Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439123 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #23250 on: February 25, 2011, 11:58:31 am »

I have to drive 8 hours back to Ohio tonight. 90% of the route is currently under Winter Storm Warning. >_<

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23251 on: February 25, 2011, 11:59:51 am »

Facebook has normal adverts. My sexuality is gay on that, so it shows gay-themed adverts. Stuff which I find slightly... Unsettling.
i didn't even know facebook does that, though i wouldn't know since i haven't been on for 8 monthes

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23252 on: February 25, 2011, 12:35:04 pm »

Yeah, it themes the ads based on what you put on your profile.  I recently got engaged to chlorine though, because a friend told me to marry it if I loved it so much, so I shouldn't be seeing many dating ads.

EDIT:  I missed the monthly "i'm so sad give advice but only if its the advice i want to hear ELLIPSES" thread.  :/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:47:11 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23253 on: February 25, 2011, 01:44:17 pm »

My dog was hit by a car an hour ago.

30 minutes ago the vet told us that his lungs collapsed and that if we did the treatment he would have health problems for the rest of his life. So we had him put down
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23254 on: February 25, 2011, 01:48:45 pm »

Nasty.

I feel your pain.
Something like this happened to a cat of mine some years ago. Poor thing didn't get off with just collapsed lungs. She had her spine broken and several organs torn, bleeding inside.
She died in my mom's lap after the doctor told us there was nothing anyone could do anymore.

But the important thing is to keep hold of the happy memories.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23255 on: February 25, 2011, 01:52:18 pm »

It was a very clean death, which I'm thankful for. Although I'm unsure of how to hold onto the happy memories without getting depressed about it. And trying my best to shove away thoughts of "If I did this he would still be alive now."

I'm handling this about as well as I thought I would when thinking over what I would do if this happened. But I'm really getting crushed thinking about how to break this to my siblings and how it'll effect them.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23256 on: February 25, 2011, 01:54:55 pm »

*sigh*
harsh reality, i don't know how many times i cringed when my dog runs in front of cars.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23257 on: February 25, 2011, 01:59:56 pm »

@ Duke.

The good memories will always be mixed with the sadness of your dog's death, but the important thing is to always have the good memories come whenever the sad ones resurface. And the guilt won't really go away. It'll ebb, but never really leave.

As for your siblings, I don't really know. You should know best whether honesty will be the best policy, or will the dog have "run away". The problem is that these lies eventually get found out and they'll feel betrayed.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23258 on: February 25, 2011, 02:06:40 pm »

We're all in our upper-teens, so running away isn't an option. It's more that knowing my sisters are suffering from this, you know?

Rest in peace, buddy

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:06:37 pm by Duke 2.0 »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23259 on: February 25, 2011, 02:28:56 pm »

That sucks man :s  I had the same thing happen a few years ago, and it was the guilt that really hurt.  The one day I'm somewhere else, she runs outside and my dad is the only one home.  She got hit while he was putting his shoes on.  I was the only one she'd consistently come back to when she ran outside.
Shoes...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23260 on: February 25, 2011, 04:57:06 pm »

As long as we're on the subject of dying pets. 

Another one.  I'm pretty sure one of our dogs was murdered when living in that same place.  It was like 5 or 6 years after the above event.  Our dog was on a line outside, and she disappeared.  The line was not damaged at all.  Someone had let her off it.  I found her dead on the side of the road later, a couple blocks away.  We couldn't find anything wrong with her.  There was no indication of any kind of injury or struggle on her.  All we found was a small, square patch of missing fur that looked like it had been shaved... with a little red dot in the center.  I'm pretty sure someone injected her with something.  I can't say I'm surprised.  That place was a fucking nightmare.  Animal cruelty was a regular pastime among local kids, and my family was not well liked there.  Still, the method was incredibly bizarre.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23261 on: February 25, 2011, 05:00:59 pm »

I've got a cat that's too mean to die and a dog that's to stupid to. The cat has nearly no teeth, is half senile, and the mice keep stealing her food when she falls asleep while eating. The dog just waits until someone goes to step over her to stand up.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #23262 on: February 25, 2011, 05:07:49 pm »

You know what? Disregard. I feel stupid.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:28:00 pm by iceball3 »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23263 on: February 25, 2011, 05:45:07 pm »

A couple of, now former, friends did some really retarded and petty stuff. One of them had been crushing on my new girlfriend, for quite a while, and I didn't know when I asked her out. He got all pissy and punched a hole in the drywall, so I just plain beat the hell out of him and then called his parents and told them the situation while he cleaned himself up. A different friend went and got trashed before coming to one of my parties, and I had to turn him away and later call the proprietor to remove him, because it was a clean party. My core group of friends has been shattered, and it will take awhile to rebuild and get rid of this ash taste.

The pot has been sweetened ladies and gentleman. Two of my five remaining friends have been dating for about a year now. Just yesterday, they broke up and for late last night into early today, they were crusading around and trying to get people to take sides. Then we find out she's pregnant, and now everything is fucking peachy. Haha, just kidding this is shitty as.. god I don't even know. I feel too tired, and sad and angry. I'm just burnt out and I want to be alone so I can bottle up my emotions, but I'm the one that needs to keep the cohesion and work shit out.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23264 on: February 25, 2011, 06:10:19 pm »

Sonerohi, I think it might be best if you go and be alone like you want to. If they're going to make factions and tear each other apart, you'll probably only manage to waste your time in trying to mediate.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 8167