Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443313 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27375 on: April 12, 2011, 12:45:00 pm »

You too? Got a shard in my foot again and my shirt's full of nosebleed.

I like that shirt D:

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27376 on: April 12, 2011, 12:55:23 pm »

All of the time I spent debating to no good end this afternoon when I could have been working on writing my book, or the assignment for college that is due in roughly two hours. That is what is making me sad.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27377 on: April 12, 2011, 12:59:59 pm »

I can't sleep because I'm almost constantly trying not to shit my pants.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27378 on: April 12, 2011, 01:10:14 pm »

Try sleeping while sitting on the toilet. While you might look like a stereotypical bum, that might help.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27379 on: April 12, 2011, 01:11:38 pm »

Try sleeping while sitting on the toilet. While you might look like a stereotypical bum, that might help.

This feat is more difficult than you might make it seem...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27380 on: April 12, 2011, 01:12:23 pm »

I would look like one if I fell asleep while holding a booze bottle and wearing torn cl-

*falls asleep with a booze bottle in one hand while wearing torn clothes*
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27381 on: April 12, 2011, 01:13:55 pm »

It's a bad day when our individual body parts are stereotyped...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27382 on: April 12, 2011, 02:55:01 pm »

My Mom's car stopped working last week and now I just learned somebody totaled my step-Dad's truck.  :\

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27383 on: April 12, 2011, 03:03:45 pm »

Anxiety is setting in again.
I'm worried about my chances at the univiversity and I'm not sure if I'm choosing the right direction.
I'm scared of failling and I'm angry that there hasn't been anybody to prepare me for this.
I'm not even sure where to turn to, for advice.

I still have half a year, but I already fear for my life :/

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27384 on: April 12, 2011, 03:19:55 pm »

Unfortunatedly, there's not much good advice on what to choose. Or at least, advice that will aid you to make a foolproof choice.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #27385 on: April 12, 2011, 03:23:01 pm »

I'm worried about my chances at the univiversity and I'm not sure if I'm choosing the right direction.
I'm scared of failling and I'm angry that there hasn't been anybody to prepare me for this.

Just keep your eyes open and be ready to change if it becomes clear you're making the wrong choice.  Don't jump ship every time you feel like you might be on the wrong path though, there's no escaping that rut once you're in it.
Shoes...

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #27386 on: April 12, 2011, 03:26:13 pm »

You are a teenager? right? you don't need direction yet. Just go for something you don't hate doing.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #27387 on: April 12, 2011, 03:32:10 pm »

There's a good chance that whatever direction you pick will end up being the right direction, especially if you allow yourself to change direction later on. What I'm saying is, "the right direction" is a much more mutable thing than it's often thought of being. It's not just one Golden Path to Prosperity and Happiness.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27388 on: April 12, 2011, 03:35:36 pm »

Well, all I can say is: at least we're in the same boat.

I've gotten so much more anxious since I started college... it feels like I never do anything at all for pleasure anymore, and whenever I'm just sitting around relaxing I feel guilty.  Or when I'm doing easier classwork instead of getting right on the hard stuff, I feel guilty.  Or when I'm sitting on the bus without having one of my readings out, I feel--you guessed it--guilty.

I end up feeling like an uneducated idiot much of the time, because I hardly know anything about anything, I'm behind in one of my classes, I may end up having to retake a couple of classes and goodness knows that that's ridiculous...

Dammit, I miss the time when I felt like my knowledge level was not directly correlated to my societal worth, and that I had value as a person outside of my ability to argue esoterica that no one cares about outside of a status symbol.  I'd like to learn for the sake of learning, rather than learning to make a grade or learning to escape some fear of judgment or learning because I want to escape the stereotypical female fear of mathematics.  I love math.  Sort of.  I still want to be a professor of some stripe.  Sort of.  My cousin is currently studying to be an anthropologist... another is working to become a philosopher or poet.  As for me, I'm just sitting here being stupid.  I'll probably end up fulfilling the grand social role of being someone's terrible snarky wife, and someone's dissatisfied, angry mother.  Whoopie-dip.  We all know how much everyone values that career option.

And I can't cut the feeling that someone other than me deserves this education a lot more.  Someone who would work harder, be smarter, be more valuable to society instead of yet another damnable idiot who can't figure out her priorities.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27389 on: April 12, 2011, 03:41:07 pm »

Vector, doodabuddy, I think you need to get more sleep and chill a bit.

On the other hand, they say insanity does drive people to greatness. ^_^

Meanwhile, I am unemployed again, I think I've got some sort of pinched, and I feel like crap because I just wasted a whole day accomplishing nothing.

BUT despite the pain leaving me on the verge of crying a couple time, I went for a bike ride which cheered me up and now I'm going to host an RP so maybe it is not all bad.
Pages: 1 ... 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 ... 8167