Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500770 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #21435 on: February 02, 2011, 09:23:11 pm »

Sadness: I'm going to miss Japanese and Wind Ensemble tomorrow in order to take half a dozen Money Management tests all in a row. Four hours of nonstop page-flipping and staggeringly easy calculations to go!
ahh wind emsemble, too bad i couldn't get in, even now as a accomplished percussionist with strings.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21436 on: February 02, 2011, 09:27:26 pm »

I'm watching Serenity.

... It saddens me to think that this was never made into a series. Or mini-series.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21437 on: February 02, 2011, 09:32:53 pm »

actually its the other way around. There was a series were the movie came from called Firefly but they only had 14 episodes and fox canceled them. After Serenity came out, it became popular, shit i should make a game in that universe.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21438 on: February 02, 2011, 09:34:07 pm »

I know that firefly was a series first.

I'm upset that serenity wasn't a series. like, the second series of Firefly.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21439 on: February 02, 2011, 09:36:21 pm »

im gonna try to get the rp book and start a thread if i can.

edit:sweet ass, my online store had it and i got it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:39:33 pm by Tellemurius »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21440 on: February 02, 2011, 09:43:43 pm »

ah wind ensemble, too bad i couldn't get in, even now as a accomplished percussionist with strings.
It's not actually all that prestigious at my school. We've got two bands, Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble. Freshmen can't try out for Wind Ensemble, and there are only ~100 people who can play an instrument at my school. I'm also one of only two Baritone players, the other being a Freshman who just switched to it from trumpet. It's still pretty neat, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21441 on: February 02, 2011, 09:47:36 pm »

dude when i mean accomplished percussionist; i mean i can play piano, timpani, drums, any strings, any one note maker.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21442 on: February 02, 2011, 09:52:49 pm »

After Serenity came out, it became popular, shit i should make a game in that universe.

I've had the opposite impression, actually.  I've heard that Firefly's fanbase continues to grow.  I have a friend who attended the recent Dragoncon, and his stories about the Firefly panel were pretty damn impressive.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21443 on: February 02, 2011, 09:54:40 pm »

I want cookies.

:'(
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21444 on: February 02, 2011, 09:55:06 pm »

Blerge. Just feeling kinda terrible. Went to some event and got really drowsy out of nowhere. comments were made that ticked me off and the mood through the whole thing was just being grumpy. And now I'm finding all my time is being taken up before my eyes, just like usual I'm told of events I'm required to participate in the week it happens.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21445 on: February 02, 2011, 11:06:49 pm »

Why am I feeling dizzy? I haven't spun around, too young and haven't drunk...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21446 on: February 02, 2011, 11:44:08 pm »

Blerge. Just feeling kinda terrible. Went to some event and got really drowsy out of nowhere. comments were made that ticked me off and the mood through the whole thing was just being grumpy. And now I'm finding all my time is being taken up before my eyes, just like usual I'm told of events I'm required to participate in the week it happens.
Best love Duke.

I've been kinda weird-ing myself over time.  I've been having a total change of character so it has to be a bit unsettling.  I don't think I was ever suppose to grow up liking math and science and boring crap like that.  When I was an freshmen in high school that was like my thing.  I don't even remember why.  I was a nihilist douche fuck and nobody talked to me obviously.  Now that I don't care as much and are more engaging with my peers it's always been a lot more fun for me.  I was never meant to be alone in a telescope tower or any of that jazz.  I've been loving reading manga and books and watching shows more and more.  It's just so much funner with characters and stuff.

When I'm going through the halls I always see a few kids that don't seem to get it yet.  The whole friends thing.  They don't talk or look at anybody and don't seem to be enjoying themselves either.  How can they live like that...

Why am I feeling dizzy? I haven't spun around, too young and haven't drunk...
If you made a topic of this on the Life Advice board you would be already dead with some fatal disease.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21447 on: February 03, 2011, 12:01:26 am »

I probably have to attend school tomorrow. I missed both of my C++ classes, as well as my Creative Writing class (which is once a week), which I'm really pissed about, I haven't done any drawing because I spent the whole day pandering to my wife's family, communications is boring as hell because I'm not learning anything at all in it, and we're doing stop motion in my 3d animation class. I fucking hate stop motion, I'm not learning anything useful, and I have to take this class for my degree. Fuck.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21448 on: February 03, 2011, 12:08:43 am »

Stop motion is the foundation of animation.  It's also the most non-technical method, and thus the best for approaching basic principles.  Even if it is more time consuming, it's just better for most people as a way of avoiding having to learn too many things at once.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21449 on: February 03, 2011, 12:20:56 am »

When I'm going through the halls I always see a few kids that don't seem to get it yet.  The whole friends thing.  They don't talk or look at anybody and don't seem to be enjoying themselves either.  How can they live like that...

I feel guilty when I spend time relaxing, rather than working.  I'd rather be lonely than guilty and ashamed of myself.

There you have it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 8168