Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1704 1705 [1706] 1707 1708 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439687 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25575 on: March 25, 2011, 08:29:14 pm »

I've noticed that I'm a very light stepper.  During the mornings before getting on the bus I always surprise at least one person in the house by popping up suddenly.  It's not even like I walk fast it's just my natural quiet movement and chance.
used to have that, then i gain 20 pounds.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25576 on: March 25, 2011, 08:30:12 pm »

I am constantly processing stuff like this.  I always have potential conversations or events processing in the back of my mind.  I'm also a very intuitive thinker.  I don't have a formulaic 'process'.  When presented with a subject I haven't thought about before, I will begin with a vague notion which springs out of nothing as a starting point, and then begin evaluating why I naturally gravitated towards that and whether it's a good thing or not.  Basically INXP to the letter.

After completely failing to connect with people most of my life, it started becoming obvious to me around the age of 14 that this is not how most people operate.

I suspected as much.
You overthink things. You're using an analytical perspective to try to organize your mind and thoughts, so you end up having a different thought process.

Most people don't really work like that, so that's why you might have had trouble in relating to them.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25577 on: March 25, 2011, 08:31:01 pm »

I've noticed that I'm a very light stepper.  During the mornings before getting on the bus I always surprise at least one person in the house by popping up suddenly.  It's not even like I walk fast it's just my natural quiet movement and chance.
used to have that, then i gain 20 pounds.

I tend to walk like that as well.
But my pants waffle.
And whoomph when I kick things.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25578 on: March 25, 2011, 08:31:12 pm »

Diagnosis me doctor!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25579 on: March 25, 2011, 08:36:11 pm »

It's something else with me.  I'm not sure what to call it.  I've sort of learned to be forgettable, somehow.  People will even say hi to me as I walk in at the start of my shift, and then later on in a meeting that same person will ask "Is Chuck not here today?" even when I'm sitting right next to them.  It's like a blank aura that causes people not to register my presence.

I definitely learned it in high school, where I was treated like shit at one school from grades 3-10.  Then I moved to a new school in 11th grade, and decided I didn't want to get involved with people at all.  I was only going to be at this school for two years, and after my experiences at the last one, I decided it would be best spent not knowing anyone.  This school was much much better than the last one, though, and my attitude changed after about a year... but I never lost that ability.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25580 on: March 25, 2011, 08:41:18 pm »

I'm the opposite =/  When people started bullying, I just made myself more and more noticeable and obvious, until at this point people I've never met will say they know me on first meeting--or some folks will have their friends asking about whether they really know "that girl."

I think it was a form of vengeance.  "Okay, you want to treat me badly because of who I am?  Too bad, suckers, because the more you mistreat me, the more I'm going to refuse to conform."

That part of my personality has helped a lot in some respects, but really shot me in the foot in others.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25581 on: March 25, 2011, 08:49:50 pm »

I can't count how many people I've had conversations with where I didn't (and still don't) know their names.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #25582 on: March 25, 2011, 08:52:24 pm »

I'm the opposite =/  When people started bullying, I just made myself more and more noticeable and obvious, until at this point people I've never met will say they know me on first meeting--or some folks will have their friends asking about whether they really know "that girl."

I think it was a form of vengeance.  "Okay, you want to treat me badly because of who I am?  Too bad, suckers, because the more you mistreat me, the more I'm going to refuse to conform."

That part of my personality has helped a lot in some respects, but really shot me in the foot in others.
Amen on that, sister.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25583 on: March 25, 2011, 08:54:51 pm »

I was starting to get this way in 10th grade.  That was a big year for me.  I was bolstered by a great social base online and actually made a few real life friends for the first time in 7 years.  They were the other outcasts in the school, who I had never met because they were all a grade or two above me and there was no inter-grade mingling until this point.

Then I learned that we were moving at the end of the school year, and shortly after that Columbine happened and the school started cracking down really really hard on anyone that didn't fit in.  The principal even did an interview in the local newspaper claiming that it's the kids that get bullied that are the real problem.  This was a very corrupt and unfriendly place.  People started gossiping about how they thought the people I had just started making friends with (the so-called 'Black Trenchcoat Gang of the school' even though only one of them wore a trenchcoat) were going to do the same thing and something should be done about them.  Then the rumors and lies began to spread.

I couldn't stand it.  I started getting very outspoken.  It didn't go well.  It's good I was only there for a couple more months, or things probably would have gone very very wrong for me.

Then over the summer my best friend broke off contact with me and I began processing everything that had happened over the past year... plunged into a deep depression... and just didn't have the will to have anything to do with anyone over the next school year.

So that's how I ended up going one way instead of the other.  Like yours, it has its ups and downs.  I avoid a lot of negative crap from people, but I also avoid a lot of positive.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25584 on: March 25, 2011, 09:03:28 pm »

Damn i don't remember how many fights i been in vs. ones i prevented. I made sure to never give them a chance to take a crack at me, better to stay in the shadows and watch unless i intervene.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25585 on: March 25, 2011, 09:34:48 pm »

Three vials is pretty much the norm. There are plenty of tests to run.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #25586 on: March 25, 2011, 09:35:12 pm »

My best friend got dumped by her girlfriend, and I'm at a loss at what to say. :<

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25587 on: March 25, 2011, 09:35:49 pm »

"There are plenty of more fish in the sea"?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25588 on: March 25, 2011, 09:35:56 pm »

My best friend got dumped by her girlfriend, and I'm at a loss at what to say. :<
Do you know what was the reason?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #25589 on: March 25, 2011, 09:37:24 pm »

Do you know what was the reason?
It seems to have been because the only reason she was going out with my best friend was out of pity.
Pages: 1 ... 1704 1705 [1706] 1707 1708 ... 8167