Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462645 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19950 on: January 12, 2011, 07:10:03 pm »

Don't be biting people. All the twilight fans will erupt in happiness.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19951 on: January 12, 2011, 07:15:49 pm »

Don't be biting people. All the twilight fans will erupt in happiness.
oooh, good point.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19952 on: January 12, 2011, 07:16:07 pm »

Blurgh.  Switched to a wired connection and it's so slow I feel like I'm on dial-up again.  Why can't stuff just work?  Why are all of my computer options equally terrible in different ways?
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19953 on: January 12, 2011, 07:17:41 pm »

Blurgh.  Switched to a wired connection and it's so slow I feel like I'm on dial-up again.  Why can't stuff just work?  Why are all of my computer options equally terrible in different ways?
Did you try percussive maintenance? Because if its the exact same connection just +cable, it shouldn't be much different.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19954 on: January 12, 2011, 07:26:57 pm »

The worst part is I'll never be able to live out my dream of being a serial killer who bites people to death.  I have a really obvious bite profile.

Honestly my entire dental history has been one long nightmare.

Let's do this chronologically.

Preschool:  Dentist removed all my front teeth (Top and bottom).  Turned out he was crazy and had an illegally obtained license.

Middle School:  Got braces, had for three years, got adjustments maybe 6 times.  The company (Family Dental Care Associates) wouldn't return calls or answer the phone, and when we did manage to get an appointment half the time the orthodontist hadn't even come to work.  Results were predictable:  Teeth got fucking mangled.

High School:  Got a new dentist, she was pretty good (And really generous with the gas) but she didn't clean a tooth properly and it abscessed.  Several weeks of the worst pain I've ever felt in my life later I finally decided I needed to tell someone.  Tooth was pulled and a wisdom tooth grew in to replace it. 

College:  Hooray, root canal.

My brother had to get a root canal in middle school... I know that it's neither a pleasant experience leading up to, or after, that procedure, but the pain is gone, yeah? Also on the plus side, you now have a mouth largely full of cyborganic superteeth, so that's not so bad, eh?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19955 on: January 12, 2011, 07:31:14 pm »

Wait, do you have all of the adult teeth by preschool? that seems like it could fix itself.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19956 on: January 12, 2011, 07:35:44 pm »

Wait, do you have all of the adult teeth by preschool? that seems like it could fix itself.

No, you generally start growing in/losing teeth at 5 or so.

My parents didn't know what the fuck was happening and thought I was getting wisdom teeth *facepalm*

Boy, was that embarrassing in retrospect.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19957 on: January 12, 2011, 07:36:46 pm »

I'm not sure the exact timeline, but I know I was still gaining adult teeth in second grade.
Shoes...

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19958 on: January 12, 2011, 07:44:06 pm »

First or second for me, but I already was missing my four front top teeth. Fell down the basement stairs as a kid and had to have them pulled.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19959 on: January 12, 2011, 08:02:14 pm »

I've just come to a realization about myself that makes me feel really crap... Knowing that I have this issue is a good thing, but the issue itself has made a lot of stuff clear that I'd probably rather have stayed obfuscated...
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19960 on: January 12, 2011, 08:06:35 pm »

I have all (except some molars) of my adult teeth currently and I hope it stays that way.  I hear people get problems with wisdom teeth, but I had a lot of my molars really messed up so I had like four taken out.  That probably gave a ton of room for my far back teeth.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19961 on: January 12, 2011, 08:14:10 pm »

I have a huge underbite, but the way my teeth are crooked and the size and shape of my chin makes it look like I don't have one. And that is pretty much the extent of my dental history. I never really brush my teeth and yet I never have any cavities or infections ore anything. My dentist comments on how good my gums are, despite his constant bickering for me to brush 'em. Wisdom teeth were never an issue, and I've counted my molars and figured out that they are not in there. So a wizard probably took them off to a magical adventure.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19962 on: January 12, 2011, 08:16:19 pm »

I have a chunk missing from one of my front teeth from an altercation with a wheelie-bin. Add to that barely brushing them and only having been to a dentist once (immediately after said altercation), and my teeth would not be out of place amongst velociraptors.

I took a photo and cropped it and everything, but I decided not to unleash it on y'all.

Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19963 on: January 12, 2011, 08:16:21 pm »

Dude at least brush your teeth once a day as habit.

Then again you might get wizardly cavities.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19964 on: January 12, 2011, 08:21:48 pm »

Caramel Dansen, stuck in head, for two weeks.... Ooo-ooo-ooo-waah-waah......
Hello Hunam
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 8167