Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438506 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2715 on: February 15, 2010, 01:25:38 am »

Just in case, I find that System Restore is remarkably useful for these kinds of things.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: February 15, 2010, 01:32:26 am »

I actually didn't think of that.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: February 15, 2010, 01:33:36 am »

You're too honest, that's your problem.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: February 15, 2010, 01:42:17 am »

Jesus, believe it. I actually had the chance to avert this before this started. He asked if I knew the password. I did and I told him, because I couldn't bring myself to lie.

Going behind his back? Totally different.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, in religion (AKA a subject I lost interest in last year and so far there's been no concrete evidence that interest is ever coming back), one side of the class was talking. The teacher, deciding to TAKE CHARGE (yes in all caps) made the entire class stop work and copy out a fairly info-heavy couple of pages in our text-books in ten minutes or we'd get detentions. This was in class, not in a detention, and we were specifically there to learn, not to fuck around by copying information that was right in front of us, for no discernible reason. I didn't finish, and I am not showing up for the detention, that's for fucking sure. If she wants to punish me for not wanting to not learn then she can go to hell and give them my regards when she gets there.

I plan to bring this up when she calls me out on not turning up for the detention. Hopefully this'll end in her feeling silly, but there's some magic power teachers have that let them ignore the facts and instead focus on the fact some punk kid's saying something out of line, so my chances don't look good.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:43:48 am by Jackrabbit »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: February 15, 2010, 02:44:06 am »

Wait, did Armok want you to give him some way to email your parents?

For the love of all that is holy, do not allow that to happen.
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: February 15, 2010, 02:46:48 am »

Are you kidding me? I'd rather eat a large English Breakfast and go hiking.

Hell yes I'd rather.

But yeah. Thanks for the sentiment Armok, but we're not exactly friends and the day I give you the ability to talk to my IRL friends and family is the day you can put me to bed with a shovel.

EDIT: APPARENTLY THE THING DOES CENSOR THE WEB. Fucking hell, this day has been mildly disappointing from start to finish.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:53:05 am by Jackrabbit »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: February 15, 2010, 02:59:59 am »

At least it only blocks it. My brother got one that logs the blocked sites and emails them daily to my parents. He received no notice of this, and the blocking message is the same one we get when a site is down. Poor bugger never had a chance with that web history.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: February 15, 2010, 03:58:42 am »

I've talked him into taking it off one computer. We're halfway there.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: February 15, 2010, 05:06:04 am »

I began playing Transcendence, again.
I was about to kill this one warlord guy, but I was low on fuel, so I hit F1 to see how to refuel. I was pretty sure I had the refueling rods, so I hit S so I can use them, but nothing happened... I began to turn around so I can refuel at a station. Then my fuel ran out. : (

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: February 15, 2010, 05:29:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: February 15, 2010, 05:46:06 am »

I am currently enraged.

*clicks More Info*

Vector is no longer enraged!  Vector is extremely sleepy.  Vector has been held.  Vector is warm.

Vector almost drowned once when she was very little.  Vector's mother forced her to put her face in bowls of water in the name of "not being afraid of water anymore."  That made everything much worse.  For years, she had trouble with simple things like taking showers because they were too scary.  Her mother can blame anything on Vector being too weak.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: February 15, 2010, 05:56:28 am »

I hate it when that happens. You never quite know what you did wrong.

Oh. Janet's back. That's actually a good thing. I don't know why I'm putting it in the sad thread, but, whatever.

Also. I recently realised that a steampipe got blocked at home over the weekend. I think that someone recently blocked it it because of a problem with the flow, but now it's up to me to fix it. Geez. I reckon It would have been all good if we'd have left it, But noooo. Now I have to unblock the fucking steampipe. It would have been way easier to just buy a fucking tap. My parents are cheapskates.

Also. JR's internet cuts out at nine ten. Daamn.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 06:04:22 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: February 15, 2010, 06:46:39 am »

No no. I fixed it. I told you this.

Wow, I hope you don't take it personally when I say I don't like your mother, vector.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: February 15, 2010, 06:51:13 am »

Wrong thread.  Great going, leafsnail.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:23:10 am by Leafsnail »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: February 15, 2010, 11:10:18 am »

we're not exactly friends
This made me sad. :(
Vector is no longer enraged!  Vector is extremely sleepy.  Vector has been held.  Vector is warm.

Vector almost drowned once when she was very little.  Vector's mother forced her to put her face in bowls of water in the name of "not being afraid of water anymore."  That made everything much worse.  For years, she had trouble with simple things like taking showers because they were too scary.  Her mother can blame anything on Vector being too weak.
Can you tell your mother form me that she's a narrow minded ******* *********** and that she'd better show you some ********* respect or I'll ***** ********* ******* her ***** ********************** ******?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 8167