Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488369 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29265 on: May 03, 2011, 07:01:52 pm »

The fact that God decides to yank out all the people who were superficially 'faithful' in life and stuff, leaving all the others to suffer. I don't think He would do that, really.

I just find it stupid and bigoted, and I'm a sorta-lapsed Roman Catholic.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29266 on: May 03, 2011, 07:06:15 pm »

not "superficially faithful", the people who have confessed their sins, blablabla accepted god and all that.

Plus, the people remaining on earth can stay faithful to God through the seven years. albeit, it will probably suck. Yet they would still be admitted into heaven. It's not bigoted, the whole point is to separate the christians from the non-christians.

Anyway, I think we should continue in PM, so as not to start a flame war or somesuch.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29267 on: May 03, 2011, 07:14:49 pm »

Mmmyeah, we should just stop it.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29268 on: May 03, 2011, 07:19:09 pm »

Dammit Urist, why'd you go and get banned? You were usually good for a conversation.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29269 on: May 03, 2011, 07:31:11 pm »

The fact that God decides to yank out all the people who were superficially 'faithful' in life and stuff, leaving all the others to suffer. I don't think He would do that, really.

I just find it stupid and bigoted, and I'm a sorta-lapsed Roman Catholic.

Roman Catholism doesn't believe in the Rapture, and considers it a heretical concept. The Rapture is a purely Protestant concept and is not even embraced by the majority of Protestant sects. The prevelance of the idea is primarily due to the fact that the denominations that *do* embrace the idea are the ones that pour huge amounts of money into televangelism.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29270 on: May 03, 2011, 07:33:32 pm »

Bluh, bluh another reason why I don't like it.

Well, thanks, Shonus.

I'm not exactly the best on theological hoozy-whatsits
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29271 on: May 03, 2011, 07:37:07 pm »

Dammit Urist, why'd you go and get banned? You were usually good for a conversation.
you kidding right? he was an obvious troll from post #1. It's a wonder he lasted that long
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29274 on: May 03, 2011, 08:12:29 pm »

That link goes to a post from 2009 reporting an incident from 2007.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29275 on: May 03, 2011, 08:19:35 pm »

You're right.  I didn't look at it very closely before passing it on.  Still wonder how true it is.  It's feels very much like caricature, even though I've known people who wouldn't surprise me by reacting that way.

Edit:  Quick search reveals that this event was much talked about, though this is the first I've heard of it.  Here's a very small amount more context, which reveals that he used a bible verse in a fashion that very sensitive people could have taken as derogatory.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:23:19 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29276 on: May 03, 2011, 08:34:19 pm »

You're right.  I didn't look at it very closely before passing it on.  Still wonder how true it is.  It's feels very much like caricature, even though I've known people who wouldn't surprise me by reacting that way.

Edit:  Quick search reveals that this event was much talked about, though this is the first I've heard of it.  Here's a very small amount more context, which reveals that he used a bible verse in a fashion that very sensitive people could have taken as derogatory.
While we are on the subject of the rapture.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29277 on: May 03, 2011, 08:40:41 pm »

I'm so fucking sick of hearing idiotic people say Hitler was an atheist and that automatically makes all atheists evil.

*headesk*
*facepalm*
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29278 on: May 03, 2011, 08:41:52 pm »

While we are on the subject of the rapture.

...Why the Hell did I never see it that way?  Oh God, suddenly the WASPs and C-Street and stuff all makes sense now...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29279 on: May 03, 2011, 09:44:44 pm »

I'm so fucking sick of hearing idiotic people say Hitler was an atheist and that automatically makes all atheists evil.

*headesk*
*facepalm*

I always laugh whenever I hear that "argument". Then I remind my opponent that nazi belt buckles said, "Gott Mit Uns".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 ... 8167