Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496373 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #21675 on: February 06, 2011, 03:55:52 pm »

I just went to get some instant noodles and I found that of my last four packages, two are empty.

The mice got in them.

Fucking mice are like little ninjas.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21676 on: February 06, 2011, 03:56:57 pm »

damn rodents, all i got are fat squirrels that raid my fruit trees.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21677 on: February 06, 2011, 03:58:33 pm »

I lay in bed at night.

Listening.

They're everywhere.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21678 on: February 06, 2011, 03:58:43 pm »

Wasted maybe 5 dollars buying groceries this week... I could have gotten the beets for half the price and lopped a dollar off both the cabbage and the green onions.

Damn.

Well, at least I'll be falling from the $15-20 range for massive amounts of fresh vegetables+12 eggs to the $10-15 range next week, because I'll be more attentive about my purchases.

And I have 6 (little) beets, two pounds of potatoes, a large cabbage, three large green onions, and a dozen eggs for about 16-17 bucks, all organic.  Not too shabby.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21679 on: February 06, 2011, 04:01:52 pm »

you do know that the organic tag that we stamp on our food is crap right?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21680 on: February 06, 2011, 04:08:29 pm »

you do know that the organic tag that we stamp on our food is crap right?

How so?  I figure that Berkeley farmers' markets are probably better about that sort of thing than most places.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21681 on: February 06, 2011, 04:11:32 pm »

oh that sounds different, i thought you went to whole foods ( i would have called you a fool and told you to find the nearest farmer's market). course nothing can be more organic than growing it yourself :D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21682 on: February 06, 2011, 04:22:37 pm »

oh that sounds different, i thought you went to whole foods ( i would have called you a fool and told you to find the nearest farmer's market). course nothing can be more organic than growing it yourself :D

Haha, no.  It would have probably cost 1.5-2x that much if I'd bought it at Whole Foods.  The local supermarket asks for 1.50/lb of non-organic white onions... that's so ridiculous.

Yeah, I'd like to grow myself but I don't have stable enough housing or enough time right now to contemplate it.  Gardening will have to wait for a while.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21683 on: February 06, 2011, 04:57:37 pm »

For the first time I looked at the date of the first post made in the photo share thread.
Dammit!
I could have been there, right from the start, hadn't I been busy drooling all over DF.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21684 on: February 06, 2011, 05:14:52 pm »

I weigh almost two of Barbar, compressed into a 5'1" frame. *sigh* I am jealous of you tall, lanky fellows.
It's not all it's cracked up to be. I feel like a sail in high winds.

I finally found a song that brought a tear to my eye. The Impossible Dream describes how I'm feeling right now better than I could possibly explain. No matter what I do as of late, my goals seem just as far away. Sure, I'm moving right along through school and learning plenty of new things, but matters of the heart... flargh. The internet isn't the place for such matters.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21685 on: February 06, 2011, 05:31:17 pm »

Ack.. Looks like we aren't going to have enough money for food this week agaon.. Bleh, donated food it is.
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21686 on: February 06, 2011, 05:35:02 pm »

hold on tight

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21687 on: February 06, 2011, 07:02:57 pm »

I'm... 77kg and 180cm.
I've got no idea what that is in inches and feet. I could probably work it out in my head but damn it I'm going to be stubborn about the metric system and stuff!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21688 on: February 06, 2011, 07:14:57 pm »

I do not comprehend your strange measuring system, man.

I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21689 on: February 06, 2011, 07:19:22 pm »

Hey, the majority of countries represented here use the Metric system.

By which I mean, All but two.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 ... 8168