Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9507715 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17880 on: December 07, 2010, 08:36:38 pm »

Yeah... If I were your dad I wouldn't kick you out, so much as I would urge you not to have the baby.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17881 on: December 07, 2010, 08:44:04 pm »

Still love your parents, and keep them at a distance where you can still do that without them taking your heart and smashing it.
They threw their pregnant teenage daughter out on the streets for two years to fend for herself. MoM, they don't deserve your love.
They don't I agree with you there. But it's far worse to withhold it out of spite or hate than to do the great injustice of being a good daughter to lousy parents.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17882 on: December 07, 2010, 08:47:12 pm »

Still love your parents, and keep them at a distance where you can still do that without them taking your heart and smashing it.
They threw their pregnant teenage daughter out on the streets for two years to fend for herself. MoM, they don't deserve your love.
They don't I agree with you there. But it's far worse to withhold it out of spite or hate than to do the great injustice of being a good daughter to lousy parents.
To be a good child to lousy parents is to accept their abuse, even if only in a small way. If someone only sows spite and hate, then that's all they ever deserve to get in return.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17883 on: December 07, 2010, 08:49:14 pm »

To be a good child is to grow up to live a happy life for them and their family. If somebody sows spite and hate they don't deserve to have their crop of bitterness grow and bear fruit.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17884 on: December 07, 2010, 08:51:07 pm »

I don't even know what your metaphor means anymore.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17885 on: December 07, 2010, 08:52:19 pm »

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17886 on: December 07, 2010, 08:54:30 pm »

If somebody is hateful and spiteful they don't deserve to have the very thing they planted grow and be returned to them. Dammit I'm gonna hang onto this metaphor.

And yeah, the main message is the same. Don't let them break you. This includes not letting them make you hateful and spiteful, even if unintended.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17887 on: December 07, 2010, 08:55:12 pm »

What do you mean and how come? I'll butt out if I'm being too nosy.....
No, it's fine. I'm just unconsciously walking on my toes. For example, I'll start walking, then notice "Wait, why am I walking on my toes?". Having to make a conscious effort to NOT do it is annoying.

you should get it checked just in case

I can walk normally just fine, it's just rather... habitual, I guess. Purely idiosyncratic (I like that word). It just makes walking rather awkward.

Even if its nothing to worry about, still might want to check it out. That way you'll know if it really is habitual and nothing to worry about.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17888 on: December 07, 2010, 09:24:28 pm »

So it is looking like I am having heart problems earlier. My dads side of the family has no males over 50, because everyone has died of heart attack by then. My moms side is marginally better, because all of the males have died by 55. Recently though, I've been having crazy blood pressure readings, faintness, and a lot of other fun stuff. Several rounds of bloodwork, and other tests I couldn't name or understand, will tell me what is up, but for now it just looks bad. Because of this, I am off the football team until my doctor clears me. I am off the basketball team until my doctor clears me. My parents have me in house arrest until my doctor clears me.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17889 on: December 07, 2010, 10:00:16 pm »

Oh shit, how old are you? Teenager, middle age? My family has a history of heart problems too, including most of my Dad's family and my sister, so I may be able to advise you and/or help you figure stuff out. Don't take my advice over a doctor's, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17890 on: December 07, 2010, 10:04:11 pm »

So it is looking like I am having heart problems earlier. My dads side of the family has no males over 50, because everyone has died of heart attack by then. My moms side is marginally better, because all of the males have died by 55. Recently though, I've been having crazy blood pressure readings, faintness, and a lot of other fun stuff. Several rounds of bloodwork, and other tests I couldn't name or understand, will tell me what is up, but for now it just looks bad. Because of this, I am off the football team until my doctor clears me. I am off the basketball team until my doctor clears me. My parents have me in house arrest until my doctor clears me.
Shit man...  But you're armed with more modern medical knowledge than any of them were.  If anyone can buck the trend, it's you.  Good luck.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #17891 on: December 07, 2010, 10:13:45 pm »

Romantic Relationships, Pushy Freinds, and Exe's.

Fuck off, the lot of you.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17892 on: December 07, 2010, 10:46:41 pm »

If it where Kaguro's daughter who got preggers depending on the situation he would ask why she didn't use protection then help her with whatever she chose to do, or beat the shit out of the guy then help her with whatever she chose to do. .....Well if Kaguro had a daughter >.>.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17893 on: December 07, 2010, 11:18:31 pm »

Big bro's birthday is today, and he's coming down with a cold or flu or something :(

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #17894 on: December 07, 2010, 11:34:16 pm »

Big bro's birthday is today, and he's coming down with a cold or flu or something :(
Worst birthday present EVER.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 8168