Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1771 1772 [1773] 1774 1775 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429662 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26580 on: April 04, 2011, 09:45:21 pm »

Hey, I'm late to the party, but weights and stuff.
Five foot ten and one-hundred and thirty-six pounds.
I've been losing weight too fast without putting it back on as muscle.

Meanwhile, in Japan, the term for someone who is a blind follower is a 'horse's ass.'
I mention this because for fuck's sake, my best friend is killing himself and won't listen to reason.
Take a fucking break, man.
You are not setting yourself up for success.
Take that attitude with you to college and you will drop out.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26581 on: April 04, 2011, 09:51:31 pm »

I'm 120-odd kilos (~250lb) and about 6'. Neither extreme is very much fun.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26582 on: April 04, 2011, 09:53:34 pm »

I have never before in my life had to come into work on a project outside of class when time in class was allowed for working on it. It's not a pleasant situation to have to devote more of my free time to the class than I spend in its listed hours, which I believe I will have done after tonight. Taking fucking metalsmithing was the worst class choice I've ever made, but since I have made it 7 semesters without a single drop, I am not going to fuck up the record now. I'll just have to tough through it (also I don't think I can drop it at this point in the semester; I would just get an F).

EDIT: To clarify, I mean more of my free time is being spent working in the actual classroom (because I don't have soldering equipment at my apartment, etc). It wouldn't be very bad at all if I could do it at home.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:56:39 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26583 on: April 04, 2011, 10:04:57 pm »

EDIT: I've solved the problem. It's extraordinarily stupid, but it's at least feasable.

I hope it involves a million zombie hamsters on wheels.

Damn, why didn't I think of that? In fact I think about everything could be improved by the addition of a million zombie hamsters on wheels.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #26584 on: April 04, 2011, 10:12:25 pm »

Last time this happened, I ended up on a crash diet and going down to 104 pounds.  It wasn't the most entertaining.

Of course, I feel like a prick for mentioning this when I weigh about 150% of MoM, but whatever.  Maybe I should just stop talking about it before my conscious tries to jump out of my throat and kill me.
This thread is big enough for the both of you, plus everyone else. Don't keep your sad inside because someone else's is bigger. Or smaller, as the case may be. Speaking of which, my knight gland has gone errant. To the PM box, Barbarossa!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26585 on: April 04, 2011, 11:18:07 pm »

Had my father drive me to work. 20 minutes of throwing around guilt.

Way to go, dad! Make it worse...
I feel like crying now.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26586 on: April 05, 2011, 12:58:11 am »

Can't really force you guys to eat more, i can point to foods that can keep your body maintained without having it piled up on your plate.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26587 on: April 05, 2011, 01:09:57 am »

I think spending a sedentary Winter has taken a toll on my health. While helping my friends move in this afternoon, I felt terribly out of shape; sure, I was carrying boxes upon boxes of metal cookware up 3 stories, but it shouldn't have been that bad.

Additionally, over the last few days, I've been getting a weird discomfort under the top half of my sternum/at the bottom of my throat. I can't tell if it's cardiovascular or respiratory, but it's not like a sore throat at all. It's just sort of stiff and sore-feeling internally. I don't really feel it unless I am breathing deeply or my heart is beating heavily, but it's very strange. It's much fainter than it was now, but it feels unhealthy, and I can't identify what it is. Health insurance would be a wonderful thing right now, as I'd really like to have a physical more often than every 5 years, not to mention a new pair of glasses or a dental exam.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #26588 on: April 05, 2011, 01:27:09 am »

I am not a doctor, but I'll try and help anyhow. I have experienced a similar feeling, though it generally covers most of my sternum, not just the top.

After I run for longer than I normally do (10 miles or so is about the threshold) or if I'm breathing extraordinarily hard. Some common examples other than at the end of a long run are after running the 1600m or 3200m race, both of which require some crazy breathing, or after a session of playing my Baritone Horn. After talking to a physician, I found that it is because I have a relatively narrow torso and I naturally have a lower lung capacity because of this. When you breathe, your ribs expand outwards to accommodate the expansion of the lungs. To do this, the joints where your ribs meet your sternum flex slightly. Because I've developed my lungs quite a bit with all my running and low-brass-instrument playing, my joints flex slightly more than normal. It's not life threatening, but it isn't normal. Generally your joints there don't flex as much as mine do, and it screws with some muscles in the area. Because of the tasks that I do that cause this, my heart is generally beating quickly and I'm breathing heavily, so that's another parallel with you.

Again, I'm not a doctor. This is just a story of a man who also has an occasionally stiff and sore feeling sternum at times after exercising.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26589 on: April 05, 2011, 01:48:12 am »

Is needing to spit after heavy exertion normal? I do some exercise, and I get this spit in my throat that is hot and bad.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26590 on: April 05, 2011, 01:51:55 am »

Is needing to spit after heavy exertion normal? I do some exercise, and I get this spit in my throat that is hot and bad.
Ah that, its build up mucus to protect your throat getting raw which pretty much you choke on, its normal and gargle it out with water.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26591 on: April 05, 2011, 02:07:43 am »

Apart from work, I didn't get a damned thing done today. :(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26592 on: April 05, 2011, 02:08:53 am »

What would you need to get done?
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26593 on: April 05, 2011, 02:42:02 am »

Got flung across the inside in the back of the ambulance.
Lucky I have much experience in falling. Only my wrist hurts.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26594 on: April 05, 2011, 03:44:11 am »

I have a surprisingly painful ulcer on one side of my mouth and an infected cut on the other.

I think I'll skip dinner tonight.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 1771 1772 [1773] 1774 1775 ... 8167