Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1626 1627 [1628] 1629 1630 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435974 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #24405 on: March 15, 2011, 10:33:29 pm »

Are we still talking about push-ups and such? I just did 150 crunches today without any issues, but zero pull ups. I managed 30 chest-to-ground push-ups: 3 sets of ten. Couldn't do more than that. I'm getting stronger, though.

They're Americans.
The head trauma from punching them in the face is likely to make them smarter.
I wonder if the head trauma from typing that will make you smarter. I cannot imagine the aneurysm of sheer bigotry that must have just occurred.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24406 on: March 15, 2011, 10:39:06 pm »

Head trauma doesn't make you smarter, it fucking hurts.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24407 on: March 15, 2011, 10:48:58 pm »

Gah! My pc just got a virus!!! It destroyed several games and corrupted some of the audio on Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24408 on: March 15, 2011, 10:49:46 pm »

??? a virus that latches on your games?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24409 on: March 15, 2011, 10:51:39 pm »

??? a virus that latches on your games?
No, It infected them and I deleted them.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24410 on: March 15, 2011, 10:51:52 pm »

Bitchy, emotionally manipulative roommate.

It's one thing to say "I told you you were supposed to clean our bathroom this week.  You are a day late.  If I were your boss, I'd fire you."  It's another thing to blame her shortcomings as reactions to my failures.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24411 on: March 15, 2011, 10:52:49 pm »

>_> someone needs some booze and a huge ass chill pill

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24412 on: March 15, 2011, 10:52:57 pm »

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20043421-281.html
The White House today proposed sweeping revisions to U.S. copyright law, including making "illegal streaming" of audio or video a federal felony and allowing FBI agents to wiretap suspected infringers.

So I read this as "Intellectual property on the internet is currently a massive grey area.  There's lots of debate on the legal, ethical, and economical aspects of the issue.  Fuck that.  It's too fucking hard to lock these people up and take their money, so we're going to make it black & white now."
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24413 on: March 15, 2011, 10:58:02 pm »

I accidentally ran into a Sapien Colony in Transcendence. Any of you who've played the game enough to see them can probably guess what happened next.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24414 on: March 16, 2011, 12:38:34 am »

At 11 pm yesterday, my mother remembered she needed a witten job application for today.
I really hoped I could get 6 hours of sleep for once.

4.5 are fine too I guess...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #24415 on: March 16, 2011, 01:19:53 am »

I got exactly 0, if it's of any consolation.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24416 on: March 16, 2011, 01:53:35 am »

Bitchy, emotionally manipulative roommate.

It's one thing to say "I told you you were supposed to clean our bathroom this week.  You are a day late.  If I were your boss, I'd fire you."  It's another thing to blame her shortcomings as reactions to my failures.

This isn't the same one that left your cookware dirty and/or full of her day-old food, is it? That'd just be funny.

Either way, emotionally manipulative people suck, and I have almost no patience for them. Confronting my friend's passive-aggressive and emotionally manipulative sister was 5 kinds of unpleasant, but we had a good talk afterward when tempers had cooled. In the midst of it, she sort of crumpled, when I cut through her crap in a nice way, and called her out directly. I cited what had actually been bugging her, and how she had been bottling it up by not mentioning it, resulting in her passive-aggressive outbursts.

When I've encountered that sort of stuff, it's usually in response to the person's bottled-up irritations, left unsaid for whatever reason. Calling someone out sometimes works, but often it can be avoided by leaving the door open and encouraging direct communication.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24417 on: March 16, 2011, 02:01:30 am »

Same one.

The issue is, of course, that she is a control freak and she would like me to just hop to it, while cutting her slack.  Simply put, I'm tired of this person always prioritizing herself when convenient and expecting the rest of us to prioritize her.

Example: We were supposed to have a house-cleaning party.  She was very strongly interested in this.  She didn't show up.

I made dinner and showed a movie, partially based on her apparent strong interest.  She canceled three hours beforehand, having promised she'd show.

Why?  Well, in both instances she dropped us to be with her boyfriend.  The basic way it works is that whatever we have going on is droppable if something "better" shows up.  No interest in forming or maintaining a pleasant relationship with her housemates.

Frankly, yeah, I'm tired of her passive-aggressive hostility, but I can't call her on it because she'll just cite my issues as good and sufficient reason.  She's a pain in the ass.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24418 on: March 16, 2011, 02:28:00 am »

Nice... I wonder if the irony with the dishwashing, as related to the bathroom thing, is lost on her, or if it's another way of snapping back at others to justify her issues.

Here's a Cold Read: She worries badly about the opinions others have of her, puts on a show for others because it makes her look better or more friendly, and provides excuses for her behaviors because it's easier than accepting and changing them. She's been coasting by on the backs of forgiving people for a while, and has gotten comfortable doing it because she's gotten away with it until now. This is probably her first time living with roommates.

I have to admit that I can't see her using the shortcomings of others to justify completely unrelated mistakes on her part... but maybe I'm just not understanding. If the frustrations are across the board, maybe you guys can look into getting a replacement?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:30:20 am by Solifuge »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24419 on: March 16, 2011, 02:35:14 am »

I got exactly 0, if it's of any consolation.

Eh, it's a long term problem.
If you waste 48 hours a week (without involontary overtime) on work, not including the timw public transport consumes, having a day where you can sleep at least 6 hours is needed.
Pages: 1 ... 1626 1627 [1628] 1629 1630 ... 8167