Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443344 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2610 on: February 10, 2010, 02:20:33 pm »

Don't try to force yourself to feel sad about it. If you can't, you can't. It's not abnormal, I didn't cry when my aunt died, even though one of the last things she asked was to be remembered to me.

florian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: February 10, 2010, 08:07:01 pm »

I passed out in the middle of class today. :(
Hurt my head pretty badly because of a sudden contact with hard floor.
Now I'm in constant pain.
It happened before. 5 months ago. Doctors didn't find anything, or they are just so stupid and lazy that they decided a 16 year old can just go and die. And I'm expecting just that. Diagnosis is nowhere to be found, and it is getting worse. Dying as a teenager would certainly suck
I passed out in biology once. Fun times. I really don't like needles.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2612 on: February 11, 2010, 01:42:24 am »

Discovery Channel ran a tribute clip to one of the captains on Deadliest Catch. The ailment finally got him.

We will miss you Phil.

Kinda bummed me out for a good portion of the day.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: February 11, 2010, 08:14:22 am »

Discovery Channel ran a tribute clip to one of the captains on Deadliest Catch. The ailment finally got him.

We will miss you Phil.

Kinda bummed me out for a good portion of the day.

Shit. Damn I thought he was getting better.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: February 11, 2010, 12:30:35 pm »

soooooo, it turns out I have yet another middleear infection

the second in two years

my, isn't that lovely

my hearing minimum has already dropped from the already terrible 40 decibel to about 45 during the last year, and now I get YET ANOTHER infection

sometimes I believe the universe just wants me to go deaf
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: February 11, 2010, 12:37:25 pm »

Sorry to hear that Akroma. Do you grind your teeth alot?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: February 11, 2010, 12:40:30 pm »

how exactly is grinding teeth related to the situation ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: February 11, 2010, 12:43:31 pm »

The exact logical process escapes me, but it's sort've like how I figured out that Aqizzar talks to himself just by reading one of his rants.

EDIT: Just curious, is what I'm trying to say.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:46:51 pm by JoshuaFH »

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: February 11, 2010, 07:26:56 pm »

Had to buy and install a new Power Box-thingy for my computer today. Had a neighbors house catch on fire and take out the neighborhoods power. According to my Brother, some dude came by the house to get it back online, and apparently he missed the "Turn off the Feed to the House before you screw with the Meter" day of school. The house power was shut off and  snapped back on no less than 8 times, ruining a television, a fridge, and nearly ruining my new computer.

Seeing if I can't get Insurance to take care of things, but if it's my brothers word against this guys, he might be able to say the fire taking out the electricity was what did it.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: February 11, 2010, 07:28:38 pm »

I made an anti-aliased sprite and a non-anti-aliased sprite. I decided that they didn't match together and blurred the other one in Photoshop. I then spend more than a day making an alpha mask for it so I can see how it fits together in GameMaker.
The mask isn't working!  The mask isn't covering up the purple part around it's edges and it shows the purple background of the sprite when it's not transparent! D: It's covering the other sprite behind it well enough. The other sprite, by the way, has a mask which is working. :( Also the soda I spilled on the laptop washed away the keys' lube, which makes typing difficult and the space bar REALLY SENSITIVE! :(
Window's Messanger also refuses to open.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 07:36:27 pm by Jack_Bread »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: February 11, 2010, 09:55:53 pm »

I got trolled on Facebook.

One of my facebook friends listed his top ten songs.  Number one was by Boys like Girls, and number two was by Justin Bieber.

I told him he needed to listen to some metal.

He said metal was for sissies, with Boys like Girls and Justin Bieber on his playlist.

I FFFFFFUUUUUUUU'd
Shoes...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: February 11, 2010, 09:58:50 pm »

I failed a Spanish Quiz.
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2622 on: February 12, 2010, 12:02:11 am »

Trying to settle things, still, with Valve about my account; but in order to feel secure enough in case I lose a lump sum from my bank account (just in case I DO get charged for what they claim (which I made sure to avoid) happened, when I get around to it. Something to do with me canceling 3 cart's-worth of games from my account, which I did NOT do; but can't convince them anyway, even with my mountain of evidence.) I'm trying to save up and earn as much as quickly as possible so I won't overdraft on any payback, provided worst-case scenario.

Now here's the bummer... How is it that anytime I need money, or have a possible debt to pay off ASAP, everyone needs money from me? I'm not kidding, I need a safe zone, and I'm paying off all gas refills to my car, and restocking the food in the house; which much of it (especially the car) I'm not using. I can't get anything done (which requires my funding) because everyone else doesn't have money. This is why I hate being generous and/or overall nice. Because whenever I'm broke, everyone still needs money from me, and I'm not a bank.

However, I'm going to start charging interest on paybacks if things don't improve anytime soon with these situations. If I'm going to provide insurance to everyone in the house, I must be ensured that I can insure.

Ugh. And with crappy paychecks still coming in (fortunately, still coming in for what it's worth), recovery is going to be fun and slow.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:03:55 am by Itnetlolor »

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: February 12, 2010, 12:32:45 am »

I passed out in the middle of class today. :(
Hurt my head pretty badly because of a sudden contact with hard floor.
Now I'm in constant pain.
It happened before. 5 months ago. Doctors didn't find anything, or they are just so stupid and lazy that they decided a 16 year old can just go and die. And I'm expecting just that. Diagnosis is nowhere to be found, and it is getting worse. Dying as a teenager would certainly suck

Passing out in some circumstances is not uncommon. I'm not a doctor, so I can't give you any advice, but I know when I was your age I had an electrolyte imbalance and for a while if I stood up too quickly I'd pass out and wake up on the floor not sure why I had a sore head.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: February 12, 2010, 06:13:40 am »

I just hope I won't hurt myself.
I'm making a lot of people worried.
Whether they just pretend is another matter.
Boy, have I met a lot of people that are nice, but hate on you behind your back.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 8167