Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1893 1894 [1895] 1896 1897 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455023 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28410 on: April 20, 2011, 12:51:55 pm »

MY CAPSLOCK BUTTON IS JAMMED.

GOD DAMN IT!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28411 on: April 20, 2011, 12:52:25 pm »

*Pats Vector on the back.*
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28412 on: April 20, 2011, 12:58:59 pm »

I'm sad because people are stupid enough to get sucked into crap like "iDoser".

Listening to white noise for half an hour does not have the same effect as LSD.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28413 on: April 20, 2011, 01:05:35 pm »

Personally, I wouldn't even touch drugs, both from a mix of fear about what would happen to me, and the desire to not get addicted to something.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28414 on: April 20, 2011, 01:07:15 pm »

Personally, I wouldn't even touch drugs, both from a mix of fear about what would happen to me, and the desire to not get addicted to something.
Fair enough. Drugs can fuck your life up permanantly.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28415 on: April 20, 2011, 01:11:57 pm »

Oh god damn. A game popped up in the role playing section that looked pretty cool. And it was made by a add bot.

It was completely appropriate post for the place it was put, I could not even tell it was a bot until I saw its sig.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28416 on: April 20, 2011, 01:13:21 pm »

Oh god damn. A game popped up in the role playing section that looked pretty cool. And it was made by a add bot.

It was completely appropriate post for the place it was put, I could not even tell it was a bot until I saw its sig.

What bothers me is that apparently ad bots are now exploiting Homestuck.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28417 on: April 20, 2011, 01:15:54 pm »

God damn. That is surprisingly... Smart of the creator...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28418 on: April 20, 2011, 01:17:12 pm »

Actually, it's more of a C&P job...

Here's the link to the bit the bot copied.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28419 on: April 20, 2011, 01:18:20 pm »

For those of us that do not know, what is C&P?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28420 on: April 20, 2011, 01:18:58 pm »

Copy and paste. I just don't know any quicker way to type it...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28421 on: April 20, 2011, 01:21:20 pm »

Lordy, ugh.  I am fucking tired of talking about progressivism.  FUCKING TIRED.

Who have you tired yourself out talking with, Vector?  I have pamphlets you might find useful...

In actuality, I'm genuinely sick of having fuckin' politics on my mind all the time.  All these stupid tabs taunting me with shit I know I'm supposed to care about, but just can't work up the effort.

Ahh...rage fatigue. Been there, done that.

For those of us that do not know, what is C&P?
Cut & Paste.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28422 on: April 20, 2011, 01:51:46 pm »

Well Acanthus made a Touhou thread in other games too. So I guess that one is free to use. Though honestly I think it should be a GD thread because of the focus on other works too. Like the music and comics and things.

Yeah, that makes sense.  I think it'd also cut down on a large amount (?) of the shitposting in the Happy thread.  I like Touhou, too, but I feel like there's been a lot of off-topic discussion in that vein over there, so maybe its own thread in GD would help.

Not starting it, though, because it seems like the sort of thing I'd lurk.  I'll leave that to someone else.
My great angst when it comes to Touhou is just how diverse the fanbase is. I love playing the games and reading the official materials, but I don't really play hard for points (except the StB games), so I can't really say much for specific strategies or anything. I'm not Lunatic level either.

Fan material is in a weird area for me, where I'm sort of interested about talking about it, but not really. Talking about the general setting and universe is okay and neat with me, but those discussions almost always become a bit heated because of people being frustrated with others due to misunderstandings or an absolute lack of communication. It generally pans out okay when people are clear about their ideas and intentions, but it comes out pretty bad otherwise.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28423 on: April 20, 2011, 02:07:35 pm »

My great angst when it comes to Touhou is that it exists and people post about it here.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28424 on: April 20, 2011, 02:13:43 pm »

Well Acanthus made a Touhou thread in other games too. So I guess that one is free to use. Though honestly I think it should be a GD thread because of the focus on other works too. Like the music and comics and things.

Yeah, that makes sense.  I think it'd also cut down on a large amount (?) of the shitposting in the Happy thread.  I like Touhou, too, but I feel like there's been a lot of off-topic discussion in that vein over there, so maybe its own thread in GD would help.

Not starting it, though, because it seems like the sort of thing I'd lurk.  I'll leave that to someone else.
My great angst when it comes to Touhou is just how diverse the fanbase is. I love playing the games and reading the official materials, but I don't really play hard for points (except the StB games), so I can't really say much for specific strategies or anything. I'm not Lunatic level either.

Fan material is in a weird area for me, where I'm sort of interested about talking about it, but not really. Talking about the general setting and universe is okay and neat with me, but those discussions almost always become a bit heated because of people being frustrated with others due to misunderstandings or an absolute lack of communication. It generally pans out okay when people are clear about their ideas and intentions, but it comes out pretty bad otherwise.
I would be happy to start a thread on it.. I would try to keep shit out. Or at least limit it..
Pages: 1 ... 1893 1894 [1895] 1896 1897 ... 8167