Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9490681 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29190 on: May 02, 2011, 03:08:49 am »

my only source of "entertainment" was german TV. D:
What's not to love?  :P
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29191 on: May 02, 2011, 04:48:36 am »

Yesterday was raining all day so we had to spend it partying inside, today is a great day but most people are too tired/hungover from yesterday to do anything today :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29192 on: May 02, 2011, 04:58:41 am »

my only source of "entertainment" was german TV. D:
What's not to love?  :P
Everything and anything? Eh, at least they also had the Dark Knight yesterday.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29193 on: May 02, 2011, 05:37:43 am »

My serial killer game is AWESOME!

But I can't put it on the forums... Well, I can, but I'm doing it at my own risk...

:(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29194 on: May 02, 2011, 07:10:07 am »

Hmm... I've gained quite a bit of weight (used to be so thin that people thought I was literally starving to death, so about 40 pounds, especially because I'm not in tip-top shape--I expect to lose about 5 or so when I'm doing better) and my facial structure has really changed, but apparently not enough that I can't be mistaken for someone much younger than I am.  I can tell the difference, but I suspect random people on the street wouldn't be able to if I pitched my voice up (I'm basically a tenor.  Let's be honest, here) and performed appropriate de-aging body language/word usage.

Yeah... I definitely get treated like a little girl sometimes.  It's kind of bizarre.
If you can work out how to control your apparent age reliably, it could be quite useful.  Most of the uses I can think of involve murders manipulation or pretending to be 2 people, though...

I guess at 5'11'' I could probably pass as a lot older if my voice and general mannerisms didn't scream OBVIOUS TEENAGER.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29195 on: May 02, 2011, 07:55:55 am »

I'm 5'3" tops.

I've also been mistaken for a professor (by both students and random adults met elsewhere) recently and regularly get ma'amed or expected to have conversations about The Good Old Days When We Grew Up Without Cell Phones.
Hey wait...I grew up without ce--

Oh, right. Now I'm sad.  :(

Thanks to the beard (which I have borne since about age 16), I've always had the opposite problem. People stopped carding me *before* I was 21. Doesn't help that I was raised by my grandparents, and generally grew up with people who were far older than me, so I've always tended to "act old".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29196 on: May 02, 2011, 08:08:49 am »

Same with me. With my high hairline and starting to shave in 5th grade, I've always been mistaken for much older than I am.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #29197 on: May 02, 2011, 11:17:35 am »

So Fable 3 glitched on me near the end in such a way that I am no longer able to leave a certain building that has three people standing rock still in a corner and a dead guy on the floor. There's also a gnome taunting me outside. I've checked around and I haven't found any similar cases so I may never be able to beat the game with this character. Ah well, I guess he could just stand around collecting insane amounts of rent for all eternity.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29198 on: May 02, 2011, 11:22:05 am »

Arg, the album function on img.ie's broken, meaning that I can't create any new albums and have to manually enter the url to look at my other one.
*Hugs*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29199 on: May 02, 2011, 11:33:27 am »

I have always been mistaken for being 3 or 4 years older than I really am. Pick an age, any age, and people have thought that I was quite the adult in appearance.

Rather lately, I received the comment "How old are you? 25?" "22, thanks."

Also, for some reason I always imagined Vector being taller than me. I'm 5'9~.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29200 on: May 02, 2011, 11:35:10 am »

I get the opposite. People think I'm 16. At most.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29201 on: May 02, 2011, 11:39:04 am »

Haha, it's hilarious how everyone thinks I'm so much taller than I actually am.  I guess I'm just that imposing :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #29202 on: May 02, 2011, 11:44:40 am »

Israeli Holocaust remembrance day was today. :-\

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29203 on: May 02, 2011, 12:08:43 pm »

Grah, Unity was much worse than I expected. It seems to be much more sluggish than GNOME, and the app bar type thing is both slow and incredibly obnoxious.

Next up: Crunchbang. I know I can just install GNOME or Openbox, but quite frankly Canonical's left a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't really want to use it much more. It's just a damn shame I have to reinstall and reconfigure everything.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #29204 on: May 02, 2011, 12:42:36 pm »

But, but Unity's so cool looking...
If you don't want to re-configure things, you can try to copy their /etc/ files or directories over to your new machine, or just take your home folder with you.
Pages: 1 ... 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 ... 8167