Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461086 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26910 on: April 07, 2011, 10:32:16 pm »

Dangitall, I was playing Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising for most of the day, and I made a lot of progress through this one hard mission. All day, on one mission.

Then BOOM, game resets for no reason, and I lose all my data. DAMN! Maybe I'm spoiled, but I HATE games that don't have an auto-save feature nowadays.

The reason I loved both the Fire Emblem games on the GBA SP was that they auto-saved every single turn! Every single one! It made the game a little frustrating at times, but atleast I never lost a whole day's worth of progress!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26911 on: April 07, 2011, 10:34:59 pm »

Actually they saved on game exit. So even if you turn off the GBA, the game would continue from there.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26912 on: April 08, 2011, 01:07:35 am »

*yawwwwwn*

Bedtime for Vector.  I didn't even manage to get most of this homework done, but at least I'll be getting up bright and early tomorrow morning to do it.  Today was pretty productive, too.  Studied/studying for my Russian quiz, did one math homework, did a rhetoric reading, did part of another math homework, argued a little about stuff I cared about, ate adequately, going to bed early, and I managed to talk to my mother a couple of times.

Tomorrow, I'll work harder to do even more amazing stuff.  Go go go~!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #26913 on: April 08, 2011, 03:18:09 am »

I like to play a game I call How Long Can I Make This Paragraph.

When I play everyone loses.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26914 on: April 08, 2011, 03:19:33 am »

Bleh.

I just got my first galactic sized challenge in sword of the stars, the peace keepers came. I fought them twice, both times they dismantled my fleet with little more then a scratch or two to their paint job. Suddenly all my once enemies were begging for friendship and I was doing the same under their glare. This was a really bad time too, as I had just prepped a fleet to take back one of my worlds form a nearby civilization.

But I still thought this was pretty awesome, after all, a galactic challenge? Sweet.

So I spent five years researching the right type of ship (the peace keepers attack as just one huge ship with a weapon that can kill anything in pretty much one hit) and then another 25 year making a giant swarm of tiny ships with most weapons stripped away to make room for one giant laser. I had to spread this fleet over five star systems to make sure that I did not attract the attention of the peace keepers, but finally it was ready.

I brought in all my giant laser ships, so many ships that they alone dwarfed all my other fleets combined, to my home world so they could fight with what is most likely the most powerful planet defenses in the galaxy. Then I waited for a year. And another year. And another year. After five years I was worrying, as I had surpassed the limit they put on ships many many times over, so where the hell were they? Eventually I sent my fleet halfway across the galaxy, all the way to the core, to see if maybe the peace keepers were just not seeing them.

Now, this fleet of peace keeper killers has been flying though the core (where the peace keepers first showed up) for 20 years without a single sighting of the peace keepers anywhere.

Fuck.

I am starting to wonder if someone else killed them somehow. How sad would that be? The laser ships are not ‘worthless’ but for that much money and resources I could think of quite a few other things I would want rather then them if I do not need to fight the peace keepers.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26915 on: April 08, 2011, 09:09:49 am »

Why does nobody play chess nowadays?

We have a chessboard at work, but all my coworkers care for, is that stupid table soccer.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26916 on: April 08, 2011, 09:10:55 am »

My ip adress is randomly changing. I'm not sad, just slightly concerned.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26917 on: April 08, 2011, 09:13:28 am »

Dynamic IP, maybe?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26918 on: April 08, 2011, 09:16:56 am »

My neighbor's have a dachshund-ish dog named Max.  I don't know why they got him, but it may have something to do with holding him for someone else or something.  They had a big pitbull a while back, but the city took it because it just sat outside barking its head off all day and night.  Max doesn't get much better treatment it seems, since he's always hanging around outside my house, playing a little rough with my dogs and munching down any food I give him.

Today I looked out on the back porch, and saw Max, and saw Max.  Apparently, for God knows what reason, the neighbors got another dog almost exactly like him.  "Oh fuck no, this is not going to stand," I think to myself.  But then I remember that they're just a couple little dogs, and they look happy enough sleeping out there.  I thought about putting some food out, but I'm almost out anyway.

Then, ten minutes later and about twenty minutes ago, the new dog got crushed by a car in front of my house.  Max was still hanging around back, as happy as he ever is.

I don't believe in looking back on the past, and thinking about minor things you could have done differently to save someone's life.  And it is just a dog that I'd never seen before, with some rather neglectful owners.  But... fuck... I was literally right there, deciding whether or not to do... something... that I guess might have distracted it for ten minutes?  Hell, it was going to run around in the street at some point, I've seen it before with other dogs.  But damn.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #26919 on: April 08, 2011, 09:24:12 am »

My neighbor's have a dachshund-ish dog named Max.  I don't know why they got him, but it may have something to do with holding him for someone else or something.  They had a big pitbull a while back, but the city took it because it just sat outside barking its head off all day and night.  Max doesn't get much better treatment it seems, since he's always hanging around outside my house, playing a little rough with my dogs and munching down any food I give him.

Today I looked out on the back porch, and saw Max, and saw Max.  Apparently, for God knows what reason, the neighbors got another dog almost exactly like him.  "Oh fuck no, this is not going to stand," I think to myself.  But then I remember that they're just a couple little dogs, and they look happy enough sleeping out there.  I thought about putting some food out, but I'm almost out anyway.

Then, ten minutes later and about twenty minutes ago, the new dog got crushed by a car in front of my house.  Max was still hanging around back, as happy as he ever is.

I don't believe in looking back on the past, and thinking about minor things you could have done differently to save someone's life.  And it is just a dog that I'd never seen before, with some rather neglectful owners.  But... fuck... I was literally right there, deciding whether or not to do... something... that I guess might have distracted it for ten minutes?  Hell, it was going to run around in the street at some point, I've seen it before with other dogs.  But damn.

That sucks :/ Was it lucky enough not to hurt, atleast for long?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26920 on: April 08, 2011, 09:26:02 am »

Not to revel in the details, but judging by the streak on the concrete, I'm pretty sure he was instantly pulped.

He was pretty shy and wouldn't let me pet him, but he seemed like a calmer version of Max.  Poor little guy.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26921 on: April 08, 2011, 09:28:15 am »

D:

All there is to say really.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #26922 on: April 08, 2011, 09:30:55 am »

It's strange to understand, but this is a thing dogs do often and I somehow think they're aware of it, these are highly aware creaturs with awesome smell and hearing, cars smell and make tons of noise. I don't know you, you might feel it come across the wrong way if so I apologize, but this video is on case and might make you smile a bit or make you feel better.

Edit: Gave wrong link!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26923 on: April 08, 2011, 09:39:02 am »

Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the neighbors and Max and the dog of course, and certainly I've got a pit in my stomach.  But so it goes.  I've seen a lot of dogs act like that.  A labrador that loved to lay in the street waiting for cars to honk at it and then run to the porch; a papillon that decided on a whim to start dancing in the street after 12 years of sitting quietly on the porch; my mother's pom that for the longest time would just slowly try to walk away from the house and then look real confused when you stopped him.  The one thing I know about owning pets is that they really do sit around thinking about things, but it's impossible to understand what the Hell they might think is a good idea.

I'm familiar with pretty much every skit George Carlin ever did.  It feels crass to not feel bad about the dog and whatever minor role I kinda sorta played in its death, but honestly, I'm sitting here not really sure if I'm forcing myself to feel bad about or wondering why or what.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26924 on: April 08, 2011, 09:48:27 am »

my mother's pom that for the longest time would just slowly try to walk away from the house and then look real confused when you stopped him

I misread the highlighted word (in particular, I thought the m was a r and an n). And was really confused.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 ... 8167