Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476118 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19545 on: January 05, 2011, 05:24:47 am »

And this, my friends, is why we have IRC. for making one word posts and general chat that nobody needs to see after the first hour has passed.

Really? We have an IRC? Why do so few people know about it, then?

Or am I the only one? :/

If we have one, a lot of this stuff could be moved there and stay there.

And this, my friends, is why we have IRC. for making one word posts and general chat that nobody needs to see after the first hour has passed.

Except I wouldn't allow most of this nonsense in the IRC channel either.

Except that, yeah.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19546 on: January 05, 2011, 05:33:06 am »

Really? We have an IRC? Why do so few people know about it, then?

It's not exactly 'we.' There's an official (plus a few others) B12 channels, but the communities barely intersect at all. Most of the forumites, from what I've seen, prefer to use Steam for their out-of-forums chatting.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19547 on: January 05, 2011, 05:34:05 am »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19548 on: January 05, 2011, 06:22:26 am »

I'm sad because I want to tell some people things that aren't exactly the friendliest, but need to be said, but my inherent niceguy-ness and terror of flamewars isn't letting me.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19549 on: January 05, 2011, 07:29:35 am »

Honestly, this one is somewhere between "sad", "RAAAAAAGE" and "WTF".

The NHL is trying to cash in on the current love affair with superheroes, by hiring Stan Lee to come up with "Guardians", basically turning each team into a superhero.

The results so far have been pretty much Epic Fail. Stan is just mailing it in, and probably getting an obscene amount of money for shit that looks like something Rob Liefeld crapped out in his sleep. I'm pretty sure now that Stan Lee has never watched an actual hockey game.

http://www.guardianproject30.com/

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19550 on: January 05, 2011, 07:29:54 am »

I'd like to redirect the current discussion here, if that's all right.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19551 on: January 05, 2011, 09:10:22 am »

You know, when I first joined, VN had been locked only a month or so prior, and hadn't been deleted yet. Unless everything that people talked about was deleted when it was locked, it seemed really... bland? I don't get the shock/outrage people make a show of displaying any time it's brought up (especially since, as I understand it, its purpose was to stop that sort of pointless garbage from shitting up the other forums).
You see, by the time you joined VN had already been purged by Toady One. All images, most quotes, and a lot (tons) of posts. Gone in the wind, much to many peoples' joy.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19552 on: January 05, 2011, 09:15:36 am »

VN was fun, but then it was horrible. Now it must never be again.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19553 on: January 05, 2011, 10:25:28 am »

I hate Pendregast from the eponymous novels with a vengeance. He's an annoying God Mode Sue, and I hope in each novel that he gets killed in some horrible fashion. At least that other annoying character, Smithback, got killed already. (Yes, sometimes I read novels, even novel series, as something akin to 1984's five minutes of hate)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19554 on: January 05, 2011, 10:31:35 am »

I really hate the fact that I don't actually get to see any sunlight anymore. It's down by the time I wake up (even if I wake up at 8AM, or something) and rises so late I'm already asleep by then, no matter how late I sleep.

Deus ex Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19555 on: January 05, 2011, 11:29:41 am »

Every single game I've been waiting for comes out a month after my birthday.

I am going to have to save up my damn money.

That's terrible.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19556 on: January 05, 2011, 12:35:40 pm »

Every single game I've been waiting for comes out a month after my birthday.

I am going to have to save up my damn money.

That's terrible.
That happened to me with books. thank goodness for them being cheaper then games.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19557 on: January 05, 2011, 02:39:20 pm »

I don't exactly know why I feel good about this, but my job absolutely sucked tonight.  One thing or person or department or whatever after another taking a dump on me.  It might be that I contemplated storming out with head high and my pinkslip in hand, but had the presence of mind to keep my cool.  Might be that I have a reputation for keeping my cool, when those chumps have no idea how close I am to snapping.  Might be that I know I won't have to work there much longer.  Might be that even on its worst nights, it's really not that bad a job.

Been the same for me.
I had to drive with the most moronic civil servant at the ambulance today.

And by moronic I mean:
  • putting on techno all the time
  • being highly unprofessional (cursing the traffic and complaning loudly about the meager tips, in front of patients)
  • screwing things up, which I have to account for at the control center, by phone

Not to mention, that due to our vehicle having a bit of damaged equipment on board, we had to drive ALL the "harmless" transports, while the rest of our team had been twiddling their thumbs, waiting for something serious to happen.
Being called incompetent, by a spiteful wheelchair driver, was just the icing on the cake.

On friday, I'll probably need to justify myself, for a transport-ticket a patient failed to deliver, which he promised he would get later (which he didn't).
I even called two colleagues about it (they were on site), asking them to quickly fetch it, but they totally mixed it up.

Writing this down, made me feel a lot better.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19558 on: January 05, 2011, 02:41:49 pm »

My christmas order from amazon was sent to the wrong address, and apparently is being sent back to the warehouse. My front right tire on my vehicle is flat (on it's rim flat), which means I also can't take the dog to get his nails trimmed at the groomer. I would do it at home, but he wines, bites, pulls away, and drools of nervousness if you try take anything to his nails. 

This is of course compounded on all the other life stressers I've had for months, job related, school related, and home related.

Well, at least My wife bought coca cola, and we have spiced rum around the house. Rum and coke makes a bad day a little better.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19559 on: January 05, 2011, 04:57:55 pm »

For some reason, my computer stopped connecting to the internet. It connects to the router fine, but won't go any further. So, I'm stuck using the wife's laptop. I despise laptop keyboards. :(

However, I second the rum'n'coke. It does make for a better day.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 ... 8167