Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1885 1886 [1887] 1888 1889 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488753 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28290 on: April 19, 2011, 11:32:24 am »

Angel of Death is throwing a tantrum!

Angel of Death topples the rails!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28291 on: April 19, 2011, 11:32:37 am »

But many people like cheese!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28292 on: April 19, 2011, 11:32:53 am »

I dunno, there seems to be something insincere about formally stating one is no longer posting. It's one of those things that goes without saying, a gradual drift from activity if you will. To formally state it seems more of an indirect jab at events that have happened and the people behind them.

The situation ticks me off, and it isn't Toady that's causing it for me.

Edit; and Mom, even if I've been passive-aggressive about your posting style I still want you to be able to vent in the Sad thread. Sometimes a person just needs to be able to do that to remain sane. Just to know that somebody else knows that you are feeling off. I do hope you can still find comfort here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:34:37 am by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28293 on: April 19, 2011, 11:34:19 am »

I'm leaving because none of my posts had substance and I contributed precisely fuck all.
In short, it's an announcement that there'll be one less person wasting the bandwidth not a jab at anyone.
*Hugs*

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28294 on: April 19, 2011, 11:35:22 am »

You could always contribute something at a later date.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28295 on: April 19, 2011, 11:38:52 am »

I'm sad because I don't have the guts to request adresses from the forum members whos posts I like to read.

I don't know if I'm in this or not, and if I'm not, I don't really care--don't tell me =)  But anyone who is interested in letter-writing should PM me up.  I won't necessarily say yes, but this is the time to get crackin' on it.

*sigh*

Also need to see if I can find some sort of script to archive a few threads of the Mafia Subforum.  I don't want to lose 'em.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28296 on: April 19, 2011, 11:42:11 am »

I think I'm gonna resign myself to lurking most of the time, too, at least until this tides over and becomes a cool place again. A lot of my favorite forumites have left, and honestly I've been spending so much time on Bay 12 that I've been neglecting other things, even on the internet. I'll still be here, but I have other things to do.

(and yes I realize "leaving posts" are silly that's why this isn't one)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:47:16 am by freeformschooler »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28297 on: April 19, 2011, 11:44:14 am »

If you're going to stop posting then just freakin' do it and we'll all notice, gog damn.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28298 on: April 19, 2011, 11:45:03 am »

If you're going to stop posting then just freakin' do it and we'll all notice, gog damn.

It's kind of nice to say goodbye though, isn't it?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28299 on: April 19, 2011, 11:45:47 am »

Goodbye means they're leaving.  These guys are definitely NOT leaving.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28300 on: April 19, 2011, 11:46:53 am »

Yeah, we're still here, just in different ways. I'm not saying goodbye, though -- I don't even know why I said "I'll cya guys", jegus force of habit or something?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28301 on: April 19, 2011, 11:47:38 am »

You never know if lurking is just going to lead to not wanting to come back, and so on.

Anyway, yeah, I think it's a bit weird, and a bit sad, but I think a little time out will help a lot of us.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28302 on: April 19, 2011, 11:52:53 am »

My grandfather is dying, so I will be going to Germany on Friday after exams.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28303 on: April 19, 2011, 11:57:35 am »

. . .

Well, my entire rhetoric class now knows that I'm mentally ill.  Great.  And I really need to find a project to work on, because it seems that some half of the forums (that I care about) has jumped ship, gone to lurking, or thinking about jumping.

*sigh*

But you know what?  It was fun while it lasted.  Really fun.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28304 on: April 19, 2011, 12:18:02 pm »

I think I sent a PM to the wrong person...

D:
Pages: 1 ... 1885 1886 [1887] 1888 1889 ... 8167