Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1959 1960 [1961] 1962 1963 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488844 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29400 on: May 05, 2011, 10:34:28 pm »

Well, aside from that dog thing, which made me extra sad... I'm bored out of my skull, and this displeases me immensely.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29401 on: May 05, 2011, 10:44:25 pm »

He was my favorite too, actually.  A very interesting character.  He appeals to a dark side I think every person has - one that desperately wishes all the problems of the world could be solved with the first impulse that comes to most people's mind when faced with the abhorrent symptoms of an ill society.  He's also a great portrayal of what you become by embracing that dark side.  In fact, the little comic about the dogs does a decent job of underlining that point which Alan Moore was trying to get across (but was lost on many people).

Yeah, this.  I don't even want to mention how many times I'd write something out, or think something and just go "... But Vector, that's wrong.  You can't do that."

It's been a lot of times.  So, watching Rorschach run loose is kind of... it's a little bit heartening, sometimes, when I'm just too tired.

EDIT: Oh my god, it's like a NDdP-gasm all over again but with no one to share it with.

This is kind of horrible =/  My passion is over 9000.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:19:46 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29402 on: May 05, 2011, 11:57:45 pm »

Can't look at another invoice without wanting to stab my eyes out!  One more hour left to go!  *headdesk*  *stuff chocolate in face*  *headdesk*  *destroy eardrums*

On the upside, my wife's family apparently has some connections that might get me out of here.  I've been encouraged to bring portfolio stuff when we visit in a month.  I'm going to try forcing four hours of art time out of myself every night until then.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:00:24 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29403 on: May 06, 2011, 12:23:14 am »

I never once read anything Watchmen related, and I have to say that was an excellent spin-off story thing. While saddening, it was so well-written that I can't help but want to see more like it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #29404 on: May 06, 2011, 12:37:46 am »

I feel like an old person. My hip hurts from when I ran into a desk, and my back hurts from my terrible deadlift form.

PS: I deadlifted 100 pounds! (It was a bad idea: I only weigh 120, and not much of that is upper body muscle.)

P.S.: The acronym, PS, stands for 'plus side'.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29405 on: May 06, 2011, 12:39:38 am »

Deadlifts are for hamstrings, you're doing it wrong bro.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29406 on: May 06, 2011, 12:44:16 am »

P.S.: The acronym, PS, stands for 'plus side'.

There's an acronym tag for that.  It adds rollover text.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29407 on: May 06, 2011, 12:51:18 am »

Can't sleep. Rx man eats me. Can't sleep. Rx man eats me.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29408 on: May 06, 2011, 01:40:01 am »

He was my favorite too, actually.  A very interesting character.  He appeals to a dark side I think every person has - one that desperately wishes all the problems of the world could be solved with the first impulse that comes to most people's mind when faced with the abhorrent symptoms of an ill society.  He's also a great portrayal of what you become by embracing that dark side.  In fact, the little comic about the dogs does a decent job of underlining that point which Alan Moore was trying to get across (but was lost on many people).

Yeah, this.  I don't even want to mention how many times I'd write something out, or think something and just go "... But Vector, that's wrong.  You can't do that."

It's been a lot of times.  So, watching Rorschach run loose is kind of... it's a little bit heartening, sometimes, when I'm just too tired.
I agree as well, but I also think that it highlights how pointless his violence is in the end - after all, the only impact he ever had on society came from his pen, not his fists. Makes me feel better whenever I rage at extremists enough to want to kill, or at least hurt, someone - knowing that such actions never bring any real change, and the only way to go about if you want to influence people/society is the way of pens and words, not violence. Basically, he only ever fought the symptoms of the disease he saw around him, and never actually manages to do anything about the infectioncausing them.

Just my take. I love talking about Watchmen. For once, it's a topic where everyone can be right! ;)

That comic just reminds me of the kinds of terrible stories I've heard about masters that abuse their dogs, and how the dogs will stay loyal anyway just because they don't know anything else.
Just like people.
Love, scriver~

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29409 on: May 06, 2011, 03:11:32 am »

I wish I was with my dad. :I

Also, I keep hearing faint church bells, which, though a pretty badass hallucination at first, has gotten quite annoying by now.

Yeah, tonight is just a general sad night.
It's like not even my happy music is working.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29410 on: May 06, 2011, 03:55:19 am »

I want to say something about my dad that made me sad but I'm afraid I might upset Ein.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29411 on: May 06, 2011, 04:00:01 am »

Say what you will.
I'm not the type to get upset easily.
It's better to release things than keep them bottled up. :b

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29412 on: May 06, 2011, 04:00:13 am »

Basically, he only ever fought the symptoms of the disease

Yup.  I also chose the word symptom very purposefully.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29413 on: May 06, 2011, 04:02:55 am »

I love my dad but he can scare the living fuck out of me with nary a word.

And I feel we're drifting apart.

That's making me sad today.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29414 on: May 06, 2011, 04:16:24 am »

My dad is drinking himself to death. He looks less healthy by the day.

Also, his personality seems to change from nice, to complete arsehole in a matter of minutes. Sometimes he acts like an annoying child, sometimes he acts normal and sometimes he acts really agressive.

I don't know if it's alchohol or insanity that's doing this but I'm assuming the latter.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 1959 1960 [1961] 1962 1963 ... 8167