Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1767 1768 [1769] 1770 1771 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434236 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26520 on: April 04, 2011, 12:18:18 pm »

Ochita, you forgot the times between the brackets...
Where we are going, we don't need *
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26521 on: April 04, 2011, 12:18:35 pm »

Ochita, you forgot the times between the brackets...

They're unnecessary once you leave elementary algebra.

Also, they were definitely DDoS'd by Russia.  *siiiiiigh*  I say DDoS'd by all of Russia because it is funnier, not because I think it is true.  Anyway, it was someone from the Russian side of Livejournal.

I am pretty sure you don't need one. Maybe.

At any rate, this subject both horrifies me and fascinates me.

I'll send you a link, too, once I'm farther along >_>  I can't say it's great writing, but at least it gets the job done.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #26522 on: April 04, 2011, 12:19:31 pm »

That's it, I eat a lot like more than most people :/ I'm always on seconds at least and ravenouse most of the day.

Have you checked for intestinal parasites? Do you have cancer? Or a metabolic disorder? Do you have a healthy balanced diet including fruits, vegetables, grains, meat and dairy?

Try not to take this badly, but 120lbs at 6ft 5in is so incredibly thin that I have to assume it is either deliberate, or the result of some medical condition.

Medical condition of having a metabilisum so effective it's probably knocing a couple of years off my life, or something stupid like that :/

I've not got any parasites, cancers a little harder but I do not think so. I'm going with the third but nothing concreate has been found yet.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26523 on: April 04, 2011, 12:20:52 pm »

I probably don't want to know, but:
What job?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26524 on: April 04, 2011, 12:21:21 pm »

I would like to see this slash, if only for the mathematical terms.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26525 on: April 04, 2011, 12:43:33 pm »

I probably don't want to know, but:
What job?

Well, presumably, my entertainment and trolling of a bunch of women who think they're going to find some sort of "true love" in my writing, rather than what amounts to a torrent of Things Going Rather Badly.

What, did they click on it because it said "genre: romance" and expect something other than people being exceptionally nasty to each other (and occasionally rather nice)?  Wrong author, bubbo :I  I don't write fluffy stories where everyone can always solve all of their math problems, and everyone always has perfect children, and the arguments are trivial and no one ever goes for the throat.  I don't write about ladies being "manly" at no cost to themselves, or about strings-free relationships.

I write what I know, and that's it.  Hurmph.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26526 on: April 04, 2011, 12:51:23 pm »

Urgh.. Kiki isn't well, and Yumi won't be home for a few hours
*Hugs*

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26527 on: April 04, 2011, 01:13:41 pm »

Huh, makes me want to write again.
It was always "Well done, but you could have smoothened the rough edges", for me in school.
But I like my rough edges :/

Let's see if University will offer some interesting topics to write about.
Actually I planned on writing articles for a friends website, but he had given up on that project some time ago.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26528 on: April 04, 2011, 01:32:26 pm »

That's it, I eat a lot like more than most people :/ I'm always on seconds at least and ravenouse most of the day.

Have you checked for intestinal parasites? Do you have cancer? Or a metabolic disorder? Do you have a healthy balanced diet including fruits, vegetables, grains, meat and dairy?

Try not to take this badly, but 120lbs at 6ft 5in is so incredibly thin that I have to assume it is either deliberate, or the result of some medical condition.

Medical condition of having a metabilisum so effective it's probably knocing a couple of years off my life, or something stupid like that :/

I've not got any parasites, cancers a little harder but I do not think so. I'm going with the third but nothing concreate has been found yet.

Have they looked into something like Marfan's? I was diagnosed years back as "Marfanoid", meaning that I had some of the characteristics, but not all. That was back before they could sequence chunks of your genome and determine for sure. Now they're not sure if it's a mild case of Marfan's or EDS.

But anyways...Marfan's could explain the big height/weight differential. If you have some of the other symptoms (particualrly the joint hyperflexability and whatnot), definitely see a doctor to look into the possibility. The #1 cause of death for folks with Marfan's is aortic root seperation, which is preventable if you monitor the condition.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26529 on: April 04, 2011, 01:39:59 pm »

It was always "Well done, but you could have smoothened the rough edges", for me in school.

For me, they always complained because I never wrote anything with plot >_>  I just didn't get it.  That's why I'm writing fanfic, now... I'm pretty good for characterization and description, and theme (nowadays >_>), but my plot development was just mind-blowingly awful.  I think it's getting better, though.

And hey, LJ is coming back up!  I should be able to finish editing my fourth chapter by the time I get back home :3

Also, the girl next to me practicing her French accent is kind of terrible.  I want to run up to her and shout "Nasalize!  And start skipping the right vowels!"

But alas, I cannot, because that would be rude.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26530 on: April 04, 2011, 01:43:02 pm »

You could always be a conscientious neighbor and offer to help.  Obviously, the conversation shouldn't start with "Isn't that cute?  But it's wrong!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26531 on: April 04, 2011, 01:44:03 pm »

You could always be a conscientious neighbor and offer to help.  Obviously, the conversation shouldn't start with "Isn't that cute?  But it's wrong!"

I would, but I think she's doing recorded work for a phonetics class--and it would be rude.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26532 on: April 04, 2011, 01:45:35 pm »

Also, the girl next to me practicing her French accent is kind of terrible.  I want to run up to her and shout "Nasalize!  And start skipping the right vowels!"

But it would make for an awesome (seeming) non-sequitur.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26533 on: April 04, 2011, 01:50:22 pm »

Mais c'est c'mment les Français parlent.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26534 on: April 04, 2011, 01:51:47 pm »

It isn't imminent the french talk?
Pages: 1 ... 1767 1768 [1769] 1770 1771 ... 8167