Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499830 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #21495 on: February 03, 2011, 07:25:06 pm »

Trying to get over how horribly incorrect my thought "Meh, they won't mind too much" was about me moving away from two of my only friends a few years back. I didn't know my leave was bad enough to even have one of them give up on her book about the apocalypse...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21496 on: February 03, 2011, 07:35:40 pm »

I'm back-and-forthing myself to panic over whether I should go to work or not tonight.  All the roadways between my home and job are spotted with ice and it's supposed to start snowing during the night.  The highways are supposedly clear, but the only time I've come close to wiping out on ice was on these highways.

Reasons for going to work:
-All things considered, the ice isn't that bad, especially on the well-traveled roads I commute on.
-I've stayed home the last two nights (although I think they were actually closed Tuesday).
-I have a reputation as a committed worker (which I'm vain enough to worry about).
-I don't want to take a ton of shit from my coworkers when I come back on Sunday.

Reasons for staying home:
-I'm the number one gossip-post for when my boss wants to rant about over people's attendance, so I know he trusts me implicitly and that I have ground to stand on.
-It's a known fact that I have to commute thirty miles over hilly, unserviced roads to get there (which I play up of course, but there it is).
-My car is a rear-wheel drive land boat, and it's practically new and really cherry.  While provably blessed from danger, I can only press my luck so far.
-It's fuckin' cold, they won't have much to do anyway because all the businesses are closed, and the roads will only get worse as the night wears on.

God, why do I have to be conflicted about this?  Why must I have some deep seated sense of professionalism?  I've already spent the last two nights being a useless piece of shit getting my videogame on, and it ain't like the elements have let up outside.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21497 on: February 03, 2011, 07:40:36 pm »

-My car is a rear-wheel drive land boat, and it's practically new and really cherry.  While provably blessed from danger, I can only press my luck so far.

This would do it for me.

If you've got the cred, spend it when it seems like a good idea. It's not like all of your diligence translates into a pay raise.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21498 on: February 03, 2011, 07:44:12 pm »

If you've got the cred, spend it when it seems like a good idea. It's not like all of your diligence translates into a pay raise.

Y'know, you're right.  Hard-workers are popular, because they do all the work.  If the only thing my cred buys me is three nights off due to ice-storm, that'll be the most it ever bought me.  Screw that job, they wouldn't know what to do if they fired me.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21499 on: February 03, 2011, 07:49:34 pm »

"Work smarter not harder" seems to fit here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21500 on: February 03, 2011, 08:49:13 pm »

the sounds of some poor little fairy getting raped by a tentacled fleshy mass

Wait

What

First thing to come to mind when I needed to think of something amazingly awkward that would blast out of your speakers.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21501 on: February 03, 2011, 08:50:42 pm »

Went to feed my sugar gliders on lunch break, and discovered that one of them had been killed by the other two.  Very sad. :(

Edit:  For the deceased sugar glider, who I'm kind of beating myself up over right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwVVCf9umoU
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:48:11 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #21502 on: February 03, 2011, 11:02:39 pm »

Im depressed becuase: i'm sick, lonely becuase i'm too ugly, and I HAVE NO PURPOSE IN LIFE. AT ALL.

"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21503 on: February 04, 2011, 12:14:31 am »

little bit too much there.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21504 on: February 04, 2011, 12:56:24 am »

Hey man, in this day and age, we can cure ugliness, which is subjective anyway. And if it's poor body image you're depressed with, don't be afraid to go join a gym. It actually does work, and it's fun and satisfying. I can't help you find any purpose, though. Go out and make some, somehow. Learn, grow, do. I trust you'll get the hang of it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21505 on: February 04, 2011, 12:57:58 am »

I've always thought that life is its own purpose.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21506 on: February 04, 2011, 12:58:43 am »

Well that's no fun. Don't be, do.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21507 on: February 04, 2011, 01:00:13 am »

Y'know, you're right.  Hard-workers are popular, because they do all the work.  If the only thing my cred buys me is three nights off due to ice-storm, that'll be the most it ever bought me.  Screw that job, they wouldn't know what to do if they fired me.

Turns out, I definitely made the right decision to stay home.  Ten minutes after I would have gotten to work, snow starts dropping in sheets.  By normal close-time, the streets will be completely blanketed, making ice patches impossible to see, if I could even get my car out of the parking lot.  Let those poor bastards who live within five miles of the plant deal with this bullshit.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21508 on: February 04, 2011, 01:03:47 am »

Im depressed becuase: i'm sick, lonely becuase i'm too ugly, and I HAVE NO PURPOSE IN LIFE. AT ALL.
Well, you should go to a doctor. This sounds like shit right now, but I used to be really depressed, I guess? I went to a doctor and they put me on Sertraline HCL(Commonly referred to as Zoloft)

Marijuana also stimulates the natural Cannabinoid system which is very vital to humans functioning;Mood, hunger/appetite, metabolism, etc. etc. It's very complicated. So, if you've got pot or someone you can buy it from, that works too.

*Note I am not condoning illegal actions. I guess. Probably.[/url]

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21509 on: February 04, 2011, 01:32:08 am »

Ich muss studieren praventivmedizin für dieser abend.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 ... 8168