Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1960 1961 [1962] 1963 1964 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9489009 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29415 on: May 06, 2011, 04:47:42 am »

Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword disappoints me. I really liked Warband for its character creation and story, but with this game, you pick a difficulty and then a name and your stats. You don't even get to pick a gender. I want the new stuff from With Fire & Sword, but with the setup of Warband. I can't say I'm angry, just disappointed.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29416 on: May 06, 2011, 04:52:31 am »

I see ein has channeled Jacob's Ladder, or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29417 on: May 06, 2011, 05:03:04 am »

Oh and also, apparently I wasted around $15 because TaleWorlds made a game that came out after Windows 7, that doesn't have compatibility with Windows 7, so the furthest I could get was the tutorial. Now I'm angry.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 05:16:09 am by Taco Dan »
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29418 on: May 06, 2011, 05:30:03 am »

In other news, it's my dad's birthday today and he's sick. I feel sorry for him because this is, like, the third time in a row he's been sick on his birthday.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29419 on: May 06, 2011, 06:48:32 am »

I'm sad because I don't want something I made to be unknown, yet I don't want to put it on the internet...

FUUUU-

Also, I'm reading something on the most brutal serial killers and I'm enjoying it...

This makes me concerned for my mental health.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 06:54:04 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29420 on: May 06, 2011, 07:14:27 am »

Also, I'm reading something on the most brutal serial killers and I'm enjoying it...

You 'n me buddy. You 'n me.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29421 on: May 06, 2011, 07:15:14 am »

You 'n me buddy. You 'n me.
Lolwat?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #29422 on: May 06, 2011, 07:47:00 am »

Deadlifts are for hamstrings, you're doing it wrong bro.
Yup. That's why I feel like an old person.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #29423 on: May 06, 2011, 08:37:19 am »

Eh, girl I asked out today said that she wasn't interested in having a relationship.

I'm glad that we're still the best of friends though, she's a nice person and I'm happy to still have our friendship.

Still kinda bummed though :/
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29424 on: May 06, 2011, 08:38:31 am »

My PC's lagging like hell.

This dosen't usually happen...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29425 on: May 06, 2011, 08:39:36 am »

Any time that happens, I run a virus scan.

Half an hour later I stop it because it makes my PC lag even worse.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29426 on: May 06, 2011, 08:41:00 am »

It just stopped.

It's what I call "Chunky Lag".

Also, my muscles have been twitching HEAPS today. It's making me feel sick...

[edit] To top that all off, it hurts to breathe.

Thanks, unhealthy body.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:19:27 am by Angel Of Death »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29427 on: May 06, 2011, 09:44:21 am »

There is a parents meeting tonight for my class, there are certain things my parents don't know about, like me skipping certain classes and such, but that isn't the real problem, nor are the rather meh grades i have this semester.The real problem that makes me sad is that they will have the same conversation that they have every time, same vague threats about my future and some other crap that i can't force myself to care about.And i will listen trough it all and continue on my merry way as i always do, but as always it will bring me down and i predict getting somewhat drunk tonight, when i really shouldn't -.-
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29428 on: May 06, 2011, 11:17:29 am »

I can't find my Borderlands DVD.

DAAAAAAMN!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29429 on: May 06, 2011, 11:50:43 am »

Jonathan S. Fox just graduated from a Game Design college course, with a Bachelor's degree in same.  Now, I don't have any more faith in a degree like that counting for anything in an industry more than an Art degree would land a job painting masterpieces, but I greatly respect Fox and his skills.  His talent is evident in all of his projects and his writing, and my disdain for "game schools" is no reflect on his real ability.  He has a lot of good things to say about it, and he would certainly know better.

GlyphGryph, forsaken1111, and Iituem (that I know of) have embarked on making a genuine game that they intend to genuinely release and charge genuine money for, and (I think believably) actually have code to show for it.  They even have enough confidence in their process to post an open want-ad for content-generation on the Internet of all places.

I don't know any of these people well, but I am familiar with all of them, and I've been around long enough to have some idea of what they can do and how they progressed over just a couple years.  I first started playing around with making "games" over a decade ago, and that's just in terms of actual computerized stuff that can be played; not even counting stuff that's explicitly supposed to be analogue.  Most of that time was either jotting ideas in the abstract (when I bother to write stuff down at all), and a constant search for DIY programs; any sort of tool to automate all the hard work of actually learning how to program.  And what do I have to show for it?  Some vestigial knowledge of Java and a toybox full of tutorials and napkin sketches.

I have the utmost respect for people who pursue their interests and come out with something to show for it; even if its still in the ephemeral, at those guys up there are doing something.  Meanwhile, all my passion for game design has earned me is the ability to chase after Glyph's project, shouting in my best nine-year-old voice "hey guys, wait up, I can help too".

I don't care about success or money or fame or even recognition.  All I've ever really wanted was to make something that can live up to my ideas.  But I've spent all the time and resources I could have ever applied to learning anything related to creativity, games or otherwise, in favor of "smart" choices that have landed me nowhere anyway.  And I've never had the work ethic, let alone the talent or aptitude, to learn any real skill to produce something on my own, let alone the effort to actually follow through.  The easier things seem, the less likely I am to even start, while at the same time, I sabotage any attempt I make to do something ambitious until I lose interest and give up.  Why does "following your dreams" have to be hard?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 1960 1961 [1962] 1963 1964 ... 8167