back then--and I really did think it was my fault.  I didn't understand just how everything worked... and I imagine you can understand why I'm worried, now, about people telling me things about myself.

I guess my objection is a little bit more subtle than I can express right now, but needless to say your statements definitely don't fall under it.  But what I really want to say is thank you to everyone for supporting me and taking care of me.  You guys were honestly the folks that helped me feel like I had value in the first place.  And, well, thanks for continuing to stand by me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #29539 on: May 07, 2011, 04:58:56 pm »

Well now I feel like a total idiot since I must of took that huge post the wrong way. But anyway...

I guess if I was going to say something about it, the best thing to do is just ignore the guy exists. And if he gets weird or even worse about the apology get a restraining order.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29540 on: May 07, 2011, 05:02:07 pm »

Well now I feel like a total idiot since I must of took that huge post the wrong way. But anyway...

I guess if I was going to say something about it, the best thing to do is just ignore the guy exists. And if he gets weird or even worse about the apology get a restraining order.

Don't feel stupid.  I wasn't exactly rational at that time and don't really know how to properly express my wishes, so I can't expect anyone to follow anything I said other than "don't tell me what my brain is doing and don't tell me what to do in the name of feminism" =)  I think that's clear enough.

And, thank you for the advice.  I'll try.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29541 on: May 07, 2011, 05:03:59 pm »

Speaking from personal experience, restraining orders are extremely difficult to get. Although a female citing a troubled male might have better luck, you need proof of intentional physical harm.

Unfortunately it's the mental and spiritual harm that's often worse.

We all support you and others in seeing the worth that you always had, Vector.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29542 on: May 07, 2011, 05:05:44 pm »

Speaking from personal experience, restraining orders are extremely difficult to get. Although a female citing a troubled male might have better luck, you need proof of intentional physical harm.

Unfortunately it's the mental and spiritual harm that's often worse.

We all support you and others in seeing the worth that you always had, Vector.

Bah, humbug, I meant "I'll try" in terms of "I'll try to forget," not "I'll try to get a restraining order."  In case any of the powers that be happen to be reading this.  I don't want to visit any difficulties upon this person; I figure he'll get his own eventually.

But, thank you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29543 on: May 07, 2011, 05:38:46 pm »

It's so good to hear that you're doing so well Vector. That you're looking at your past and evaluating the things that hurt you, and letting them go.

Happiness is a matter of perspective, and yours is getting that much better.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29544 on: May 07, 2011, 08:42:44 pm »

I just updated to Ubuntu 11.04. Kind of regretting it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29545 on: May 07, 2011, 08:51:11 pm »

I just bent my pinky toe upwards on a roughly 90 degree angle.

Happy I am not...
My personality profile.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #29546 on: May 07, 2011, 08:59:37 pm »

Yay. My brother's here.
Family tension is rising.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29547 on: May 07, 2011, 09:25:30 pm »

Ugh.. another sleepless night because of nightmares and flashbacks
*Hugs*

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29548 on: May 07, 2011, 09:57:35 pm »

I read back a few pages just now.

Vector, Dunno what to say other then I wish you well. I'm not good with this sorta stuff but you sound like you could use the support. I loathe people like your ex-friend and ex-boyfriend...
My personality profile.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29549 on: May 07, 2011, 10:05:54 pm »

I interrupted an ant colony's mating thing (they're all concentrated in one spot on the surface, over a thousand of them) with a poison spray.

Am I a mass murderer now?

No. However I do wish to lodge a moral objection to the interruption of any sort of "mating thing"
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 1968 1969 [1970] 1971 1972 ... 8167