Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487304 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28230 on: April 19, 2011, 06:09:20 am »

Ah.

Seeya, Solifuge!

I'll miss you, buddymanguy.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28231 on: April 19, 2011, 06:17:16 am »

And another prominent member withdraws from most of b12.

These last two days have been pretty saddening in this regard.

But I think a lot of people are missing the point: it's not the "what", the content of the message that caused the bans, but the "how". At least that's how I saw it. I may be wrong, though.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28232 on: April 19, 2011, 06:25:43 am »

To append to that message, I really need to be spending more of my time and focus on certain parts of my life, and find myself wasting much of my daytime at a computer. My disconnect is symptomatic of both, to be sure, but a need to spend less of my time at a keyboard has been on my mind for some time longer, and runs far more deeply.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28233 on: April 19, 2011, 06:29:29 am »

So this is mainly the call of RL?
I hope you'll still stream once in a while.
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28234 on: April 19, 2011, 06:31:04 am »

I haven't been posting very much lately either.  Partly because I have other stuff to do, partly because I'm tired of trying to sort out conversations interspersed with pages of the same two or three people having leapfrog Touhou and *emote* contests.  Plus a lot of people I thought were cool just got banned for stuff I agree with to some extent.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28235 on: April 19, 2011, 06:34:38 am »

Last night I was gonna do stuff with my bro, but my sister had to use the computer. By the time she was done I kinda fell asleep. I hate waking up in the morning to knowing I left my bro hangin', especially when he seemed to be in a bad ways that night.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

rdriftwood

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28236 on: April 19, 2011, 06:38:36 am »

Hey guys, Retro here. I don't mean to circumvent my ban or Toady's moderation choices, nor my stated intention expressed earlier of leaving the forums, so I'm going to try and clarify something as quickly as possible and then slip out.

I have never relayed for Dasleah nor anyone else, nor have any of the others accused of doing so (namely, Captain Mayday, LordNagash, Makrond). The PM disagreement I had with Toady was largely about this, as he firmly believed that I was, to quote as best I can from memory without access to my PMs, "trolling for Dasleah," while I firmly insisted that I was not nor have ever been. I never said I condoned Dasleah's ban-dodge (ironic given the circumstances of this post, I know), I merely agreed with the opinion he was presenting because I share the same frustration. Any opinion or perspective I've held has been my own and I have come to it independently; I do not relay others nor am I a puppet nor is my sharing a common gripe an attempt to 'assist ban-dodging.'

Re: 'dogpiling' - this refers to basically the idea that the five of us (the names aforementioned) have been planning what effectively amount to 'raids' to mess with the forums. We don't do this. There was a short period a few months back where, while casually talking about forum threads and trends, we came across behaviour we deemed ridiculous (as an example, one of the many times GamerKnight spazzed out) and all began posting in it at once; while we independently chose to do so without asking each other to 'get in on it,' the fact that all of us showed up at the same time with the same mindset amounted to a dogpiling effect. We were PMed to stop it or we would be banned. This is the only warning I have ever received from Toady. While our behaviour wasn't technically dogpiling as we were not doing so as part of any organized effort so much as acting simultaneously on the urge to respond, we understood how it came across and agreed to stop. Since then we have gone way out of our way to avoid posting in the same threads as each other at the same time lest we be accused of such again, and have similarly stopped the general messing around with people for humourous purposes that I in particular used to do quite a lot. Thus I maintain we are not dogpilers, despite what our habit of showing up at the same time may suggest.

I can't access my PMs anymore, but my (brief) dialogue with Toady effectively amounted to him stating that I was nothing but a troll who was doing Dasleah's dirty work because I disagreed with the terms of Dasleah's original banning, and that he ignored the points in the thread I made some time ago because of the hypocrisy inherent in what he believed to be a troll trying to suggest changes for the better in a forum. I maintain that while I've several times disrupted a thread while having some fun, or enjoyed pointing out someone's mistakes a little more than I should, I am not a troll, though I have been unable to convince Toady of such; the one thing I stressed above all in our brief conversation was that I am not Dasleah nor do I act on his behalf nor does he ask or desire me to. Evidently in light of recent events he did not believe that either.

Apologies again for bandodging in order to explain that I wasn't trying to help Dasleah bandodge; it's ridiculous and hypocritical, I know. This is the only post I'm making before I log out and ditch this account. If you'd like to ignore this on the grounds that I'm clearly disregarding my ban to post it, that's understandable. I know the ban won't be overturned, nor does it really bother me (as undeserved as it was) since I was moving on anyhow, but I think it's very important that the facts are not misrepresented: Nobody relayed anything for anyone. Furthermore, none of my gripes are with Toady on a personal level, merely his administration style.

If anyone wants to contact me for any reason, I'm frequently in #bay12games on NewNet as Retro (formerly the official irc channel, though now independent as Toady cut ties with us a while back), and will continue to hang out there despite no longer being part of the forums. I'll warn you now that you shouldn't repost or paraphrase me from IRC as I'm now a banned forum member, and I assume it's clear enough by now that relaying is something I'm rather strongly against. Since I suppose this is the last thing I'll say on the forums, I'll add that I did enjoy conversing with many of you as well as running my two games, and that I hope things work out better around here in the time to come.

Cheers,
Retro

(and no, I'm not pathos)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #28237 on: April 19, 2011, 06:41:35 am »

Last night I was gonna do stuff with my bro, but my sister had to use the computer. By the time she was done I kinda fell asleep. I hate waking up in the morning to knowing I left my bro hangin', especially when he seemed to be in a bad ways that night.

Speaking of bro's, a friend of mine has gone through a lot of emotional turmoil recently and because of the nature of the problems has turned to me out of our little group of 4 people to talk to.

Sadly, I'm a lot newer to the group, barely knowing them for a year and that's only been seeing them once a week whilst the other three have known each other for at least 3 years having gone to the same school a lot.

The thing I feel bad about is that I feel I did a rubbish job, I got the impression he was worse off after I talked to him and just gave him more questions than answers.

T^T
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28238 on: April 19, 2011, 06:49:48 am »

Well, as I've said, I'm sorry for the ban. You were nice to talk to. You've given me incentive to hop on the IRC channel.

I'm glad that you've cleared that up, and maybe it's time I restate something: I don't agree with the ban in itself, but have pointed out that it's made on a valid reason. That doesn't mean the reason is actually real; Who knows; Toady may simply dislike Dasleah to the point of extending the dislike to others whom he finds associated with him. This is all speculation, anyway. It's not like anyone's gonna post all the PM exchanges between everyone somewhere so some semblance to the real thread of events can be gleamed in an arguably unbiased manner.

Point is, Toady's forum, Toady's rules. There's not much to do about that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28239 on: April 19, 2011, 07:12:13 am »

Well, this is quite the sad happening today.
Thanks for trying to clear stuff up, Retro, even if it might not help.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28240 on: April 19, 2011, 07:13:04 am »

Poor Retro :(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #28241 on: April 19, 2011, 08:08:13 am »

Poor Retro :(
Alas, but I hardly knew him. Good luck in your further travels, dear friend.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28242 on: April 19, 2011, 08:10:01 am »

Poor Captian Mayday.

Who's going to make the Mayday tileset now?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28243 on: April 19, 2011, 08:11:14 am »

Damn I knew I heard that name before.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28244 on: April 19, 2011, 08:12:29 am »

He also does the Legendary Lands mod, and wrote Nist Akath, IIRC.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 ... 8167