Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488215 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19275 on: December 30, 2010, 08:01:48 am »

Yes, that's what I mean.  Lovecraft was good, but most of the new stuff in the genre is trite.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:03:29 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #19276 on: December 30, 2010, 08:47:00 am »

I absolutely love Railroad Tycoon 2.  I tried playing Railroad Tycoon 3.  It's everything that was wrong with 2, including the ballbuster stock market, but all the good parts turned to shitty building blocks with an interface that looks like it was designed for Ages 4-8 Edutainment.

I feel your pain, thekicked the crap out of a good game,for reasons that I do not know.

Stuck round nans, boredas hell.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19277 on: December 30, 2010, 10:00:45 am »

I tried Runescape (for the umpteenth time) hoping the "expansion pack" as the devs put it isn't shoved in your face. Nope. And then I went into too powerful of an area. Cue:
I got really far, and really good, in a game I like. Then, everything I had was taken. Then, trying to start back towards the top, I was killed. It is a permadeath game. I am just not going to play it ever again.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #19278 on: December 30, 2010, 10:17:39 am »

My computer won't be operational until next week. Also, rain has been forecast for today and tomorrow.

I tried Runescape (for the umpteenth time) hoping the "expansion pack" as the devs put it isn't shoved in your face. Nope. And then I went into too powerful of an area. Cue:
I got really far, and really good, in a game I like. Then, everything I had was taken. Then, trying to start back towards the top, I was killed. It is a permadeath game. I am just not going to play it ever again.
Runescape isn't a permadeath game, it simply has a death system that is incredibly bogus, and can rob your character of all items, thus effectively killing it.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:20:46 am by AntiAntiMatter »
[/post]

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19279 on: December 30, 2010, 10:20:00 am »

Ugh, I feel like hell. I just want to crawl back into bed and say to hell with the day.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #19280 on: December 30, 2010, 12:49:56 pm »

My bird died yesterday.  We buried her today.  :(

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=74081.0
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19281 on: December 30, 2010, 01:00:50 pm »

Horrible connection makes minecraft..... interesting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19282 on: December 30, 2010, 01:02:39 pm »

I absolutely love Railroad Tycoon 2.  I tried playing Railroad Tycoon 3.  It's everything that was wrong with 2, including the ballbuster stock market, but all the good parts turned to shitty building blocks with an interface that looks like it was designed for Ages 4-8 Edutainment.

Oh hey, I have a copy of 2. Thank you for reminding me of this.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19283 on: December 30, 2010, 01:07:19 pm »

Runescape isn't a permadeath game, it simply has a death system that is incredibly bogus, and can rob your character of all items, thus effectively killing it.
Unless, of course, you buy the "expansion pack" as the devs put it, thus letting you no doubt get some bogus item that renders death uneffective on you.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19284 on: December 30, 2010, 01:11:12 pm »

Here we go, installing Windohs Sevvun. Hope nothing goes wrong.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19285 on: December 30, 2010, 01:28:07 pm »

Unless, of course, you buy the "expansion pack" as the devs put it, thus letting you no doubt get some bogus item that renders death uneffective on you.
I'll just stray away from that grindy MMO with some bullshit updates and stay with my slightly less grindy MMO whose only bullshit is a class anybody can make whose skill books required to get skills can only be bought from the cash shop for now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19286 on: December 30, 2010, 02:28:54 pm »

I'll just stray away from that grindy MMO with some bullshit updates and stay with my slightly less grindy MMO whose only bullshit is a class anybody can make whose skill books required to get skills can only be bought from the cash shop for now.
Ingame or real cash?
Love, scriver~

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19287 on: December 30, 2010, 02:34:34 pm »

The Witcher hasn't got it's own thread in 'Other games'.
That's sad, because it's a very interesting game.

I'll probably make one myself, after I've played it some more.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19288 on: December 30, 2010, 02:41:56 pm »

Accidentally fell asleep for four or five hours, right after eating pancakes without brushing my teeth.  I feel almost hungover, and my mouth is all gooey, and I'm covered in cat-hair because the buttmunch slept on my face.  Goddammit.

Horrible connection makes minecraft..... interesting.

You gameworld looks like a glitched out Mario 3 map.  And kinda still works in parts?  You know what you have to do: build bridges across the Emptiness.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19289 on: December 30, 2010, 02:54:49 pm »

The Witcher hasn't got it's own thread in 'Other games'.
That's sad, because it's a very interesting game.

I'll probably make one myself, after I've played it some more.

I finished reading the last witcher book about two weeks ago. Downer ending.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 ... 8167