Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1877 1878 [1879] 1880 1881 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486328 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28170 on: April 19, 2011, 03:18:01 am »

Whilst I really, really want to get all shouty and angry about the bannings, I can't help but see Toady as a reasonable man, so I'm going to assume this was a mistake on his part, because I agree with Dasleah for the most part, although I'm not in favor of his ban-dodging, and I'm shocked Toady would go so far as to ban the people who disagreed with his viewpoint in a reasonable way (I'm talking about Mayday and Retro here). Also, he straight up banned them. I'm just worried that Dasleah was right, that Toady would honestly go so far as to completely silence people expressing opinions the majority don't like, in a reasonable way or no. I'm sure he wasn't.

And can I just say, Toady, please. You work hard as it is and this forum and the newcomers it attracts affects your income, thought I can't really know how much. You don't have to take time out of your schedule to be the shit-sweeper here and two people simply can't moderate a forum of this size effectively. Get some moderators. You really need them.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #28171 on: April 19, 2011, 03:22:03 am »

This is not an isolated incident.  It has been ongoing for five months or so, with various warnings, private messages, etc.  If Dasleah wants to drag his friends into his crap, and they go along with it, that's their deal, but I'm not going to waste more of my time on them.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28172 on: April 19, 2011, 03:22:55 am »

Oh cmon.
Retro and Mayday too? What the hell is this shit?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28173 on: April 19, 2011, 03:23:38 am »

@Toady One:

Oh crap, I didn't know that. >_>
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28174 on: April 19, 2011, 03:23:48 am »

Well then yeah, I still disagree. But I'm pretty much unable to do anything so farewell to them, I suppose.

I still think you should take the time out to get some moderators. It'd probably prevent situations like this.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28175 on: April 19, 2011, 03:30:38 am »

This is not an isolated incident.  It has been ongoing for five months or so, with various warnings, private messages, etc.  If Dasleah wants to drag his friends into his crap, and they go along with it, that's their deal, but I'm not going to waste more of my time on them.

Drag along in what terms? Having an opinion about a situation? Nothing they have said or done warrants a perma ban from what I have read myself. They have not violated any rules. They have not incited trolling. They responded to derogatory comments by others with respect provided by facts. They didnt start the topics themselves, but replied to others.

I dont understand your thought process in this situation.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28176 on: April 19, 2011, 03:32:03 am »

It depends on what they have said in those PMs I guess.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28177 on: April 19, 2011, 03:33:25 am »

Do those PMs even exist?
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28178 on: April 19, 2011, 03:34:32 am »

Do those PMs even exist?

I don't know what to say to this.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28179 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:03 am »

I am sad that people were banned on these forums.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28180 on: April 19, 2011, 03:36:23 am »

I'm thinking of leaving the forums. I don't think I can, though, as these are my favourite forums.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28181 on: April 19, 2011, 03:36:35 am »

Jesus Christ.
Some people try to have a reasonable discussion, while others just come in for trolling,namecalling and derailing, but the first group gets banned? Seriously?

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28182 on: April 19, 2011, 03:37:46 am »

Do those PMs even exist?
* Something Evil applauds, then bitchslaps you.
Good to have you back, Pathos.

Toady did say something along the lines that the others who were in league with our nice troll would get theirs in due time, and Retro did mention the warnings, so this can be considered a repeated offense. If I remember right, carying on a banned individual's crusade on their behalf is against Rules of Conduct.

Jesus Christ.
Some people try to have a reasonable discussion, while others just come in for trolling,namecalling and derailing, but the first group gets banned? Seriously?
Retro and Mayday were the reasonable ones. The other two were either lunging at throats or all-out trolling.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28183 on: April 19, 2011, 03:38:51 am »

Toady did say something along the lines that the others who were in league with our nice troll would get theirs in due time, and Retro did mention the warnings, so this can be considered a repeated offense. If I remember right, carying on a banned individual's crusade on their behalf is against Rules of Conduct.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification, S_E
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28184 on: April 19, 2011, 03:41:37 am »

These were the ones I'm complaining about.

Seriously, by now it all seems like some sort of wicked dream...
This can't be happening. Not here.
Pages: 1 ... 1877 1878 [1879] 1880 1881 ... 8167