Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1813 1814 [1815] 1816 1817 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443017 times)

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27210 on: April 11, 2011, 01:17:42 am »

BAHAHA, EVIL PLAN SUCCEEDED. WHILE I WAS SQUANDERING YOUR VALUABLE, VALUABLE TIME, CD WAS RUNNING FOR HIS ASS LIFE.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27211 on: April 11, 2011, 01:20:00 am »

Now you're just  pissing me off dude >_>

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #27212 on: April 11, 2011, 01:20:59 am »

Short temper? Chill moar plx.

Also, on that note, I am stressed out. Going to school in 20 min for a big test and haven't met up for a month. x_x

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27213 on: April 11, 2011, 01:22:19 am »

Short temper? Chill moar plx.

Also, on that note, I am stressed out. Going to school in 20 min for a big test and haven't met up for a month. x_x
Hes leading me on to nothing, just give me a answer so i can sleep for school.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27214 on: April 11, 2011, 01:24:00 am »

:D

Actually I was thinking you were someone else when I said that, although you kind of seem to be defensive about everything right now. Take Nine's advice and chill, bro.  :)

*Goes off Humming* "Don't worry... Be happy."

"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27215 on: April 11, 2011, 01:24:35 am »

The alarming frequency which people seem to joke about rape, but oh no! Because it's such a fucking hilarious topic..
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27216 on: April 11, 2011, 01:26:00 am »

*breathes*
Alright then, i'll just go off meditating, still would like a answer.

The alarming frequency which people seem to joke about rape, but oh no! Because it's such a fucking hilarious topic..
i hope to god you never come into the rec room ever.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27217 on: April 11, 2011, 01:27:14 am »

Hes leading me on to nothing

I think it's evident I am still not taking you seriously.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #27218 on: April 11, 2011, 01:27:31 am »

Being a victim of what I call self-caused rape(complicated and not a thing I like talking too much about) I find great comfort in jokes about rape, it's all about the contect and not the subject. In the right contexts, everything can be funny.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #27219 on: April 11, 2011, 01:29:41 am »

It's the same reason people joke about Hitler.  Humor is a basic coping mechanism for uncomfortable thoughts and audacity is humorous, so long as it's not taken seriously.

Granted, I just now glanced at this thread and don't have time to read back for enough to get the context... but generally this is the explanation, if not always a good excuse.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27220 on: April 11, 2011, 01:31:07 am »

Being a victim of what I call self-caused rape(complicated and not a thing I like talking too much about) I find great comfort in jokes about rape, it's all about the contect and not the subject. In the right contexts, everything can be funny.
You do realize there are serious implications to the mind on those type of discussions?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27221 on: April 11, 2011, 01:33:03 am »

It's MoM, there generally isn't much context to be had aside from the usual with her. Slightly crummy neighborhood paired with people issues.

And one sort of needs to understand that people joking around are not trying to take jabs at you. It's a serious topic sure, but one shouldn't be personally offended by comments not directed at ones self. I would be throttling several people making dog jokes then.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #27222 on: April 11, 2011, 01:34:15 am »

You do realize there are serious implications to the mind on those type of discussions?
You're gonna have to explain that in some other way because it makes no sense no matter how many times I read it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27223 on: April 11, 2011, 01:34:25 am »

It's more the nausea/suicidal thought inducing flashbacks than the jokes themselves.
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27224 on: April 11, 2011, 01:37:29 am »

You're gonna have to explain that in some other way because it makes no sense no matter how many times I read it.
I can't explain it that well, in psychology terms the brain starts to "slow down" during these conversations. Its a hidden discussion and im trying to dig it up right now.
Pages: 1 ... 1813 1814 [1815] 1816 1817 ... 8167