Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 [1953] 1954 1955 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488034 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29280 on: May 03, 2011, 10:05:06 pm »

I'm so fucking sick of hearing idiotic people say Hitler was an atheist and that automatically makes all atheists evil.

*headesk*
*facepalm*

I always laugh whenever I hear that "argument". Then I remind my opponent that nazi belt buckles said, "Gott Mit Uns".

Goddamn Nazis can't even spell "God With Us" properly. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to realize that "us" doesn't have an n in it? [/Please don't fall victim to Poe's Law]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29281 on: May 03, 2011, 10:13:18 pm »

Edit:  Quick search reveals that this event was much talked about, though this is the first I've heard of it.  Here's a very small amount more context, which reveals that he used a bible verse in a fashion that very sensitive people could have taken as derogatory.
._.  Please tell me you guys don't think most Christians are like this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29282 on: May 03, 2011, 10:16:33 pm »

> Vector: Order brain to work.

> Vector's brain, reply: Fuck you, asshole, we're watching animoo even if you don't want to.  GET YOUR HANDS OFF THE WHEEL IT'S ANIMOO TIME

> Vector: Begrudging acceptance

My work ethic, what has happened to it?  I still can't break the nine-hour workday.  Got to try harder.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29283 on: May 03, 2011, 11:16:10 pm »

Hard work is overrated. Sunbathing is better.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29284 on: May 03, 2011, 11:35:48 pm »

Edit:  Quick search reveals that this event was much talked about, though this is the first I've heard of it.  Here's a very small amount more context, which reveals that he used a bible verse in a fashion that very sensitive people could have taken as derogatory.
._.  Please tell me you guys don't think most Christians are like this.

I wouldn't say most, but a large portion.  I'm not anti-religious.  That's just an honest answer.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29285 on: May 03, 2011, 11:40:19 pm »

I'm so fucking sick of hearing idiotic people say Hitler was an atheist and that automatically makes all atheists evil.

I'm fucking sick of people judging people based off of the poorly defined labels that they themselves bestow upon others.

Too bad that's the only god damn way people know how to interact.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29286 on: May 03, 2011, 11:41:59 pm »

Hard work is overrated. Sunbathing is better.

Yeah :D

Yeeeeah, yeah~!  More sunbathing.

I'm fucking sick of people judging people based off of the poorly defined labels that they themselves bestow upon others.

Too bad that's the only god damn way people know how to interact.

Thank you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29287 on: May 03, 2011, 11:42:56 pm »

Wait, what?

I'm sad because I can't think today. Which is pretty strange.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:48:39 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29288 on: May 04, 2011, 12:26:11 am »

I read somewhere (maybe TVtropes, I dont know) about the "City Infernal" novel, and the premise seemed amusing, and it was supposed to be a "horror novel". Turns out it sucks. Because it's heavy-handed religious themes, because of the lame plot basis (really, it feels like a "young adult" novel, in the worst sense of the term), and because it's not even internally self-consistent.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29289 on: May 04, 2011, 01:13:01 am »

Bluh. Philosophy and chemistry test today :/

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29290 on: May 04, 2011, 06:09:21 am »

Ahhh, shit. I accidently necro'd a topic.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29291 on: May 04, 2011, 06:41:28 am »

Meh, it was only a few months old. Nothing to regret about.
Love, scriver~

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29292 on: May 04, 2011, 06:48:22 am »

> Acanthus: Order brain to work.

> Acanthus's brain, reply: Fuck you, asshole, we're watching animoo/playan the touhous/playan the John Marston even if you don't want to.  GET YOUR HANDS OFF THE WHEEL IT'S ANIMOO/TOUHOU/MARSTON TIME

> Acanthus: Begrudging acceptance

Fixed and stuff.

Seriously, I haven't written anything in weeks. D:
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #29293 on: May 04, 2011, 10:22:15 am »

Corporate sent out a listing of open positions, the one that made me sad was: Microsoft Access Programmer - Mid level, secret clearance required...
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29294 on: May 04, 2011, 10:27:19 am »

Mabinogi is gonna take another 7.5 hours to download.
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 [1953] 1954 1955 ... 8167