Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461022 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19965 on: January 12, 2011, 08:52:48 pm »

ARGH! Janet is eating meeee!
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19966 on: January 12, 2011, 09:19:55 pm »

Oh boy, are we comparing fucked up teeth now?  Great.  The big major molar on my bottom-right needs a root canal.  I won't pretend that I took proper care of my teeth when I was a teenager, but this one was main because all the teeth in that section impacted together because of the wisdom tooth; even with it removed, the back submolar is still leaning at a 45 degree angle.  The molar is basically just a dead tooth in my mouth, and has lost a couple corner bits over time, including this summer.  I never had the money to have it "fixed" and I didn't want to just have it pulled and have to deal with a giant space in my mouth.

But I've needed to have something done to it for nearly seven years, and I've had dental insurance for most of the last one.  I'm also not going to pretend that dental insurance equals fixed teeth, because 50% of $5000 or whatever is still a lot of money, that I don't have.  But in the last couple months, it's just started to irritate me.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19967 on: January 12, 2011, 09:31:13 pm »

Dentures people. The way to go!
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19968 on: January 12, 2011, 09:32:13 pm »

The last time I went to a dentist they had a tv playing Johny Test.

I don't want to go again don't make me go again the pain the pain nooooooo

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19969 on: January 12, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »

The last time I went to a dentist they had a tv playing Johny Test.

I don't want to go again don't make me go again the pain the pain nooooooo
I'll take Johnny test over Disney Channel, and since pretty much any other channel they have are lucky to be good (at best), the show isn't that bad.
Edit: they meaning my dentist, not Toony's.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:43:17 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19970 on: January 12, 2011, 09:41:22 pm »

I have a small tolerance for stupidity thanks to my father. The show disgusts me.
Hello Hunam

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19971 on: January 12, 2011, 09:53:06 pm »

Yeah, I think even USB 'phones are a no-go.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19972 on: January 12, 2011, 11:38:08 pm »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19973 on: January 12, 2011, 11:40:45 pm »

I'm having trouble with my milk basically souring within two days of being put in a refrigerator, to the point of giving me indigestion and tasting terrible.  It's a glass bottle with a plastic lid, which does seal pretty well (if not perfectly).

In other words, it made me sad today but it's sure-as-heck not going in Life Advice.  Does anyone know... anything about this?  Does anyone else's milk go this fast?

;_;
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #19974 on: January 12, 2011, 11:47:43 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:56:36 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19975 on: January 12, 2011, 11:52:26 pm »

Yeah, fridge smells really funky due to roommates massive amounts of poorly-taken-care-of food.

I'm going to work on getting a little tin of baking soda put in there, and maybe it will smell a bit better.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19976 on: January 13, 2011, 12:16:33 am »

Laptop cannot run Minecraft w/Rezcraft smoothly, yet can run Supreme Commander 2 at Medium-High. Confused I am.
well, away from Minecraft I go (again).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19977 on: January 13, 2011, 12:19:00 am »

Certain programs are weird like that.
Mine, back when it was Win7, could handle pretty much anything in Gmod, but often hung on flash games.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19978 on: January 13, 2011, 12:27:32 am »

I know for a fact the Gamebryo game engine hates me because only the games that use that engine run poorly on any computer I use.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19979 on: January 13, 2011, 01:11:39 am »

Yeah, fridge smells really funky due to roommates massive amounts of poorly-taken-care-of food.

I'm going to work on getting a little tin of baking soda put in there, and maybe it will smell a bit better.

Broken up charcoal works really well, too.

Want to work on my island game, have the turn finished, but not yet written. Must work early in the morning. HARGLBLURGH! Will try to get it completely finished tomorrow afternoon. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 8167