Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441784 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2805 on: February 17, 2010, 01:31:57 am »

I'm trying to get Janet to think back to whatever email she used, but I don't fucking know.

All I can think of is hammer steam support about it.

Hey Itnetlolor, you like picking on those guys at Support. Got any ideas?
Not really. Gather evidence, and save it.

In my case, it's a feud between me, my bank, and Steam. ...Still.

Simply:
-Steam overdrafted my bank account with fraud purchases (tiny amounts, but enough to screw up my bank account majorly, blended within massive bulk purchases (very uncharacteristic of me); but I calculated every purchase to prevent it from happening, thus my proof I needed to fight back. It was mentioned way back in this thread).
-Collected evidence of my bank account, receipts with Steam and bank, and sent it to both
-Problem fixed for a few weeks
-Suddenly, 3 cart's-worth of games (tallying to over 100$ in value) has been apparently removed from my credit report (according to Steam's claim), my bank account tells otherwise. If I recall correctly, I went step-by-step with the bank on the exact numbers to remove from my account I knew were fraudulent. This is according to Valve/Steam's claims.
-Before I encounter the bank, I'm trying to build up a safe buffer zone in my bank account in case I get ripped off by either party.

I'm still puzzled how about 20 bucks in fraudulent "purchases" on Valve's behalf using me as proxy, turned into me being the fraud of over 100 bucks of games.

I guess my only advice is to kindly ask for help regarding your account (provided you can give them proof of ownership). Speak in detail, and if you must, legally and verbally corner them into helping you. Wait. If no response within a few day (more than it normally takes for them to respond), make accusations wherever plausible (trolls, phishers, asshole employees at Valve). If you have a solid enough case, test the waters in lawsuit threats, those always make them freak out and respond ASAP, but only if the case is convincing enough to pin the blame on them (whether it's true or not; the lack of fear is what scares them; especially when a mountain of evidence is involved, and you carry a paranoid attitude, combined with rage.).

That's gotta suck nonetheless. I hope you have better luck than me regarding account revival. Did you get the "Your Steam account has been disabled" message? I'm still in that pit. However, I'm taking the weekend off so I won't be around from Thursday to Monday night. Visiting my brother out of town. I might not be able to take care of my account until then either.

Seems oddly appropriate anyway considering Ash Wednesday is tomorrow. Yay! Lent!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:41:50 am by Itnetlolor »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 17, 2010, 01:55:09 am »

Welcome back Oh Great Creator of the Penguins.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 17, 2010, 02:14:08 am »

Feeling like a failure because I'm so bad at math.  Need to spend more time studying and less time goofing off on forums.

At least I realized this before it was too late in the semester.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: February 17, 2010, 03:46:37 am »

This thread makes me sad, I wish I never posted in it then I could have ignored it.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 17, 2010, 04:59:02 am »

Playing Crimsonland on hardcore. Seriously, you either get a win-all weapon, or you get simultaneously ripped apart by the few hundred evil things which seem to be hunting you for no reason whatsoever.
Gotta wonder where the Secondlast human alive is.

I might livestream this game.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: February 17, 2010, 05:13:51 am »

I'm bored, alone, and have no one to talk to...

Maybe Ill just go cry in the corner...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: February 17, 2010, 05:35:08 am »

Maybe Ill just go cry in the corner...

You could try thinking about all the nice things that will happen soon/that have happened recently?  I don't know--I can't say anything for your situation--but that helps me a lot when I'm bored and lonely.  Even if the good things are really small, it makes things better when I can focus on them rather than on how much things suck in the present.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: February 17, 2010, 06:07:33 am »

You want sad?  I'll give you sad.  Welcome to my every day.  At least you've got those imaginary housemates to talk to.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: February 17, 2010, 06:09:31 am »

You want sad?  I'll give you sad.  Welcome to my every day.  At least you've got those imaginary housemates to talk to.

Remember when she said to stop doing that? And remember how she's in a rather unbalanced emotional state (what, you missed that?)?

Don't do that.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: February 17, 2010, 06:12:42 am »

I think he finally crossed the line and got into my ignore list.

I never did see what the rest of the board saw in him.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: February 17, 2010, 06:15:39 am »

Who, me?  Wha...  Oh.  Well, honestly, no I don't remember that, but I'll certainly take your word for it.  All the profuse apologies I can offer, I never thought there was any problem.  Hell, Janet, you we're always one of the best parts of the forum.

Except I guess you can't see any of this.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: February 17, 2010, 06:18:24 am »

Well, she can. Ignoring people basically spoilers posts. And I'm a sucker for spoilers, so I usually read half of the posts from someone I blocked. That said, it makes it easier to miss peoples posts.

Glad you apologized, anyway, even if it's not me who was, or needs to be, apologized to. Pay attention next time, anyway.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: February 17, 2010, 06:18:46 am »

Wait you can ignore people on this forum?

Not that I actually would, I'd be too paranoid about people talking about me and not being able to see what they wrote. >_>
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: February 17, 2010, 06:28:43 am »

God rilder is a ... heh.

Oh, and yeah, Aqizzar. She blocks often and haphazardly. Your best option is to not say anything to not make her feel bad in any way ever. But, We all still love her, so it's ok.

Gotta say though, Sofia never used to be like this. It must be because she's going through a tough time at the moment. I don't envy that...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: February 17, 2010, 06:32:12 am »

The fact is within two months I've had my psyche torn open and rearranged forcibly by trauma and medicine, nearly (Or did) suffer a heart attack ended up with kidney stones.

My mind and body are a mess and I'm having a hell of a time keeping it together.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 8167